**Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wear one suit and change the collared shirt and tie. Wear a suit for both days.
Pardon my ignorance, but why bring two ties? Why not wear the same shirt and tie both days?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews?

Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews?

For pre-December im not sure. The school sometimes sends interview invites on very short notice (7-10 days) so it’s definitely possibly to get a November interview. I wouldn’t bank on it though

VCU still interviews plenty in post-december

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email reminding me to apply to this school. is it still worth it to apply last minute to this school?

I just got an email reminding me to apply to this school. is it still worth it to apply last minute to this school?
Saw that too, I called the other day and they assured me that they leave a good number of spots open post Dec 1 for later interviews. I don't have the extra money at the moment or I would go ahead and apply. With that being said, my stats aren't gonna change from now until Dec 1 so if I'm not accepted where I've interviewed at then, I figure I'll statistically (if I apply Dec 2) have the same chance of getting an interview at vcu as I would if I applied today.

The flip side of that is that they could look at it like "oh you didn't get accepted at so and so school so nowww you want to apply here" lol. Idk just my 2 cents bro, take it with a grain of salt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Saw that too, I called the other day and they assured me that they leave a good number of spots open post Dec 1 for later interviews. I don't have the extra money at the moment or I would go ahead and apply. With that being said, my stats aren't gonna change from now until Dec 1 so if I'm not accepted where I've interviewed at then, I figure I'll statistically (if I apply Dec 2) have the same chance of getting an interview at vcu as I would if I applied today.

The flip side of that is that they could look at it like "oh you didn't get accepted at so and so school so nowww you want to apply here" lol. Idk just my 2 cents bro, take it with a grain of salt.

Im in same boat lol. ill go ahead and apply to this school Dec 2nd( if i have to). I do wonder if the extra spots available are commonly filled by in state or out of state students.

Im in same boat lol. ill go ahead and apply to this school Dec 2nd( if i have to). I do wonder if the extra spots available are commonly filled by in state or out of state students.
Hope neither one of us has to lol. But that's a good question, I'm sure someone will see it and answer soon...

Just got an interview invite email yesterday morning! Super pumped since this is my top choice (I'm in-state)

I think they might be basically done with most interview invites before the new year, since mine isn't until 1/18-1/19.

Last edited:
For people who have interviewed, any of you know how we are going to be notified of the decision on December 1st? seems like for last year, they received emails if they got accepted around 12:02AM...

Reactions: 1 users
For people who have interviewed, any of you know how we are going to be notified of the decision on December 1st? seems like for last year, they received emails if they got accepted around 12:02AM...

Someone I know who applied last year got their email only a few minutes after midnight as well, so I'm hoping this year will be the same. I do not want to live in a state of perpetual anticipation/anxiety for the next few weeks. :scared:

Reactions: 2 users
im waiting for the email... let us know if any of you get an acceptance email

Reactions: 2 users
anybody get any email yet?? my left eye is twitching from stress

Got the acceptance email! 12:05am

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Yes, from VCU! This is the "from" email address:

"Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry (VCU)" <[email protected]>

Got an acceptance email at 12:06!

Accepted! 1:00

Congrats to those that got in already! For those that didn't, I would at least sleep and check again in the morning. The class before me got their acceptances around 5-6 am and some got the acceptance via phone call. Also I interviewed in August but wasn't accepted until February so don't be sad :/

Got in!!!!! 1:00 am!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just received a rejection (2:30 am), but at least I was accepted elsewhere. Good luck, guys!

Accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.