MedPath OSU 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Royal P

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I did a bit of searching and realized that there was no medpath specific thread for the 2024 entry year for the Ohio State University School of medicine. Feel free to communicate and share any useful information. I hope this little community is helpful for everyone through this long process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Thanks for making this thread. I'm applying to MedPath for OSU, haven't submitted my app yet but I'm working on it!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In the meantime, if anyone has any questions, please send me a message.
Hey, I had a question. I heard that tuition is covered for the medpath year and wanted to see if that was the case.

Hey Y'all! It's now a month out before interview invites are sent 🙃

congrats y’all! when does it say your portal last updated? (It’s on the home page under the contact us).

Members don't see this ad :)
Have all the final interview invitations been sent out?
I sent an email asking about that and they're still in the process of reaching out to people for interviews. If you haven't received a formal rejection then there is still a chance you will get an interview.

I know the supplemental app deadline has passed but just curious, anyone know how invitations to apply to MedPath are determined?

I know the supplemental app deadline has passed but just curious, anyone know how invitations to apply to MedPath are determined?
They reject applicants from the regular COM admissions and then make selections on who gets invited to apply for MEDPATH. I believe there is a website with some of the criteria they look for when selecting applicants for MEDPATH.

Based on this page, I see these criteria:
  • The student must show clear evidence of a commitment to practice in a medically underserved community. This can be demonstrated by extensive volunteer activity in service to an underserved or economically disadvantaged community (e.g., free clinics, mobile health units) or other extensive volunteer service to persons from lower socioeconomic communities).
  • In addition, at least one personal/professional experience letter, submitted through AMCAS, that attests to the candidate's desire to serve underserved communities as a physician is highly desirable.

Seems like they make invitations on their own part, but has anyone requested to be considered for MedPath? Just curious what they said

Does anyone know if the MCAT cut-off changes every year or does it stay the same?

For the interviewees,

Please practice with someone. Make it conversational. It is okay to say, "Give me a minute." Don't stress, it will be okay.

Like my previous advice to the other MEDPATH classes, some questions to be prepared for :

Tell me about yourself/ Why Medicine/OSU?
Overcoming Challenges
Criticism
Teamwork
Stress/Hobbies
Why do I want you at OSU?
Talk about your research, shadowing, work, clinical, and leadership experiences
- (Please elaborate on your experiences, not repeating what you wrote on your app verbatim )
- (Please look through your AMCAS experiences and essays, All of them if you applied multiple times)
- (If you are an applicant who has applied multiple times/gap years/IA, please be prepared to talk about that)
Please be up to date with current events, policies, and/or disparities

Good Luck and Godspeed

Did you get accepted? How soon did you receive the notice after your interview?
Interviews are done on April 1st and 3rd so no one has actually interviewed yet; just received invitations. March 29th is the last day to receive an invite. If you get an interview, you should know if you are accepted within a week according to the MedPath website.

Reactions: 1 user
I was called today to interview on Monday

Last edited:
  • Love
I was just called today to interview for Wednesday. Does anyone know if the interview is traditional style one-on-one?

Reactions: 3 users
Will say I really enjoyed my experience interviewing yesterday! Hope everyone else feels the same and good luck to those still interviewing! :)

Reactions: 3 users
*deep cleans house to take mind off the fact we’ll be hearing back this week*

• Haha
I believe Ms. Nikki said we should hear something by Friday, If not Monday

It looks like decisions have been posted, unfortunately mine was a rejection but hope the rest of you guys get some good news!!

• Care