OSU-COM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to Sara.....there is movement...but the adcom won't meet until beginning of next week.

T

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone heard any news on bridge applicants?????

I have heard that they will meet early this week to accept, and contact bridge applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
MAN I WISH THEY WOULD DECIDE ALREADY!! I can't stand the wait!!!! I am pulling for you guys!!!! Especially, you saylorsdad!!!! :)

The word I received was that Leah was out of the office yesterday, so they did not meet. They will meet soon and hopefully they will pull my name out of the hat and call!

E, were you really up and on here at 6am? ;) I went to be about that time... :D Boy O boy I love med school finals.... I really wish I could inject the proper amount of sarcasm here...

apparently I received some information that either changed or was not correct to begin with. some bridge students were contacted yesterday, apparently correspondance is going out today to all students. exactly what the form of that correspondance is (letters or phone calls) is beyond me at this point admissions office just said correspondance. i have tried to update what i know, but it is difficult due to conflicting information received.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if theyve already contacted those accepted into the bridge program?
I called this morning and Lindsay said we should know something by the beginning of next week...when I asked her about whether or not they would call she said they may call if Leah and Dr. Stewart have time to both do the calling. According to her it is both Leah and Stewart on speakerphone? She also said they would only call those accepted...and letters for waitlist or rejection.
I'm beginning to lose hope:confused:

I know someone that was called recently but instead of accepting him into the bridge program they said they would like him to be in the traditional program! He didn't even interview for the traditional program....

Thanks for the info! That is weird...I've heard/read so many different things...I think I'm gonna go crazy thinking about it! Did you interview for the bridge program?

Indeed the motto is hurry up and wait, reach the timeline they gave you then wait another week.

Started my application for OSU this morning! 2010 here i come!

I received my rejection letter to bridge program today. Still on the waitlist for the regular program though so not to bummed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here...Just that they have not gone over the DO/MS apps yet....

Nobleheart did you apply for the DO/MS program? I didn't originally, but asked them to consider my application for the program about a month ago.

I have been on the waitlist since December and I'm about to crazy from waiting...

I did apply DO/MS. Hope we both get in...

Last edited:
in the next couple of months there should be quite a bit of movement

Leah played a cruel trick on me today- not on purpose, of course, but still. I got a call on my cell phone from a number I didn't recognize. I answered and she said "Hi Sarah, it's Leah Haines." My heart literally stopped- I thought, oh my gosh, this is it! Three years of applying has finally paid off! But, that's not what she was calling for after all, she just had a question about me applying to the duel degree program. Shoot.

It was such a tease! At least I had a glimpse of what my reaction will be when I finally do get THE call- someday.

That is cruel and unusual punishment....I would demand admission ; )

I am a freeek about numbers I don't recognize....palpitations...

Hey everyone. I'm a student ambassador at OSU-COM, and I just thought I'd let you know about something we have going on.

You are invited to join us for an applicant information session. This is a session for all students that will be applying to our medical school for fall 2010. You will have the opportunity to ask questions about the application and the process of applying, as well as meet members of the admissions committee. You also get to tour the school with student ambassadors, all of whom are current students like myself.

When: June 5, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Where: Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
1111 W. 17th St. Tulsa, OK 74145
Please RSVP to Lindsey Kirkpatrick by Wednesday June 3.
(918) 561-8468 or [email protected]
attachment.ashx

Email sent!

Also, pulled another 4.0 this semester! Yay. Submitted AACOMAS today or uhhh yesterday as I look at the time.

Now all I need is AACOMAS to look at my MCAT that was sent on 5/1 and verify my transcripts!

I talked to Sarah Q today (Leah was out) and she said there are not any open spots in the regular class right now, and she did not know when the applications for the duel degree program would be reviewed.

I spoke to Sarah friday she said that final waitlist for regular program was already decided and would be mailed this week.

Just got an invite to write a letter of purpose for the DO/MS program...soooo exciting.

I received a letter from osu that said I made the final waitlist. best of luck to you everyone still waiting could be a long summer

Hi, I was wondering how many OOS students/ per year OSU accepts? I'm OOS. Thanks for reading this and good :luck: to those of you who are waiting to hear back from OSU.

Got my Final Waitlist letter as well, and finished a 1500 word statement of purpose for the DO/MS program.....sittin' waitin' wishin'

Good luck to all.

I called home and asked my husband to check the mail (he gets off work earlier than I do) and I got my final waitlist letter too. Oh, the torture

Anyone know if OSU will accept an MD LOR instead of DO?

call the admin office about the md lor I think a do lor is required.

does anyone know how many are on final waitlist? admissions office said they don't release info.

Just saw that President Fernandes is stepping down to pursue "other interests." This seems to be a shame..he seemed very energetic and assuring on interview day.

Fernandez leaving is very good for OSU COM. The problems that occurred this last year were preciptated by bad decisions he made and he was unwilling to change course even after it was clear he was wrong.

He nearly killed OSU COM's clinical education and residency programs.

I also just received my notice for the final wait-list. I've heard that there are roughly 20 to 25 on the list. Any one else interested in the MBA/DO program?

Anyone know how they notify for DO/MS acceptance?

I think Leah said they call for the DO/MS program. I'm not sure though. I tried several times last week to get in touch with her (calling and email) and I tried to call yesterday and today with no luck.

You have to have a DO letter for your app. Yes Dr. Fernandez has stepped down. He was brought in due to his business specialty to help with the hospital situation. No matter how ugly it was, its in a comfortable situation right now so he felt like it was time to persue other interests. Dr. Stanley Grogg has been named the Interim President. Everything else is pretty laid back this summer. Good luck to those still waiting, but don't forget to enjoy your summer. If/when you get in it will be your next to last free one. :)

My aacomas app is now processing and should be to OSU soon.

GOT ACCEPTED TO OSU!!!!! Woot Woot :love:

congrats!

may i ask what your stats are?

congrats tall gal I think we interviewed in feb same day. when did you find out?

Thank you guys!!! I'm really excited. Dr. Stewart called me last Wednesday.

CONGRATS TALL GIRL! Can't wait to meet you ASD June 13th. So exciting!:thumbup::thumbup::laugh:

I spoke with Leah this morning. There are no openings in the regular class right now. As for the duel degree programs, they have made the selections for the DO/MBA program. She said if you were asked to write the letter of purpose for the DO/MS program then it's kinda like making the first cut. She said she is hoping they will have the final selections for the DO/MS in a week.

Got a call from Dr. Stewart....Accepted into the DO/MS program...soooooooooooo excited!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.