**Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted at 1:00.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Stats of those accepted?

I haven't heard anything - no emails, no portal changes (still says invited for interview). I know it's only the first day, but my stomach is definitely in knots.

Reactions: 2 users
Stats of those accepted?

I haven't heard anything - no emails, no portal changes (still says invited for interview). I know it's only the first day, but my stomach is definitely in knots.
24/24

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted around 1:00am last night! Beyond excited! Congrats to everyone who heard back as well.

If we haven't heard anything, is that essentially like being waitlisted? My stats are AA 23 (no section below 20), TS 22, sGPA 3.70, GPA 3.64.

I had a lower GPA from community college that hurt my cumulative GPA, but I had serious upward trends after going to a 4 year university (graduated first in my major). I only applied to 6 schools due to money limitations, and I had 2 interviews, so the pressure is on. I'm hoping that not casting quite as wide a net wasn't taken as me not being serious about this career path... My app was submitted in July, but I didn't take my DAT until late August, so maybe lateness hurt me more than I anticipated. I felt fine about my interview days.

Anyway, a HUGE CONGRATS to those who have gotten in!!! Rest easy tonight, and hopefully the list of acceptances will expand sooner rather than later and we will all be future classmates :)

Last edited:
If we haven't heard anything, is that essentially like being waitlisted? My stats are AA 23 (no section below 20), TS 22, sGPA 3.70, GPA 3.64.

I had a lower GPA from community college that hurt my cumulative GPA, but I had serious upward trends after going to a 4 year university (graduated first in my major). I only applied to 6 schools due to money limitations, and I had 2 interviews, so the pressure is on. I'm hoping that not casting quite as wide a net wasn't taken as me not being serious about this career path... My app was submitted in July, but I didn't take my DAT until August 17, so maybe lateness hurt me more than I anticipated. I felt find about my interview days.

Anyway, a HUGE CONGRATS to those who have gotten in!!! Rest easy tonight, and hopefully the list of acceptances will expand sooner rather than later and we will all be future classmates :)

I wouldn't assume you're waitlisted yet, until you hear back I wouldn't start making assumptions! Also, if I remember correctly they told the interviewees the day I was there that they do two waves of acceptances. About half on December 1st and half early February.

Last edited:

I had a lower GPA from community college that hurt my cumulative GPA, but I had serious upward trends after going to a 4 year university (graduated first in my major). I only applied to 6 schools due to money limitations, and I had 2 interviews, so the pressure is on. I'm hoping that not casting quite as wide a net wasn't taken as me not being serious about this career path... My app was submitted in July, but I didn't take my DAT until August 17, so maybe lateness hurt me more than I anticipated. I felt fine about my interview days.

I guess that if we didn't get an email by this point, I would assume we're waitlisted. It's been silence on my end.:(

I wouldn't assume you're waitlisted yet, until you hear back I wouldn't stat making assumptions! Also, if I remember correctly they told the interviewees the day I was there that they do two waves of acceptances. About half on December 1st and half early February.
Oh man, don't expect more news till February? That's rough, but I guess there's nothing that can be done about it.

Is anybody else for sure going? I’m so excited!

I went through it last year. If you don’t hear on December 1st, it in all likelihood means that you are not accepted, not rejected, but are still in the running for a spot. VCU doesn’t really form a waitlist until after their post December interviews. Post December acceptances, waitlists, and rejections will come sometime in February-early March

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got the email saying no decision was made for me and my app is still under review. At least it's not a rejection but I wanted some happy news today

Stats of those accepted?

In at 1:30 AM. 3.6 ogpa/3.4 sgpa and 22/22 DAT
I have several other acceptances however and will be declining my seat. Good luck to everyone else!

I just the email saying how they will not fill their class and that they will be offering more interviews and I haven’t interviewed there. I actually hadn’t had any contact from them at all

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted VCU's offer! :))) hope to see you guys there!

Got accepted! See you there in the fall.

Paid my deposit! So excited to meet all of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all. I accepted the offer today!!
I was interviewed Friday, Oct 20, 2017. Anyone in here who was interviewed the same day?

Stats of those accepted?

25/26

Don’t worry yet! All of my friends (all competitive applicants) that applied last year got their acceptances in February. Good luck!!

Anyone know if any Facebook group has been/will be created for us?

Did anyone else receive a email saying that their app will still continue being considered? I'm OOS and applied in June, didn't interview here, but received such an email yesterday.

Yeah I did but I got an interview

I don’t think so but we should make one so that people can find roommates and stuff! Anybody know of good places to live close to campus?

Freed up some space for those waiting, just declined my offer! OOS. Good luck everyone!

Anyone who interviewed, did they go over financials ? I’ve been searching for a pdf or anything that lays out all tuition and fees (that calculator on the website is confusing :shrug: )

I’m OOS and got accepted btw!

Freeing up another OOS spot - declined my offer for financial reasons. Good luck guys!!

Anyone who interviewed, did they go over financials ? I’ve been searching for a pdf or anything that lays out all tuition and fees (that calculator on the website is confusing :shrug: )

I’m OOS and got accepted btw!

This video is on their financial aid website and outlines everything!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else receive a email saying that their app will still continue being considered? I'm OOS and applied in June, didn't interview here, but received such an email yesterday.
yea I did.

Okay I just realized this is a link to just Facebook :bang: buuuut there is a Facebook page for the class of 2022! Just look up VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2022 on Facebook!! (My phone won’t let me post a link for some reason)
Just joined! Now the fun of figuring out who everyone is

Just turned down my seat here. I really did like this school but I think I need to stay closer to home and the fact OOS people can never get IS tuition was the reason I ultimately turned it down.

Best of luck to everyone that ends up going here. This is great school and both my dentists went here and are the most upstanding people i have ever met. you're in good hands

also it would have been cool if they gave us one month like EVERY OTHER DENTAL SCHOOL does.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just turned down my seat here. I really did like this school but I think I need to stay closer to home and the fact OOS people can never get IS tuition was the reason I ultimately turned it down.

Best of luck to everyone that ends up going here. This is great school and both my dentists went here and are the most upstanding people i have ever met. you're in good hands

also it would have been cool if they gave us one month like EVERY OTHER DENTAL SCHOOL does.

Where are you going instead?

Where are you going instead?
unsure yet. I was also accepted to BU, CWRU, and Tufts and interviewed at a few others i still need to hear from. I have a house in boston so i can go to tufts or BU rent free, which in the end is cheaper than going to VCU OOS. kinda wishing VCU gave me more time to think.

unsure yet. I was also accepted to BU, CWRU, and Tufts and interviewed at a few others i still need to hear from. I have a house in boston so i can go to tufts or BU rent free, which in the end is cheaper than going to VCU OOS. kinda wishing VCU gave me more time to think.
Lol how much time does VCU give you after acceptance to either accept or reject the offer?
Okay I just realized this is a link to just Facebook :bang: buuuut there is a Facebook page for the class of 2022! Just look up VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2022 on Facebook!! (My phone won’t let me post a link for some reason)
This link actually works, it only appears that way because it's making you log in first, after you login it redirects you to the group page :)

Lol how much time does VCU give you after acceptance to either accept or reject the offer?

This link actually works, it only appears that way because it's making you log in first, after you login it redirects you to the group page :)

Ah thank you!

I got an email about possible interview invites, and I haven't gotten an interview yet

Did VCU send out rejections yet? I didn't interview here yet so I assumed it would be a rejection but I never got an email.

I declined my offer.

Hopefully, one of you guys will get my spot.

Good luck my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.