Oregon State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cait227

Reaction score
Hey guys, second-time OOS applicant here! Didn't see an OSU thread so I made one.

In regards to the app question on listing your academic credits per term does anyone know if they want us to list semester credits? I was on a quarter system for school and it doesn't say on the question if it's necessary to convert.

Members don't see this ad.

First time non-trad IS applicant!

I had a mix of schools on quarter and semester schedules throughout my academic career and just listed them as is (eg. Spring 2020 - 9 semester credits ... Fall 2015 - 16 quarter credits).

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Second-time OOS applicant as well. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I'm a first time OOS applicant, just got an email confirming that my application was received. For OOS applicants, is there no interview portion? In the email, it states that interviews will be conducted in January, but for in state residents only. Do they just make decisions for OOS based on our application alone?

Hello! I'm a first time OOS applicant, just got an email confirming that my application was received. For OOS applicants, is there no interview portion? In the email, it states that interviews will be conducted in January, but for in state residents only. Do they just make decisions for OOS based on our application alone?
Correct, no interview for OOS!

Has anyone heard anything ? When do they start sending stuff out ?
From what I’ve read on other threads, in the past they’ve sent interview invitations to IS applicants around mid December. And last year, OOS applicants got their decisions on December 20th.

Reactions: 5 users
First time OOS applicant!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bringing this thread back to life in hopes we’ll hear back in 2 weeks 🧡

Reactions: 6 users
Second time IS! Non-traditional. Tess said they will have interview invites out by the second or third week of this month! Good luck to all.

Does anyone know how holistic the admissions department is?

I would say middle of the pack, in my experience. Not extremely GPA focused, like UCD or Missouri, but it is important to them. I was OOS waitlisted last year with a 3.52 cGPA and 3.3-something scGPA. So you don’t have to be top of your class to have a chance 😊

Reactions: 3 users
I would say definitely on the more holistic side IF we had to teeter one way or the other. A friend of mine was a second time applicant IN state and was waitlisted second time(BUT got accepted to Colorado and attended same year OOS)had a very robust set of hours and experiences(some INSANE ones) with great letters of recommendation, and her cumulative GPA was 2.89, not sure of other stats other than her last 45cred GPA being 3.66.
So considering the quality of academic background, and the fact that OSU waitlisted her the same year Colorado accepted her as an OOS, probably doesn’t help anyone other than the fact that you sometimes never know who they will accept.

Reactions: 4 users
Do you all think we will hear this week?
I don’t think we’ll hear until next week, but I’ve still been checking my portal every day 😅 Last cycle, most people got an e-mail when their decision was released, but I did not.

I’d like to think we will hear back by the end of this week, since it’s about the same time they heard back for class of ‘26. Tess told me either by the second or third week. I DEFINITELY overthink things and can’t decide if this week is technically the third week or second week(since it’s the second FULL week??) ugh anxiety

I’d like to think we will hear back by the end of this week, since it’s about the same time they heard back for class of ‘26. Tess told me either by the second or third week. I DEFINITELY overthink things and can’t decide if this week is technically the third week or second week(since it’s the second FULL week??) ugh anxiety
I’ve been wondering the exact same thing 😅 I thought about e-mailing for clarification but don’t want to be a bother and look impatient.

I could definitely see it either this week or next week. If we go off of dates and assume they release decisions 12/20 again then I guess it would be next week, but if we go off of when in the month they released it, it could be this week or next week. Lol, so much to think about

I emailed and Tess said it will be late this month or early January

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
This might be a silly question, but how do we get access to the portal? I accidentally deleted the email and now I have no idea how to log in or where to go to get to it

The wait is killinggg me 😅 I really hope OOS decisions come out by the 20th.

Reactions: 2 users
Stay strong y’all! This sucks but eventually it will happen🥴

do they send OOS decisions out a different day then?

Reactions: 7 users
I’d assume so. I’m OOS and it still says under review.

The past thread says that IS hears a week before OOS. So hopefully OOS hears next week!

IS interview invite!! 😭

Reactions: 9 users
The past thread says that IS hears a week before OOS. So hopefully OOS hears next week!
We heard on a Monday last year, so I’m being optimistic that may be the case this year too 🤞🏼

I've been checking up on this thread because I'm too nervous to log into my portal lolll. Hope we find out soon.

Reactions: 7 users
I feel like we will hear back closer to the 22nd because last year oos people found out 5 days after the is people got interview invites

i’ve literally been obsessively checking my email at work

Saw another IS just get a rejection in their portal tonight so maybe they aren’t done sending IS decisions yet.

• Care
Okay OOS peeps next week it is 💀 got the email and my stomach dropped more waiting