**Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the same email and almost had a heart attack because I thought I was waitlisted haha
SAME. I read it like three times to make sure haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us. We appreciate your patience as the Admissions Committee continues to consider candidates for the Class of 2022. Your application is under review and no decision has been made yet regarding your acceptance to our school. More definitive updates will be available in the next couple weeks. Is this the email you got?
YES! the exact same one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who has been officially rejected WITHOUT an interview? Or are they just waiting until they finish their final decisions and reject all of those?
My guess is that they will reject all those after these decisions are made. They said they still might possibly give more interviews out if need be. People have been saying the committee is meeting this week and could possibly start sending out stuff this weekend.

Have you been interviewed or already accepted to Vcu?

Already accepted, I was looking at the calendar to see the schedule for the next year and I saw that there was a meeting this Friday so I decided to post it

Already accepted, I was looking at the calendar to see the schedule for the next year and I saw that there was a meeting this Friday so I decided to post it
Oh well thats really nice of you. Most ppl wouldnt do that or I'd say be as considerate. Would you happen to know how many more spots are left in the class, that they need to fill up?

Oh well thats really nice of you. Most ppl wouldnt do that or I'd say be as considerate. Would you happen to know how many more spots are left in the class, that they need to fill up?

I don’t, unfortunately. But the Facebook group has around 70 people on it and some of them are upperclassmen

Hey there. Quick update. The last admissions meeting was today (I just got home from it), and there were still many spots to be filled in the class. I'm not sure when they will send out e-mails, but i'm sure it will be soon. If you don't get good news, don't panic. As people accept or reject their offers, more people will be offered. Every year a handful of positions are given out throughout the spring. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there. Quick update. The last admissions meeting was today (I just got home from it), and there were still many spots to be filled in the class. I'm not sure when they will send out e-mails, but i'm sure it will be soon. If you don't get good news, don't panic. As people accept or reject their offers, more people will be offered. Every year a handful of positions are given out throughout the spring. Good luck everyone!

Do you know if they’re willing to do more interviews then? Or they’re basing it off of the recent round of interviews they just had?

Are you on the committee? I’ve already been accepted so I'm just curious lol

Got an email this morning that I was put on the alternate list (waitlist).

Better than nothing, but definitely a little disheartening

Last edited:
Interviewed 1/19 and accepted this morning at 7:30am! OOS

I may or may not be on the committee... if you received an alternate, that means if anyone declines their spot (Some applicants have already put deposits down elsewhere) you’ll be offered. I have no idea how long the list is. Like I said, if you’re out of state your odds increase. I don’t have any idea how the D.5 thing works, but I do know it’s very helpful in having a high class rank if you’re looking to specialize

Accepted today. Interviewed in September. Declining offer barring large scholarship.

What are the odds for in-state students who are wait listed?

Got flat-out rejected last night. I'm so disappointed this was my top choice.
In-state cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.7
DAT= AA 23 / TS 24 / RC 22 / QR 21 / PAT 25
2500+ hrs as dental assistant
Interviewed 1/19 ... Perhaps I botched my interview? I thought it went reasonably well before (although I was visibly a little nervous I'm sure) but in light of this --to not even get on the alternate list-- now I'm questioning everything especially my self-awareness!

will you be attending??
I really liked VCU and I have a tough decision to make! At this point in time it seems like yes, but I am still waiting to hear back from my instate school where I interviewed on 2/7.

Got flat-out rejected last night. I'm so disappointed this was my top choice.
In-state cGPA 3.3, sGPA 3.7
DAT= AA 23 / TS 24 / RC 22 / QR 21 / PAT 25
2500+ hrs as dental assistant
Interviewed 1/19 ... Perhaps I botched my interview? I thought it went reasonably well before (although I was visibly a little nervous I'm sure) but in light of this --to not even get on the alternate list-- now I'm questioning everything especially my self-awareness!
There's nothing wrong with you, it's the school, each school is looking for specific types of people to fill their class and there's no way of predicting what that type of person is (especially because it will be relative to all the other interviewees and applicants) so all you can really do is be yourself. I hope you get in somewhere! I also got rejected from my top choice so I know how it feels. I am thankful I had the foresight to apply broadly and was able to get accepted into a program--all that matters is that you will be a dentist!

oh what monday?? that's so fast. it said march 1st on vcu dental website

Just got an email saying I’m on Alternate list ! One step closer, but does anyone know how good my chances are now?

Just got an email saying I’m on Alternate list ! One step closer, but does anyone know how good my chances are now?
seems like handful of applicants are on the Alternate list. I'm assuming the chances are slim

Reactions: 1 user
I read somewhere on vcus 2020 page or 2021 interview page on sdn that there are 10 ppl tops put on the alternate list. But idk if that is the case for this cycle
Ok, they made it seem that there were not a lot of people on it. Not sure how it worked in the past.

At least you know two of you will get offered. I know one person turning down their offer and I did this morning so good luck!!

Reactions: 3 users
10 people only are placed on alternate list??? Lets do this guys!! Goodluck!

I know this is a stupid question, but is the alternate list different from the waitlist? Like the people who didn't get accepted in December are in the alternate list?

I know this is a stupid question, but is the alternate list different from the waitlist? Like the people who didn't get accepted in December are in the alternate list?
I believe they're the same thing. Were you put on the alternative list on dec 1st? I'd assume they gave those who were waitlisted a chance to accept/decline

I believe they're the same thing. Were you put on the alternative list on dec 1st? I'd assume they gave those who were waitlisted a chance to accept/decline
I was put on the alternate list yesterday. What about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.