OSU-COM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ma'am... I should be in Histo and Biochem....tons o' fun

Are you taking the Intro to histo/neuroanatomy class this summer? I am planning on it.. sounds like a helpful foundation and intro to Dr. Meek's teaching style.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, congrats again to those that have gained entry into OSU-COM. We are all excited to see and have you here!

Now, unless you are required to take the summer "pre-Histo" class, I'd advise against it. Those that took it, didn't do much (if any) better than the average and you should really be trying to relax the rest of this summer. I apply the med school year to a show on the discovery channel... "The Deadliest Catch".. Basically its a really long grind. Make no doubts about it, you will be mentally and physically tired by the time finals come. The difficult part about Meeks class is not that its Histo per se. It has Histo, but also significant Pathology and Cellular Physiology. That's the more difficult part. Our class did well (on avg) on the lab section (which is typically all histo), then got beat up a bit in the lecture section (which is a combination of all 3). So sit back, look at your pre-req's/grades in those areas and decide if you really think you need to take it. I know that everyone is different and have different learning styles, so feel free to do as you wish. I just thought I'd put my .02 in before people signed up to take the class for sure.

We had a really good turn out for the applicant information session on friday (Class of 2014) and we are all pretty excited to see the incoming class of 2013 this coming friday. :thumbup:

Just got a call from Dr. Stewart! I got in! Does anybody know what time admitted student day starts on Saturday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm not 100% sure on the times, but I do know that the ambassadors have to be there from 8am to 1pm. I would venture a guess that its 830am to 1pm. Email Lindsey Kirkpatrick at :

[email protected] She should respond pretty promptly with the times.

Congratulations on being accepted. We all look forward to seeing you guys on Saturday! :thumbup::thumbup:

what was your acceptance for the regular program or d.o./mba?

anyone have any info about the DO/PhD?

So what exactly will the admitted students day entail? Is it like a meet and greet thing?

Ya thats pretty much it. We (ambassadors) meet/welcome you guys in the morning, information session follows, we eat brunch with you guys, then we break up into small groups and take you to our break out rooms. The break out rooms allow you guys to get current students behind closed doors and ask some things that you might not want to ask in a big group. While we have you in small groups, your significant others (which are strongly encouraged to attend) will get a presentation from the members of SAA. SAA is our support group of spouses/significant others. My wife is the president and I'd be glad to put her into touch with anyone that has questions. Medical school is a very trying time on a relationship and our "others" need support just like we do. No one knows what they go through, except for someone doing the same thing. SAA allows them to meet, bond, and have outside activities they can attend.

Wow that got long... let me know if there are any other q's... Hope you guys are enjoying the summer.. :)

Yay my app was verified today and should be to OSU on monday! Huzzah!

Admitted student day was great. All of the MSII's were very welcoming and helpful/advising. There were a variety of opinions on both computer selection and the pre-histo class.

See everyone at orientation.

I'm all signed up for the September 12th MCAT. So not looking forward to that :(

study...study...study...study...then kick it's butt....

one of my friends got a call today being offered a spot in the traditional program for this upcoming year. needless to say she had almost given up hope at this point. Anyone else hear anything today?

a second friend sent me a message today. They got a call yesterday as well.

I'm done with week 1 of studying for the MCAT- 9 weeks to go :oops:

good luck with the mcat no news lately from anyone so the waitlist must be slow.

a friend of mine that got an acceptance is rejecting the offer, so some lucky person will be getting a call next week!

I finished week 4 of studying for the MCAT- and I have been unfortunately reminded of how much I hate chemistry. But, I get to take this week off to go to Vegas, so that will be a good break!

Status
Not open for further replies.