Oh No.. Car Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Though...I do need a small car to tow behind my Motorhome...

Members don't see this ad.

I love it!!! Don't have to dig keys out of my bag to get in. It was pretty hard to get used to at first though.

I bet two years from now, you'll be so used to the Smart Key that if you hopped into your old Celica (if you still had it), you'd be stepping on the brake pedal and trying to push a START button. :D

Enjoy the ride! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no desire to buy a new car...I've learned that lesson from my ******* parents....

Though when I graduate, I plan on getting a 4WD SUV to navigate the hills in the winter. Maybe an '03-05 Explorer XLT or Mountaineer. I'm sick of winding up in ditches in my Taurus. Thankfully I'm incredibly gifted at jerry-rigging ways to finagle my way out of said ditches.

Get a Subaru yo..

Get a Subaru yo..

I don't buy foreign cars unless they were built in the US. The XLT was built in Louisville, KY and St. Louis, MO. It's in everybody's best interest to support stateside production before the dollar loses it's value as an international fiat currency.....kinda like what's happening right now. The damned Euro is $1.41 and the Looney is equal to the dollar. WTF?

High School: 93 Mazda 626
Halfway through undergrad - present (04-now) : 04 VW Golf TDI

Next... depends where I move and what I do, and how much I want to spend.

If cost were no object, Porche Cayenne Turbo S

but that's 104K, not gonna happen in this lifetime

SDN1977's first car

22816517vy5.png

D*mn! I was wondering how this thread could get to 2 pages since it started after I left for work this morning. So.....I start reading & get to this:eek:!

Hmmmm - no! But - me......I didn't have a car in HS, altho I did date a guy with a BMW (he's now a cardiologist in TX:p)

No car in college either, nor pharmacy school........actually, I never owned a car all by myself:(. I married a guy with a car - beautiful 1968 maroon Cutlass with tuck & roll upholstery, but the heater was busted. That was tough in SF.

Since then I've bought about 12 cars - ours, our kids......no pictures of any.

Cute car though. I saw some of those in a car show a few weeks ago in NC.

The only car I've owned thus far.
car.jpg

I won't get an actual car until May when I start rotations.

Mine is the first in the line with the 2 girls on the top.

SKG_0151small.jpg

My next family car!

beckerjo1.jpg

becker1rf2.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
unless you're French and still pissed Italia won the World Cup...

and if you're French..your vote don't count.. and that goes for you French Canadians who kept talking to me in French in Montreal!!!

But I like French Tires.. Michelin.

Good Friend of mine spent a month in Germany last summer for World Cup... sleeping in train stations...here and there...

When he's not watching soccer...he prescribes antibiotics...

Is he single? :love:

:smuggrin: He was...when he was roaming the streets of Germany.

Then he had to come back to his pissed wife... but she understands..they're big time soccer fans. He had 2 tickets...but his son ended up not going. He was too little.

:smuggrin: He was...when he was roaming the streets of Germany.

Then he had to come back to his pissed wife... but she understands..they're big time soccer fans. He had 2 tickets...but his son ended up not going. He was too little.

Aww...I was in San Diego for the AACP meeting during the final game...had to skip out of the meetings to watch it. Screamed so loud during the penalty shots, I'm sure the whole hotel heard me. Would've much rather been in Germany.

Thanks.

That was a cool event down in NYC a few weeks back. It was a promo for the hawaiian tropic girls along with about 15 viper owners. It was a very very fun event. I even got on TV for it.

Ill post some pics later, I just finished washing/waxing.

My first vehicle..saved up for 2 years and bought it my junior year in HS. Drove it for 4 years (including 2 years of Undergrad). Now my family uses it as a work truck, and I drive a girly Chevy Cav.

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6

1990-92-Ford-Ranger-91114091991607.jpg

I'm the first to first to post a truck on here!!!:thumbup:
Gotta love being a country boy.

When I graduate Im getting: a Ford F250 PowerStroke Super Duty
F2501.jpg

Why not Tundra Diesel?

My first vehicle..saved up for 2 years and bought it my junior year in HS. Drove it for 4 years (including 2 years of Undergrad). Now my family uses it as a work truck, and I drive a girly Chevy Cav.

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6

1990-92-Ford-Ranger-91114091991607.jpg

I'm the first to first to post a truck on here!!!:thumbup:
Gotta love being a country boy.

When I graduate Im getting: a Ford F250 PowerStroke Super Duty
F2501.jpg

Why not Tundra Diesel?

I've never owened a toyota, neither has anyone in my family, however I do hear good things about them. I don't doubt that the tacoma and tundra are nice. I've just always been a ford man. They say that the majority of car manufacter loyalties are built around what your first vehicle was..mine was a ford.

If your interested in talking about trucks...I could do it allllll day. I love trucks. They get my engine going:love:

This was the car my parent's bought me for my 16th birthday. However, it has taken almost 5 years for it to be driveable, and it is not completely done, I still need to find the chrome and markers for it! It looked like it had been through the demoliation derby when I got it. But one thing is for sure, I am never getting rid of it!

Whats the make and model? Perhaps older Dodge?...but I can't tell. So you've taken it from a clunker to a sprinter? Thats awsome!! I love working on cars

This was the car my parent's bought me for my 16th birthday. However, it has taken almost 5 years for it to be driveable, and it is not completely done, I still need to find the chrome and markers for it! It looked like it had been through the demoliation derby when I got it. But one thing is for sure, I am never getting rid of it!

Its a 1968 Chevelle. Yes, my dad, boyfriend and I have transformed the car into what it is today :)

Firefighter - Awesome car!!

My car history (too bad no photos):
Sweet 16 - 1993 Honda civic
Senior year - 1995 Saturn sedan
sometime in college - 1998 Camaro
later in college - Jeep Grand Cherokee (hand me down from step-mom)
even later in college - 2001 Honda Civic
later than that, still in college - 1989 Toyota Camry (long story on how this came about...)

after college - NO CAR; public transportation

now: 2001 Nissan Sentra (paid for)/2003 Nissan Pathfinder (almost paid for)

No, I'm really not spoiled. Really. I had parents who made HORRIBLE financial decisions. Moral of story. Don't trade in a car just because it needs new tires!! Jeez. Luckily, I didn't have to make payments until the current cars...

((Off topic - I highly recommend that everyone see a financial advisor and learn how to effectively invest and manage money. Well worth it!))

Firefighter - Awesome car!!

My car history (too bad no photos):
Sweet 16 - 1993 Honda civic
Senior year - 1995 Saturn sedan
sometime in college - 1998 Camaro
later in college - Jeep Grand Cherokee (hand me down from step-mom)
even later in college - 2001 Honda Civic
later than that, still in college - 1989 Toyota Camry (long story on how this came about...)

after college - NO CAR; public transportation

now: 2001 Nissan Sentra (paid for)/2003 Nissan Pathfinder (almost paid for)

No, I'm really not spoiled. Really. I had parents who made HORRIBLE financial decisions. Moral of story. Don't trade in a car just because it needs new tires!! Jeez. Luckily, I didn't have to make payments until the current cars...

((Off topic - I highly recommend that everyone see a financial advisor and learn how to effectively invest and manage money. Well worth it!))

spoiled..

spoiled..

Excuse me while I weep since Epic called me spoiled... :cry:

LOL... it does look like it though, doesn't it? :p

I plan to keep driving my Sentra until the wheels fall off. Hopefully at that time, I'll be able to get the BMW or Benz. That is my next car goal. :)

Excuse me while I weep since Epic called me spoiled... :cry:

LOL... it does look like it though, doesn't it? :p

I plan to keep driving my Sentra until the wheels fall off. Hopefully at that time, I'll be able to get the BMW or Benz. That is my next car goal. :)

spoiled

I want this thing...so I can pull behind our motorhome.. it's so ugly, it's kinda cute...kinda like pug. ju know?

elementmn4.jpg

I like these:
07_fj_cruiser11_1153958699.jpg

these can even go off road. :thumbup:

Only spoiled daddy's girls like those cars..

ehh..any car can go off road.... only select few can come out of the off road..

Sweet 16 Car - 1988 Chevrolet Celebrity "The Big Brown Turd"
College graduation - 1997 Dodge Neon (Red) - really not that great
Few years later - 1997 Geo Tracker 4-door 4WD (still had it until a month ago - it got totaled with hubby and daughter in it - they are ok though)
Hubby's first car - 1984 Toyota Camry "The Brown Beauty"
Hubby's next car - 2001 Ford Thunderbird (sold when I got pregnant - kind of hard to get an infant seat into the back)
First "Family Car" - 2000 Hyundai Sonata (now hubby's car)
My current ride - 2006 Toyota Matrix XR :D (his car got wrecked and I got the new one. Marriage is awesome. ;))

All of these oldies sell their hot rods and slap a baby-on-board sticker in the back of minivan. Those poor sports cars :smuggrin:. Society has a sad way of incorporating offspring.
Come to think of it, I have to leave for a baby shower.

Only spoiled daddy's girls like those cars..

ehh..any car can go off road.... only select few can come out of the off road..

That car would last 5 minutes off road. Like, real off road.

So do people in California actually own SUVs and pickups? We only own them in WV because they are a necessity. Believe me, we'd all be driving around in Cobra Mustangs if the environment allowed it. If you live where it's sunny and flat 365 days a year, why the hell would you drive a big, ugly ass car with horrible gas mileage?

And the city folk call us ignorant yokels....