Oh No.. Car Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm liking the new TTS

0801_03z+2009_audi_TTS+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

You should get this Range Rover for $2,500...I mean Tata Nano... I'm sure they'll come up with a Rover version.

nanotq3.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe your mom will buy it for me!!!! :thumbup:

Hmm I guess she hasn't already bought you two cars, so maybe she will!

I need to find a rich guy that will buy me the Mercedes I want along with my dream house (Its only 2 million).....

Hmm I guess she hasn't already bought you two cars, so maybe she will!

I need to find a rich guy that will buy me the Mercedes I want along with my dream house (Its only 2 million).....

Ok..you go find you a rich guy.. I'll go find me a rich old woman.. is your mom rich??:love:

Congratulations. Did any of the McDreamyness rub off on you?

I don't know.... quite possibly.... I've noticed some inappropriate comments from staff... :D

girlfriend just got Audi A3 awd. I really liked the rs4. they had a really nice blue TTS.

at the dealership they just got a R8, listed for $189K.
funny thing was, that wasn't even the most expensive car they had...
I believe it was a 2008 orange Ferrari (sorry, don't know models) for $299k, which happened to be sold.

How does she like the A3?

My cousin totalled his Ferrari the day after Christmas in Jersey...not too slick.

Members don't see this ad :)
An intelligent, sincere, and insightful woman can get whatever she wants. The paradox of a situation between such a woman and a man is that the woman may be able to get anything that she desires, but she will only want what is meaningful. Therefore, that woman will be content with whatever she already has and will only pursue things for their lasting effect.
The Mercedes will age and the house will eventually be too small. At some point, both will be replaced.

The dumb and shallow women are the ones who kill their husbands for insurance money and then get caught. Oh how I miss the murder mysteries on A&E...

Some of the most beautiful things cost almost nothing. Take my outside kitty for example. Her name's Tabby. She was a stray who had "participated" in a trap, fix, release program. Therefore, she's marked. One of her ears is notched. They notch the cats' ears while they're under, so that they don't accidentally try to fix them again later on.
Tabby is wonderful. She "talks" to me when she needs food or attention, and she purrs almost instantly when I pick her up. She has successfully become a domestic pet, although it took almost two years. One day about eight months ago, she let me pet her; until then, we had a "distant" relationship.
Sure, she's not the prettiest kitty, and she isn't worth thousands of dollars like a Sphynx, but I love her to death. I miss her all of the time too when I'm away from home.

s83304022_30468962_2546.jpg

How does she like the A3?

My cousin totalled his Ferrari the day after Christmas in Jersey...not too slick.

she loves it. It's a stick, so I still need to learn to drive it. :oops:

can't imagine the insurance premiums on a ferrari.

she loves it. It's a stick, so I still need to learn to drive it. :oops:

can't imagine the insurance premiums on a ferrari.
You can't drive a stick, and you're a guy? What? :smuggrin:

Even I know how to drive a standard :p. In fact, I prefer them over automatics. My first car was automatic, but after that, it's been all manual driving.
Straight aways are a manual transmission's friend. When you give a standard a little more gas and increase the acceleration, Voilà!, you can make it through the stoplight while everyone else is stuck idling at the red light.

It's weird after you drive a standard and then you start driving an automatic again. Unlike a standard, you only use one foot when driving an automatic. At first, I'll find myself using two feet to drive an automatic. In an automatic, the pedals are further to the right side too- no clutch.

I hope you'll like driving a standard too!

You can't drive a stick, and you're a guy? What? :smuggrin:

Even I know how to drive a standard :p. In fact, I prefer them over automatics. My first car was automatic, but after that, it's been all manual driving.
Straight aways are a manual transmission's friend. When you give a standard a little more gas and increase the acceleration, Voilà!, you can make it through the stoplight while everyone else is stuck idling at the red light.

It's weird after you drive a standard and then you start driving an automatic again. Unlike a standard, you only use one foot when driving an automatic. At first, I'll find myself using two feet to drive an automatic. In an automatic, the pedals are further to the right side too- no clutch.

I hope you'll like driving a standard too!

yeah, I know...
never been real interested in manual, maybe I'm lazy?
I used to drive to work in stop and go traffic, so I kinda thought it was pointless to get a stick.

my girlfriend used to have a 240sx, she told me she always missed manual, so now she's happy with her turbo, haha.

yeah, I know...
never been real interested in manual, maybe I'm lazy?
I used to drive to work in stop and go traffic, so I kinda thought it was pointless to get a stick.

my girlfriend used to have a 240sx, she told me she always missed manual, so now she's happy with her turbo, haha.
My friends in Germany thought Americans were like old people, because a lot of people in America drive automatics. Everyone in Germany seemed to drive a standard.
When I was over there, I didn't know how to drive a standard. My friend wanted to show me, but I was too scared. There were tight twists and turns in the roads. The last thing that I would have wanted was to go flying off of the side of a small mountain into the Black Forest.

startseite_luftbild.jpg

Unless you are trying to race the thing, there is no point in driving a manual. Automatic transmission is the greatest thing ever. That way you can talk on a cell phone or eat a hamburger while driving! Yeah!

Unless you are trying to race the thing, there is no point in driving a manual. Automatic transmission is the greatest thing ever. That way you can talk on a cell phone or eat a hamburger while driving! Yeah!

wuss. I can do those things while I drive standard. occasionally all 3. (driving, eating, talking)

http://www.gayot.com/images/auto/pontiac/g6%20gt%20convertible/topshot.jpg <----- T__T I want it SooOooOoo bad. =< Baaah! Even nicer is the 2008.

I can do that with a standard. I text too! "Yeah!"

Speaking of cell phones, how many of you live in a state that prohibits cell phone use while driving?

Cell phone? whats that? we live in teepees and ride horses here. lol

I am a master at driving+texting+talking+chewing gum, but I can't walk+text.

Standards are fun but I like being lazy and driving my automatic. btw do they make standard SUVs?

An intelligent, sincere, and insightful woman can get whatever she wants. The paradox of a situation between such a woman and a man is that the woman may be able to get anything that she desires, but she will only want what is meaningful. Therefore, that woman will be content with whatever she already has and will only pursue things for their lasting effect.
The Mercedes will age and the house will eventually be too small. At some point, both will be replaced.

The dumb and shallow women are the ones who kill their husbands for insurance money and then get caught. Oh how I miss the murder mysteries on A&E...

Some of the most beautiful things cost almost nothing. Take my outside kitty for example. Her name's Tabby. She was a stray who had "participated" in a trap, fix, release program. Therefore, she's marked. One of her ears is notched. They notch the cats' ears while they're under, so that they don't accidentally try to fix them again later on.
Tabby is wonderful. She "talks" to me when she needs food or attention, and she purrs almost instantly when I pick her up. She has successfully become a domestic pet, although it took almost two years. One day about eight months ago, she let me pet her; until then, we had a "distant" relationship.
Sure, she's not the prettiest kitty, and she isn't worth thousands of dollars like a Sphynx, but I love her to death. I miss her all of the time too when I'm away from home.

s83304022_30468962_2546.jpg

I'm not actually serious about it. The reason why I'd want it bought for me is because I don't think I could ever really justify buying a $60,000+ car and huge house for myself. Life isn't about money and I know that. I personally wouldn't buy myself a Chanel bag but if my mom wants to buy it for me she can.

I would never be the type that kills someone for money or marries an old man for money.

Everyone can dream about what they want. I rather have high hopes and aim for the best than to just accept anything. I admit that my $30 mutt from the pound was just as good as my $700 purebread dog I have now.

I'm not actually serious about it. The reason why I'd want it bought for me is because I don't think I could ever really justify buying a $60,000+ car and huge house for myself. Life isn't about money and I know that. I personally wouldn't buy myself a Chanel bag but if my mom wants to buy it for me she can.

I would never be the type that kills someone for money or marries an old man for money.

Everyone can dream about what they want. I rather have high hopes and aim for the best than to just accept anything. I admit that my $30 mutt from the pound was just as good as my $700 purebread dog I have now.
I don't have class for a couple of hours, so technically, it's still Sunday :smuggrin:.

Life isn't about accepting things.
I don't wake up in the morning and take a shower so that some one will give me a present for doing so. The same thing goes for school and work. I go to learn. In fact, yesterday at work, I learned that people shouldn't use an enema sitting down, because they could hit the Vagus nerve and pass out :idea:.

If you don't think that you can earn enough money to buy those things for yourself, then marry a rich man, but you should realize that people are replaceable. Divorce is always probable not matter what you want to believe.

My pharmacist from work is married to an OB/GYN. She used to be a pharmacist, but she went to medical school after pharmacy school. So now, my pharmacist works fulltime and makes ~$100,000/year, but they have to pay Uncle Sam $100,000 in taxes. So effectively, he works for free and gives his entire salary to Uncle Sam :eek:.

Someone will always have more money than you. They will have nicer things too, but they may or may not be as happy as you are even though your things may be considered ordinary.

My pharmacist from work is married to an OB/GYN. She used to be a pharmacist, but she went to medical school after pharmacy school. So now, my pharmacist works fulltime and makes ~$100,000/year, but they have to pay Uncle Sam $100,000 in taxes. So effectively, he works for free and gives his entire salary to Uncle Sam :eek:.

I dont understand this.

Are you saying that the wife grosses an income that requires payback of 100,000/yr in taxes?

If so..shes pulling about 350k+, pretty nice...

N-n-n-n-necro thread~

Anyone have experience with the current-generation Prius? Mom is looking at one. Can't say it's what I'd pick for her, but I guess I'm not the one making payments either...

My aunt has one and she loves it. I have an 09 and I love it. Great gas milage, decent ride, so far very reliable.

Anything specific?

N-n-n-n-necro thread~

Anyone have experience with the current-generation Prius? Mom is looking at one. Can't say it's what I'd pick for her, but I guess I'm not the one making payments either...

N-n-n-n-necro thread~

Sadly, I remember when this thread was new.

My aunt has one and she loves it. I have an 09 and I love it. Great gas milage, decent ride, so far very reliable.

Anything specific?

Not really anything specific. Being a petrolhead, I've never given them much thought...

There's several angles to the whole thing. One... in her heart, what she really wants is an SUV. Of course, she's smart enough to know that's probably not the best idea right now. My dad, for reasons I have not yet determined, doesn't like the idea of a Prius (probably thinks it's too small/not safe). He's trying to get her to look at a Camry hybrid, but I'm worried those are going to be hard to find. And personally, I would like her to get something a little 'fancier'... been trying to sell her on an Acura TL.

I figure if you're looking for a hybrid, the Prius is probably the way to go.

My dad, for reasons I have not yet determined, doesn't like the idea of a Prius (probably thinks it's too small/not safe). He's trying to get her to look at a Camry hybrid, but I'm worried those are going to be hard to find.

A Prius is ugly. Plain and simple. Gas saving, but ugly.

V6? It boggles me that 'normal' midsize family sedans are pushing 270-300 horsepower now.

As for looks, the Prius is... well, it isn't lovely... but I don't dislike it as much as I used to.
She's a 2009 Camry SE. It would be perfect if it was V6, but this 4 cylinder was at a great price and certified pre-owned. It brakes smoothly like butter and its handling is amazing. Only things I don't like are the lack of oomph when I stomp on the accelerator and the roadnoise due to the sporty suspension. It looks great - I wash every week and wax every 3 months. I perform maintenance on the dot. I pamper it.

Yep, I have a love relationship with my car.

My car 08 Accord coupe:
IMG_0088.jpg

Last edited:
She's a 2009 Camry SE. It would be perfect if it was V6, but this 4 cylinder was at a great price and certified pre-owned. It brakes smoothly like butter and its handling is amazing. Only things I don't like are the lack of oomph when I stomp on the accelerator and the roadnoise due to the sporty suspension. It looks great - I wash every week and wax every 3 months. I perform maintenance on the dot. I pamper it.

Yep, I have a love relationship with my car.

Nice car. I own a silver 2008 Camry SE myself. Looks just like this:

640px-2007_Toyota_Camry_Sportivo_01.jpg

If it wasn't for the SE trim, I wouldn't have given the Camry a second look. I just simply love how the car looks and drives. I even love the subtleties like how the steering wheel is weighted and how the gauge cluster lights up as a nice aquamarine color at night. Also, like you, I baby my car very much - I wash it every week, park far away from people to avoid scratches, etc.

What options does your SE have? Mine came with the 440W JBL audio system, Bluetooth, sunroof, and the rear lip spoiler.

Last edited:
Hybrid is nonsense. Petrol all the way. But my commute is 6 miles. But California sucks and I pay $4.40 for a gallon of super. Maybe I should get a hybrid

Oh hell maybe I will just vote democrat smoke pot grow my hair and stuff...

Not another car thread... I'm also looking at cars. Waste of money but sooo cool. :scared:

One of my family members has a new (bought back in December) 2011 Prius. She really likes it, and I think it looks a lot better than previous years' Prii (plural? Haha). She does say she only gets about 45 mpg in real life driving, though.