OSU-COM class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Homunculus said:
a little thing i learned with histo that may help you guys as well-- remember to look at the study slides grossly. many times you can ID the tissues/organs before looking through the scope, and limit your "differential" of what kind of cells may live there. the differences in morphology grossly is sometimes easier than looking at it microscopically, not to mention easier on the eyes.

--your friendly neighborhood remediation granule avoiding caveman

and meek doesnt like it when you look at the slide grossly ;)

is that not the truth... he covered one slides content, all but just the part that he wanted us to see.... I still say nothing was on the slide though

Members don't see this ad :)
DrDad said:
is that not the truth... he covered one slides content, all but just the part that he wanted us to see.... I still say nothing was on the slide though

that sneaky b*stard. well, apparently he figured that little trick out, lol.

not much else i can tell you other than to be happy you aren't color blind. :cool:

--your friendly neighborhood out of histo tips & tricks caveman

OSU:
I am Clay Cessna MS4 and am currently the Chair of Region III for the American Medical Association-Medical Student Section. Region III consists of six states (TX, LA, AK, MS, KS, and OK). I am also a student at the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.

I am writing to appeal to anyone that may be interested in learning more about student participation in the AMA. The AMA attempts to represent the voices of all students and physicians, but they can only do this with our participation. Recently, the D.O. students in the AMA have worked to develop an Osteopathic caucus to specifically discuss issues relevant to the osteopathic profession to make sure we are clearly heard, as well as to have a national forum for D.O. students to discuss issues on our campuses, etc. The AMA also has many opportunities for student leadership and the opportunity to pursue personal interests, such as community service, politics, anything.

Most notably, there are two upcoming meetings I would like to personally invite any OSU student to attend. The first is our regional meeting to be held in Houston, Tx on November 5-7. All states from the region should be represented. I know students from OU plan to attend, and I would love for OSU to be present. The website established for this meeting is
http://www.bcm.edu/osa/amatma/beyondtheclinic/

The second meeting is the AMA Interim meeting scheduled for December 2-4 in Atlanta, Georgia. These meetings are a great way to meet students from across the nation and tap many resources. The site for this is http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/12855.html .

Without a school chapter, funding for these meetings may be an issue. There is no fee for attending the meeting (I will cover your registration cost for the regional meeting) - only the cost to travel and housing. Many chapters share hotel rooms for these meetings, and I will work to arrange this for anyone interested. I am also seeking some sort of monies to reimburse any OSU student for their flight/driving - hopefully I can find something so that if you are interested I have removed all barriers to attend. My goal here is to simply have OSU represented at these meetings and to increase awareness of the AMA on the OSU campus.

Contact me at [email protected]. I appreciate your time for this long email, please forward this to any- and every- one that may be interested (even campus-wide). Thanks.

make sure you stretch before you play flag football

or you will pull a muscle in your upper leg

:(

OSUdoc08 said:
make sure you stretch before you play flag football

or you will pull a muscle in your upper leg

:(

ahhh yes. flag football. reminds me of the short lived glory days of the ATLAS club my MSI year. :D

you guys really missed out on some fun times when the administration eliminated it. :mad:

--your friendly neighborhood broke the nightstand caveman

Homunculus said:
ahhh yes. flag football. reminds me of the short lived glory days of the ATLAS club my MSI year. :D

you guys really missed out on some fun times when the administration eliminated it. :mad:

--your friendly neighborhood broke the nightstand caveman

That is the ATLAS club

it's here

and we play

OSUdoc08 said:
That is the ATLAS club

it's here

and we play

it may be the ATLAS club in name, but it's not The "ATLAS" club of old. the old ATLAS club had more than just sports. ;) my only regret is that i never got to be on the "good beer" side of things. we only got the Beast and Nat Lite. :mad:

--your friendly neighborhood going to bed caveman

blahhhhhh...

ok I feel better now

DrDad said:
blahhhhhh...

ok I feel better now

I second that!

Happy weekend. What's that?

Good luck studying everyone.

So. Are Dr Meek's anatomy questions as brutal as histo? Evidently he is writing like 14 embryo questions for the next test. When Dr Smith mentioned that in class, I could hear groans from across the class.

I thought they were similar.

Nice to see you today, btw. I've been up at school waaaayyy too much recently, but it is nice to chat with all of you MS1s and MS2s :)

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMom said:
Nice to see you today, btw. I've been up at school waaaayyy too much recently, but it is nice to chat with all of you MS1s and MS2s :)

who are also at the school waaaaayyyy too much :cool: :D

--your friendly neighborhood bad influence caveman

Sweet Histology dreams, everyone....

Sweet Dr. Sanny Biochem dreams now.....

DrMom said:
phosphate on
phosphate off

AND LO, MYSHORT AND MEDIUM CHAIN FATTY ACID BROTHERS, HEAR ME AND TAKE HEED, THAT DEVILIN DECLARED THAT ON THE 21ST DAY, McDONALDS SHALL CLEAN OUT THE COOKING OIL AND REPLINISH IT WITH MORE EVIL LONG CHAIN FATTY ACIDS. AND REPENT HE SAYS, SEEK OUT THE INNER GOODNESS OF NON HYDROXYLATED ACIDS. OLIO, I SAY, NOT BUTTER WITH ITS' BLASPHMOUS WAYS, REPENT, AND YOUR HYPERLIPDEMIA EXORCISM SHALL BE COMPLETE

THE POWER OF COOP COMPELS YOU
THE POWER OF COOP COMPESL YOU

I AM THE ALPHA AND OMEGA 3 FATTY ACID, HEAR ME AND REPENT.........

:D

ahh, i don't miss first year,

ArmyDoc1999 said:
Sweet Dr. Sanny Biochem dreams now.....

so why did they wait until now to remind us that all of the physics & chemistry we memorized for the MCAT would actually be needed for med school?

Man, im glad group A is not dissecting. No digging in gluteal fat! Heck ya.

[satire]
Why to vote against 713
-----------------------

Smokers keep us doctors in business

Curbs over population

Contributes to natural selection of the oklahoman population (only the really strong healthy smokers will survive to spread their genes)

It shaves off years at the END of year life. Helps cut nursing home costs, and helps with the Geriatrician shortage problem (fewer are needed).

Helps to reduce stress and medicate for depression/anxiety.

What is more unamerican that restricting the rights of the population to harm themselves?

Discriminatory against other people with equally unhealthy habits (see Super Size Me)

Our country's economy was founded on tobacco exports. Why kill such a rich natural heritage? Even the native americans realized the value of tobacco.

[/Satire]

Yay no tests til finals

:D

which MS-1 came to OSU today, im guessing hes on sdn because he mentioned it. I missed the name of the person, anyways thanks for coming and making it brief =).

DrMom said:
You guys have been really quiet lately. I was beginning to wonder if Meek had done you all in ;)
we have all replaced the subjects of Gross Anatomy by now.... or atleast most of us look that way(Way tooo Tired!)

DrDad

i hate my life :thumbdown:

To all those MSII's or otherwise -
Any areas or structures in anatomy that might be high yield?
What about histo?

DrCoreyOSU said:
What about histo?

anatomy: know the areas of the body where a lot of stuff lives in a little amount of space. ie, neck and pelvis. they like to tag stuff in areas they can confuse you.

histo: learn what the sample sets look like grossly. gross appearance can help you narrow down what may be living there.

other than that, it's the luck of the draw. :cool:

--your friendly neighborhood class of 2004 caveman

DrCoreyOSU said:
What about histo?

For my class' step 1 innervation of the arms and legs was really high yield. As far as histo goes, I ditto what Homunculus said.

DrMom, when did you become an admin?! :eek:

Hail, anatomy and biochem are dead. So much for our biochem tear sheets being back today :(

DrCoreyOSU said:
What about histo?

sorry man, I didn't see this thread in time, otherwise I would have given you the head up that the slide that is solid green on the Histo final is vagina, pay attention to the content of the surface cells and the thickness of it, don't let the color fool you........

Hernandez,
Thanks for the head up. Histo isn't until Friday at 9am, so any other helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Any of you fellas heard of dr miller Internalist i think he went to OSU com and he or she might work at the OSU health care clinic, which im not sure where it is? I'll be shadowing him or her just wondering if you guys knew him or her :D.

WE ARE DONE!

(for 2 weeks)

+pity+

Abe said:
Any of you fellas heard of dr miller Internalist i think he went to OSU com and he or she might work at the OSU health care clinic, which im not sure where it is? I'll be shadowing him or her just wondering if you guys knew him or her :D.

It's Dr. Laura Miller probably. She used to be my mother's physician in Enid. She's a good Doc.

YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO! Everybody make it out OK? One semester down, 7 to go!