Oh No.. Car Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
High School: 1994 Dodge Shadow
halfway thru college: 99.5 VW Jetta TDI
3/4 thru college: 1989 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon
2nd year of pharmacy school/current: 2001 Hyundai Elantra

Members don't see this ad.

That car would last 5 minutes off road. Like, real off road.

So do people in California actually own SUVs and pickups? We only own them in WV because they are a necessity. Believe me, we'd all be driving around in Cobra Mustangs if the environment allowed it. If you live where it's sunny and flat 365 days a year, why the hell would you drive a big, ugly ass car with horrible gas mileage?

And the city folk call us ignorant yokels....

Ha! Yes, people in California do own SUVs and pickups. They are a necessity in some places in Cali too. Like, the mountains. We have a place around Lake Tahoe, and definately need the 4WD when it gets snowy up there. Sunny in Cali, maybe. Flat, I think you've got California mistaken with Kansas!

Members don't see this ad :)
Only spoiled daddy's girls like those cars..

ehh..any car can go off road.... only select few can come out of the off road..

AMC Eagle?
Supertan290px.jpg

I think you might have just called me old?!??!? :mad: :p
It was with love, you know, my slip of the tongue. I am fascinated with old stuff.

57-Chevy.jpg

There was one of these on the road Saturday, which just added to "convertible weekend". The weather was really nice.

I am not THAT old. Younger than sdn1977 and Epic, for example. :p
So you're just a middle-aged woman :smuggrin:. I'll stop baiting you :p.

I'm only a few years older than my car, a 1988 CRX. It's the best car I've ever owned. I can park it anywhere, and it gets a minimum of 30 MPG. If I don't dog it at 90 MPH on the interstate, the MPG can reach 50.

This is dedicated to Doctor M, Epic, and StallionRX.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzP-etuL6Y8[/YOUTUBE]

So you're just a middle-aged woman :smuggrin:. I'll stop baiting you :p.

I'm only a few years older than my car, a 1988 CRX. It's the best car I've ever owned. I can park it anywhere, and it gets a minimum of 30 MPG. If I don't dog it at 90 MPH on the interstate, the MPG can reach 50.

This is dedicated to Doctor M, Epic, and StallionRX.

Haha. Cool vid.

High School, 4 years undergrad, 1st year of pharm school: 1988 Toyota Corolla AWD station wagon
2nd year pharmacy school to date: 2006 Honda Element

There is nothing you cannot cram into a station wagon and there is no point in having one without AWD or a manual transmission. I can go anywhere with my dog and a bunch of crap regardless of the weather/terrain.

I have to say I still don't trust a Tundra Diesel to be enough truck. when we had the farm we had a Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4 Powerstroke blah blah. awesomest truck ever. Can't wait to have another. Don't get a dually if you don't need it - can't go through drive thrus!

High School, 4 years undergrad, 1st year of pharm school: 1988 Toyota Corolla AWD station wagon
2nd year pharmacy school to date: 2006 Honda Element

There is nothing you cannot cram into a station wagon and there is no point in having one without AWD or a manual transmission. I can go anywhere with my dog and a bunch of crap regardless of the weather/terrain.

Yeah..but Element is a large box...:smuggrin: btw...I bought one over the weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to say I still don't trust a Tundra Diesel to be enough truck. when we had the farm we had a Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4 Powerstroke blah blah. awesomest truck ever. Can't wait to have another. Don't get a dually if you don't need it - can't go through drive thrus!

But powerstroke is too loud... though it's improved a bit.

I say Cummins is the way to go. It's too bad Ford doesn't put Cummins along with Allison tranny...

It's so messed up..chevy has the duramax built by Isuzu and Allison tranny.

Then Dodge has the Cummins.. with chitty tranny and Ford has the powerstroke..with chitty tranny.

Toyota Diesel will rock!

And my best buddy had a Ford 350 powerstroke long bed dually. It was aight.

Since both my teams lost over the weekend... USC and A&M, there was no other way to overcome my acute depression than to spend money. So I went out and bought this ugly burnt orange vehicle... for a dinghy.

elementtl8.jpg

Since both my teams lost over the weekend... USC and A&M, there was no other way to overcome my acute depression than to spend money. So I went out and bought this ugly burnt orange vehicle... for a dinghy.

elementtl8.jpg

you went for my car's "poor cousin" - with the black plastic trim.

I have to say that while I'm moving the Element has been a lifesaver. I can a ridiculous amount of stuff in there for each load. The gas milage is the only issue (about 20 in the city, 25 highway, but I have the AWD) but other than that I've been pretty pleased with it.

you went for my car's "poor cousin" - with the black plastic trim.

I have to say that while I'm moving the Element has been a lifesaver. I can a ridiculous amount of stuff in there for each load. The gas milage is the only issue (about 20 in the city, 25 highway, but I have the AWD) but other than that I've been pretty pleased with it.

Cuz I'm po...

actually it's a 2005 EX... not a new SC ..

I will be modifying it to be pulled behind our motorhome. It's light..spacious..and should be durable. It will get dirty and it'll spend a lot of time staring at the rear of our RV..:p Then it'll get loaded with fishing tackles...and bicycles.. Fun Fun!!

Cuz I'm po...

actually it's a 2005 EX... not a new SC ..

I will be modifying it to be pulled behind our motorhome. It's light..spacious..and should be durable. It will get dirty and it'll spend a lot of time staring at the rear of our RV..:p Then it'll get loaded with fishing tackles...and bicycles.. Fun Fun!!

Mine is an 06 LX (?) I think... it's whatever the "top of the line" was - I love how utilitarian it is. I don't care if it gets dirty or the dogs are muddy. I bet it tows pretty well - I had fewer issues with wind resistance when I drove to MD and back this summer than I thought. They can go 95 if you ever care to try...

Yeah..but Element is a large box...:smuggrin: btw...I bought one over the weekend.

I used to think you were okay until you said that. Seriously? That is the ugliest car ever.

elementtl8.jpg
nice texas colors....you must be a real whorns fan now

So when I was at the store a few minutes ago, I catch some old lady squeezing her basket between my CRX and her Altima. I don't say anything the first time she bumps my car with her basket. I gave her a mean look the second time she hits it. The third time, I say, "Could stop hitting my car with your basket?" She responds, "You come try to do this." I say, "just watch what you're doing. You keep hitting my car."
So she responds to my friend by saying: "Jesus Christ, is she always like this?" My friend doesn't say anything...
Next, she hits me with the basket. I say, "Now you just hit me with your basket."
She says to me, "You're the rudest young lady I've ever met."
I tell her, "I just don't like it when people mess with my ****."
Finally she gets her basket out from between our cars and storms off.

Here's the deal: Being 60+ years old doesn't mean that you can get away with stuff. I'm not giving you a get-out-of-jail-free card or a senior citizen freebie. Blind people don't drive, because they can't see. If you can't maneuver a shopping cart, you shouldn't drive a car!
I should have told her, Jesus Christ, if you scratch my 1988 vehicle, it'll rust (I'm lucky there's still paint on it).

I used to think you were okay until you said that. Seriously? That is the ugliest car ever.

I bet to differ ma'am.. I'm still okay.. and Scion xB is the ugliest ever..

nice texas colors....you must be a real whorns fan now

Not really. The deal fell through on the Orange ... I ended up with a Silver one..

So when I was at the store a few minutes ago, I catch some old lady squeezing her basket between my CRX and her Altima. I don't say anything the first time she bumps my car with her basket. I gave her a mean look the second time she hits it. The third time, I say, "Could stop hitting my car with your basket?" She responds, "You come try to do this." I say, "just watch what you're doing. You keep hitting my car."
So she responds to my friend by saying: "Jesus Christ, is she always like this?" My friend doesn't say anything...
Next, she hits me with the basket. I say, "Now you just hit me with your basket."
She says to me, "You're the rudest young lady I've ever met."
I tell her, "I just don't like it when people mess with my ****."
Finally she gets her basket out from between our cars and storms off.

Here's the deal: Being 60+ years old doesn't mean that you can get away with stuff. I'm not giving you a get-out-of-jail-free card or a senior citizen freebie. Blind people don't drive, because they can't see. If you can't maneuver a shopping cart, you shouldn't drive a car!
I should have told her, Jesus Christ, if you scratch my 1988 vehicle, it'll rust (I'm lucky there's still paint on it).

I would've beat her hubby or bf's arse..

Not really. The deal fell through on the Orange ... I ended up with a Silver one..

mine is silver, it works nicely on the element.

you should check out the element ownersforums. I've never posted but perused some little stuff - there are some crazy mofo's out there!

I bet to differ ma'am.. I'm still okay.. and Scion xB is the ugliest ever..

That's just the slightly larger version of the Scion Box with ugly two tone plastic crap all over the undercarriage.

I'm just going to get a freakin' 2-3 year old Yukon, Excursion, or Explorer XLT. Of course I actually NEED a truck because I live in the freakin' mountains. You weird ass flatland in warm weather SUV drivers....I swear, I'll never understand why anybody would drive one of those ugly things if they didn't have to. If I'm in TX or the desert plains, I'm rolling around in a freakin' Audi TT or something.

That's just the slightly larger version of the Scion Box with ugly two tone plastic crap all over the undercarriage.

I'm just going to get a freakin' 2-3 year old Yukon, Excursion, or Explorer XLT. Of course I actually NEED a truck because I live in the freakin' mountains. You weird ass flatland in warm weather SUV drivers....I swear, I'll never understand why anybody would drive one of those ugly things if they didn't have to. If I'm in TX or the desert plains, I'm rolling around in a freakin' Audi TT or something.

my registration says my Element is a station wagon, thankyouverymuch.

I was very against a SUV - but I couldn't afford any of the AWD wagons out there. the station wagon is the perfect vehicle!

my registration says my Element is a station wagon, thankyouverymuch.

I was very against a SUV - but I couldn't afford any of the AWD wagons out there. the station wagon is the perfect vehicle!
you're kidding!? The Element is an SUV by my standards...

you're kidding!? The Element is an SUV by my standards...

I'm in denial that I may have purchased a SUV. I refer to it as a "big boned" station wagon. But the state of NM declares it a SW, so that it be.

It really doesn't have enough clearance to be a serious off-road vehicle. But I can drive over curbs all I want to park in the dirt at school :love:

I had an AWD SW before and that's what I wanted again. but the only ones on the market right now are subarus and volvos and well, you know I can't afford that!

I'm in denial that I may have purchased a SUV. I refer to it as a "big boned" station wagon. But the state of NM declares it a SW, so that it be.

It really doesn't have enough clearance to be a serious off-road vehicle. But I can drive over curbs all I want to park in the dirt at school :love:

I had an AWD SW before and that's what I wanted again. but the only ones on the market right now are subarus and volvos and well, you know I can't afford that!
I want to get myself one of those Iraqi Toyota Pickup trucks...

I had a Tahoe/Yukon...the biggest POS I've ever owned. I emailed GM and told them I would never ever in my life own another GM product. They thanked me for an input.

If you're in TX and driving around in Audi TT...either you'll fit in just fine with those of alternative lifestyle group... or some cowboys will just beat you up silly.

I want to get myself one of those Iraqi Toyota Pickup trucks...

Everywhere else in the world, pickup trucks have small to medium diesel engines...I would like one.

When traveling through Maine and Vermont...all I see are Subis... they're cute. You'll be able to afford one soon enough.

But my Element is completely ready to be Dinghy towed. I'm so happy.:laugh:

If you're in TX and driving around in Audi TT...either you'll fit in just fine with those of alternative lifestyle group... or some cowboys will just beat you up silly.

Awwww...you're a homophobic Texan...how quaint. And whose afraid of cowboys? Will they try to strangle me with their bolo ties?

Awwww...you're a homophobic Texan...how quaint. And whose afraid of cowboys? Will they try to strangle me with their bolo ties?

No..not a homophobe at all...I just happen to believe some cars are meant to be driven by girls..

So would that be ALL roadsters? I'd agree about maybe a Miata...but the TT, Porsche Boxster, BMW Z4....I'd drive it.

All roadsters??? Hush young man. Shelby Cobra is a roadster. Miata can be driven by men. It's a niche car..a lot of racing enthusiasts drive it.

Here are girl cars.

VW Beetle
Audi TT

That's all I can think of at this time.

All roadsters??? Hush young man. Shelby Cobra is a roadster. Miata can be driven by men. It's a niche car..a lot of racing enthusiasts drive it.

Here are girl cars.

VW Beetle
Audi TT

That's all I can think of at this time.

The TT but NOT the Miata? Dude, get off the crack.

I test drove a TT a few weeks ago...it was nice. But I didn't think it was that girly. If anything I think guys in Z4's look like they're compensating for something...

Compensation..

fordaq6.jpg

girlfriend just got Audi A3 awd. I really liked the rs4. they had a really nice blue TTS.

at the dealership they just got a R8, listed for $189K.
funny thing was, that wasn't even the most expensive car they had...
I believe it was a 2008 orange Ferrari (sorry, don't know models) for $299k, which happened to be sold.

My 2nd car. 2002 GMC Envoy.

My first was a 1996 Honda Civic.

I really want the Mercedes hard top convertible but for some reason my mom won't buy it for me. LOL. life will be hard when i'm on my own...

My 2nd car. 2002 GMC Envoy.

My first was a 1996 Honda Civic.

I really want the Mercedes hard top convertible but for some reason my mom won't buy it for me. LOL. life will be hard when i'm on my own...

Maybe your mom will buy it for me!!!! :thumbup: