Oregon State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not enjoying the suspense

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
i honestly saw the first part of the email and thought it was a rejection LOL

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i honestly saw the first part of the email and thought it was a rejection LOL
I've honestly got so many rejections that when I open an email I just assume 😅

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I’m at work right now and it go really busy so when I saw the notification on my phone I panicked only to open my email and see there’s more waiting lol

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Oregon averages retakes or recalculates them? I can’t find any information about it!

The suspense is killing me

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection, which I’m not surprised with tbh considering how few seats there are for OOS students.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS rejection, which I’m not surprised with tbh considering how few seats there are for OOS students.
I'm currently crying my eyes out because I just got rejected, too. We will get into a school. We ARE worth it. <3

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I was also rejected this year after being waitlisted last year, so that stings, but I’m not all that surprised after their announcement about the increase in applications this year.

• Care
OOS waitlisted / alternate. Says they keep 100 candidates on there

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!! I can’t believe it!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I'm currently crying my eyes out because I just got rejected, too. We will get into a school. We ARE worth it. <3
It’ll happen!!! Everyone here is so worth it and all very much qualified, it’s just tough when there are so few seats and so many applicants, but it will happen!!

• Care
  • Love
OOS rejection. Not surprised lol

• Care
OOS waitlist / alternate feels bittersweet but I’m going to stay positive!!

• Care
They don’t take like any OOS geez 😂

Oh well- for everyone rejected I’m sure you guys will get into other schools!! Clearly they don’t exactly favor OOS. I’m sorry to anyone else who’s been rejected but still plenty of time to get into other schools!

• Love
Alternate! I wonder when they’ll release our ranking out of the 100 applicants?!

Alternate! I wonder when they’ll release our ranking out of the 100 applicants?!
They typically do not rank the waitlist unless there are open spots following decision day. Last year, the waitlist was never ranked and no one was pulled!

• Wow
OOS acceptance! Really wasn’t expecting it but I’m very grateful.

• Love
OOS alternate!! I am taking this as a positive

Does anyone know how many oos spots there are this cycle? on the website it said they took 49 last year, but it seems like there might be a lot less this year

Does anyone know how many oos spots there are this cycle? on the website it said they took 49 last year, but it seems like there might be a lot less this year

Honestly seems like it. And I feel like there should be a lot more OOS acceptances or alternates here tbh

OOS acceptance!
Here are my stats:
-State: California
-Overall GPA: 3.8
-Last 45 sem: 4.0
-Science GPA: 3.9
-Animal hours: 80 (Rehabilitation center and veterinary clinic)
-Veterinary hours: >1700 from two veterinary clinics
-LORs: ochem professor and two veterinarians

OOS alternate! :)