**Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the format for the interview for this year? I've heard in the past that they had a writing section. but I'm not sure what the format is now and what to expect.
2 on 1 faculty interview, no writing sample required

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
2 on 1 faculty interview, no writing sample required
How long is the interview? I know the day before the interview is almost a full day but the day of the actual interview is how long?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also interviewing 14th & 15th! :)

For those of you that interviewed on the 14th and 15th, could you please provide us some insight on how the interview went please? I'm interviewing the 28-29. Any advice/tips/suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you so much! And hope all your interviews went well :)

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you that interviewed on the 14th and 15th, could you please provide us some insight on how the interview went please? I'm interviewing the 28-29. Any advice/tips/suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you so much! And hope all your interviews went well :)
I'm interviewing then too, guess we'll be running into each other!

Members don't see this ad :)
any chance of acceptance with a 3.50 and 19 DAT. Have shadowing hours, work hours, volunteer hours. Reside in PA

any chance of acceptance with a 3.50 and 19 DAT. Have shadowing hours, work hours, volunteer hours. Reside in PA

Yeah, you've got a chance. Have you had an interview?

Yeah, you've got a chance. Have you had an interview?
Not yet. Have been patiently waiting. I submitted my app 7-28 and my supp 8-2. Haven't heard anything back though. Not sure how long it takes schools to get back to the applicant.

DAT and GPA are below average, but not too far out. You definitely have a chance, especially if you have experience in the workforce. Be a little patient, you should probably hear back from schools soon

Got my invite! Does anyone know how long the first day is? It says to be there at 3 and I think it mentioned we would be eating with them? What is the first day about?

Got my invite! Does anyone know how long the first day is? It says to be there at 3 and I think it mentioned we would be eating with them? What is the first day about?
The first day consists of the tour/dentsim activity and concludes with dinner. Your day ends around 7-7:30pm. The next day is just your interview.

The first day consists of the tour/dentsim activity and concludes with dinner. Your day ends around 7-7:30pm. The next day is just your interview.
IS the attire still business , coat and tie for Thursday? I know I will wear a suit for the Interview Friday but was wondering exactly what they want us to wear Thursday.

IS the attire still business , coat and tie for Thursday? I know I will wear a suit for the Interview Friday but was wondering exactly what they want us to wear Thursday.
Everyone wore business formal attire during the first day at mine

So I JUST got an email from VCU (8:30am on September 25th) to come in THIS Friday, Sept 29 at 9:30am, for an interview!! I am SOOOO incredibly happy, however I have an interview at another school in Florida the day before, and have already booked roundtrip flights from Alabama (where I live) to come back Friday morning!! The fact that they've invited me on such short notice, I know they're just trying to squeeze me in. Should I just email them saying I'm committed elsewhere out of state on Friday and is it possible to reschedule? Logistically I just cannot make it, as much as I would like to...advice please?!

So I JUST got an email from VCU (8:30am on September 25th) to come in THIS Friday, Sept 29 at 9:30am, for an interview!! I am SOOOO incredibly happy, however I have an interview at another school in Florida the day before, and have already booked roundtrip flights from Alabama (where I live) to come back Friday morning!! The fact that they've invited me on such short notice, I know they're just trying to squeeze me in. Should I just email them saying I'm committed elsewhere out of state on Friday and is it possible to reschedule? Logistically I just cannot make it, as much as I would like to...advice please?!

You can but since they’re just trying to fill you in, the next interview you have could be much later, possibly even post-December

You can but since they’re just trying to fill you in, the next interview you have could be much later, possibly even post-December
That's what I'm thinking. I'm just gonna have to re-route my flights, I definitely don't want to pass this up!

That's what I'm thinking. I'm just gonna have to re-route my flights, I definitely don't want to pass this up!
VCU is 2 days, Thursday you meet for several hours then Friday is the interview. I’m heading up there for my interview. But have to be there Thursday at 3 to about 7-730, then back Friday for interview at 1130

VCU is 2 days, Thursday you meet for several hours then Friday is the interview. I’m heading up there for my interview. But have to be there Thursday at 3 to about 7-730, then back Friday for interview at 1130
Yeah, I got so excited about the email I missed that part lol. But I called them and they said they can reschedule me for October. I am SO glad it's still a pre-December date though. Good luck everyone!

Yeah, I got so excited about the email I missed that part lol. But I called them and they said they can reschedule me for October. I am SO glad it's still a pre-December date though. Good luck everyone!
Glad it worked out for you. I have my interview with Nova the end of Nov. I pushed it late to get these others in. Will see how this all works out. Off to VCU Wednesday. Good Luck.

Enjoyed my time at VCU, was really impressed with everyone . The 2 days are pretty relaxed , talked about the school and us. The next day was the interview and it ran around 35-40 minutes. No hard questions, we Just talked. It was more like a causal conversation. Asked me where else I’ve applied.

I have my interview October 14th, anybody else interviewing on this day?

Hello, I have applied for the School of Pharmacy of VCU, and just had my interview on Saturday.
How long does it take to hear back from them? and what email should I be expecting?

Hello, I have applied for the School of Pharmacy of VCU, and just had my interview on Saturday.
How long does it take to hear back from them? and what email should I be expecting?

This is a pre dental forum

got my invite for 11/3. Any advices for interview or what to expect? its my first interview so i'm REALLY nervous already...

got my invite for 11/3. Any advices for interview or what to expect? its my first interview so i'm REALLY nervous already...

Be yourself, stay relaxed, be honest, and show off why you’re a unique individual.

It’s a 2 on 1 open file interview.

I interviewed there a couple weeks ago. My advice is to go and enjoy yourself. There's nothing at all to be nervous about. You'll be divided into groups of a few other invterviewies, and everybody in my group really enjoyed each other. The staff is really nice too, they won't give you any threatening looks at all.

Reactions: 2 users
It was a great interview. Everyone very nice and a relax interview, perfect for your first one. No one grills you , no hard crazy questions, just a conversation. I liked this a lot .

Reactions: 4 users
It was a great interview. Everyone very nice and a relax interview, perfect for your first one. No one grills you , no hard crazy questions, just a conversation. I liked this a lot .
Other than "why dentistry or why vcu?" what other questions did they ask you if you don't mind me asking? Thanks in advance!

Sooo suit and tie both days? I only have one suit, do I have to buy another?

Wear one suit and change the collared shirt and tie. Wear a suit for both days.

Have an interview coming up here, anyone recommend any nice hotels that are close to the school? I heard the schools not exactly in the best area, anyone know somewhere safe?

The school is in a fine area. I liked staying at the Quirk hotel when I interviewed, but the Marriot and the Hilton are closer to school. These hotels are right next to where I live and an easy 10-15 minute walk to the school.

Have an interview coming up here, anyone recommend any nice hotels that are close to the school? I heard the schools not exactly in the best area, anyone know somewhere safe?
The school gave me a list of hotels, then ask for the VCU discount. I googled hotels near the school. The area is fine. Glad i asked for the discount , made a big difference, LOL.

For Thursday schedule, do we get to interact with faculties who might interview us the following day? Should I come up with questions to ask them during Thursday dinner?

For Thursday schedule, do we get to interact with faculties who might interview us the following day? Should I come up with questions to ask them during Thursday dinner?
You might see them on Thursday but you spend a majority of Thursday with a d3/d4. The dinner is an “interview” with 5 other interviewees and 2 d4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.