Ohio State MEDPATH 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketcard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. this is the offical Ohio State MEDPATH 2011 forum :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

IT IS CANCELED THIS YEAR !!! wow, unbelievable :( :eek: :confused:

Unfortunately, we no longer are offering the Medpath Program. It will not be available for the 2011 class. It is possible that it would return in a few years but will probably be very different. I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Thank you for your interest in The Ohio State University.

I just emailed Nikki Radcliffe and she said it wasn't canceled. Who said it was canceled?

Members don't see this ad :)
woow, really canceled??

hopefully that is not true...

i am a current medpather and i personally asked nikki and she said no the program is not canceled. please everyone, lets not start rumors because this is an opportunity that changes peoples lives and you dont want to take that away from someone who thinks the program is canceled.

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten any invitations to apply for this program?

PS I am Indian American (South Asian lol) and have been economically disadvantaged my whole life. I am also from Ohio. Will I get an invitation? if so what are my chances of getting in. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

For the sake of my $160, I'll trust the Associate Director of the program as to the Administrative Assistant.

I emailed Nikki and she responded that it is not canceled. So we can put the rumors to rest. Good luck Everyone!

who said anything about it be canceled?? I heard it was still on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rocketcard
IT IS CANCELED THIS YEAR !!! wow, unbelievable :( :eek: :confused:

Unfortunately, we no longer are offering the Medpath Program. It will not be available for the 2011 class. It is possible that it would return in a few years but will probably be very different. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Just to be clear...... the program is not cancelled, correct?!
that would really suck because I just really learned about it from the school website and just added the school to my already verified amcas :/

:)ok, I just got double confirmation from OSU that it's a rumor and here's their explanation why it got started:
"The program is not cancelled. Unfortunately MEDPATH has been confused with OSU’s Medical Admission (BS-MD) Program, which is no longer accepting applicants."

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, it is me again( the leader and creator of this thread) :smuggrin:

NOW, listen up

I need you guys to list when you submitted secondary's and if anyone git any replies

me- submitted 9/22

still no reply

well since you said it so nicely ;)

secondary submitted 10/16

nothing yet but not expecting anything until after the AMCAS deadline I think Nov 1

Hi all, it is me again( the leader and creator of this thread) :smuggrin:

NOW, listen up

I need you guys to list when you submitted secondary's and if anyone git any replies

me- submitted 9/22

still no reply

just as a a general timeline.. i got a confirmation for my osu 2ndary on 9/15 and my medstar status changed to post bacc consideration on 10/2. the post bacc 2ndary was quite lengthy as well.

this thread has been dead for quite some time now:

so BUMP!!

has anyone heard any news??

I have not as of yet, but I just submitted the secondary a few days ago...

just got my status changed to post bacc. Now I have to find the time to fill out the app from now until Feb 12 :shrug:

just got my status changed to post bacc. Now I have to find the time to fill out the app from now until Feb 12 :shrug:

Got mine today as well. first rejection of the season.

Last edited:
I haven't received any notice, rejection or interview invite, and now I'm thinking that my application will ultimately just be rejected without post-bacc consideration, which was the reason I had applied to OSU. Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

time to wait .. for those who receive 2ndaries ... interviews wont be schedule til around early april.. so you probably wont get an interview invite until around the 2nd week of march.. good luck!

Hmm, I feel dumb for not noticing the new biochemistry requirement before since I really applied to OSU just to get into the MEDPATH program... does anyone know how that affects the referral to the MEDPATH program? I'm still waiting on post-bacc consideration so I was wondering if anyone's status has changed over to post-bacc consideration lately and how long it took after you submitted your secondary??

thanx :oops:

Just sent in my MEDPATH application today has anyone responded yet?

just bumping the thread...

have not heard anything yet, no post bac application. I sent in my primary in Oct 31st (pretty late) and the secondary a few weeks after that. I am assuming because it was sent it very late that is why I have not heard a peep from admissions. Hopefully I will soon....:)

I received an invite I believe on Jan 30th for the medpath program and returned iton Feb. 1st. The deadline to return it is Feb 12th.

Iwantthis2011, can you tell us when you submitted your secondary? I too am still waiting for a medpath application... should I send an update letter detailing y I want to be considered for medpath?

Iwantthis2011, can you tell us when you submitted your secondary? I too am still waiting for a medpath application... should I send an update letter detailing y I want to be considered for medpath?

your question was not directed towards me may be my will help you figure out your timeline. i submitted secondary on 9/27 and got medpath on 12/20. Good luck.

I submitted my secondary I believe in the middle of October, I can't find the specific date. I'm not sure if an update letter would help but I don't think it could hurt I suppose. Because bigz said they received their letter so early, they could still be sending out letters and it is being done on a rolling timeline meaning they send out a few, wait for responses, send out another batch etc. Interviews aren't conducted until April so I am not sure what is going on.

Does anyone know if the biochem requirement has to be completed before we enter medpath if we are accepted?

This is the message I got from the office when I emailed them asking the same question
"Our MEDPATH program is for the underrepresented minorities or disadvantaged. The program is something that is by invitation only. If you were to receive an application, it would need to be completed by February 12th, 2011. You would have to have completed Biochemistry by the time you came into the program. Not having taken it, will not exclude you from consideration.
Good luck!

Flo"

...then both in an email and update letter I stated I was enrolled in Biochem this spring and where I was taking it
...but I've pretty much lost hope of receiving the MEDPATH application before the deadline at the end of the week, best of luck to the rest of you guys!

hey
im jus joinin this thread pretty late but i sent in my med path app and received notification they got it. It says that decisions to interview come in early march
i don't know if there is anything else to do in between except wait....

@IRolle

About how long did it take between you sending the medpath app and getting the notification of them receiving it?

Thanks

hey
im jus joinin this thread pretty late but i sent in my med path app and received notification they got it. It says that decisions to interview come in early march
i don't know if there is anything else to do in between except wait....

IRolle, I have my application but I having trouble filling it out. I want to type it but Adobe is acting weird. Do you remember what program you used to view and fill out the application? I just feel it would better to type my answers instead of handwriting them. Thanks !!

Depending on where you live determines when they receive. I live in columbus so they received it within 3 days. My adobe thing acted strange also so I had to add text boxes in where they wanted essays and type in to those because the boxes they had only fit in one line.

Did anyone else receive an email saying the deadline for the medpath application has been moved to March 15th, and not Feb 12th?

interesting... so did those of you who got this email already submit the application?

interesting... so did those of you who got this email already submit the application?

Yes, it seems like it went to all those they have invited. I have received two such updates since i turned in my app.

Yay so I got my MEDPATH application today :) Thanks to SDN I didn't lose all hope when Feb 12th came and went... and I didn't drop my biochem course, which I am taking just for Ohio's prereq and really wanted to drop bc the teacher is absolutely awful... hopefully it'll be worth it:xf:

So if MEDPATH is by invitation only does that mean they only send out enough invites to fill the class. What about a waiting list for the program? Does anyone have any idea?

from some of the questions in this thread... i can tell that people arent reading last years thread..which contains a wealth of information...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=665870

also.. as far as a waitlist..there is a waitlist for the ~30 or so interviewing.. 15 will gain entrance... i believe 5 or 6 get rejected..and the rest get waitlisted in a ranked order..

Last edited:
Has anyone received any news yet pertaining to an interview?:confused:

from some of the questions in this thread... i can tell that people arent reading last years thread..which contains a wealth of information...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=665870

also.. as far as a waitlist..there is a waitlist for the ~30 or so interviewing.. 15 will gain entrance... i believe 5 or 6 get rejected..and the rest get waitlisted in a ranked order..

Thank you for the link. There was alot of great information stored there.

Yes, last year's forum was extremely helpful. However, has anyone receive an invitation for an interview yet?

I have yet to hear back for interviews. They said we would get notified early March but nothing yet, hopefully by the end of Friday I guess.

just a word through the grapevine... 3 people have already been accepted to the program. they interviewed for regular MD admissions and were offered medpath spots.. not sure if they will accept.. however with there only being 15 spots available.. there could potentially be only 12 spots for this years ~35 interviewees.. so make sure you step it up people...

i'm so sorry for just now responding to you...i have been away for a while....it only took a few days. I sent it in quickly....and once the payment was processed (about 2 days) they emailed me notification of receipt...

I am apologizing to you as well....i have been away for a while and I wished I could have answered your question sooner. I assume you've already gotten your answer about filling the app....i ended up using microsoft word to answer my questions.