**Official Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this hep B thing about? We need to submit our immunization records as part of the supplemental??

Yes, you need either evidence of your hep b immunizations or a letter explaining why you don't have them.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you need either evidence of your hep b immunizations or a letter explaining why you don't have them.

Sorry, when do we submit that? They sent me an email to pay the fee but I didn't see any info asking me to send my immunizations.

Sorry, when do we submit that? They sent me an email to pay the fee but I didn't see any info asking me to send my immunizations.

It's in the Interview invitation, not with the supplemental fee. If you haven't been invited yet they haven't requested that from you yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I know the attire for the interview on Friday the 18th is business professional but does anybody know the attire for Thursday's event? In the email it says it's tours and getting to chat with some current students and a DentSim activity.

I called VCU yesterday and they said that both days are business professional/interview attire!

Reactions: 4 users
for those who have gotten an interview, Did your portal say that It was received/under review? mine just says received/application complete but I got an email saying that it was complete and they would begin reviewing it.

Reactions: 1 user
for those who have gotten an interview, Did your portal say that It was received/under review? mine just says received/application complete but I got an email saying that it was complete and they would begin reviewing it.

Mine went straight from received/application complete to invited for interview. It was never received/under review on the portal

Does VCU have specific shadowing requirements??

Does VCU have specific shadowing requirements??

Yes. They want 100-150 hours of shadowing with a general dentist. Anything else (specialty shadowing) is a bonus. When I applied, I decided to play it safe and did 160 general dentist shadowing hours

Yes. They want 100-150 hours of shadowing with a general dentist. Anything else (specialty shadowing) is a bonus. When I applied, I decided to play it safe and did 160 general dentist shadowing hours

Ouch, how did I miss that? I only have 55 hours. Let's see if good stats can make up for that.

Did anybody with an interview invite get the email about hotel and transportation yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
If any girls with an interview date of 8/17-18 want to split a hotel feel free to message me!!

Does VCU give preference to nearby regional states for out of state students?

just got asked to interview!! ill be there on aug 25. I had a friend tell me that the interviews are first come, first serve? is that true y'all?? I'm OOS btw

Is everyone bringing samples or other proof of manual dexterity? I'm not sure what to bring..

just got asked to interview!! ill be there on aug 25. I had a friend tell me that the interviews are first come, first serve? is that true y'all?? I'm OOS btw
They do start making offers to interview earlier for people who had their apps completed earlier! Congrats on your interview :) that being said, do you mind me asking when did you submit your aadsas and receive the app complete email?

They do start making offers to interview earlier for people who had their apps completed earlier! Congrats on your interview :) that being said, do you mind me asking when did you submit your aadsas and receive the app complete email?
Submitted early June, and got the app complete email on 6/23

Is everyone bringing samples or other proof of manual dexterity? I'm not sure what to bring..
It depends what you mentioned on the dexterity part. I have some friends that have pictures of paints/ pottery they made. Just make sure to upload pictures of what you have made on your phone.

Hey guys i'm a current student at VCU. If you would like any information about the school or the interview process feel free to ask me anything or PM me and i'll drop you my number.

Reactions: 11 users
Did anybody get a confirmation email after submitting the supplemental?
Was the supplemental application you're referring to just on the AADSAS website? Or was there a seperate supplemental because I don't think I saw one (Unless they email you about the supplemental)

Was the supplemental application you're referring to just on the AADSAS website? Or was there a seperate supplemental because I don't think I saw one (Unless they email you about the supplemental)
The "supplemental" is given with your interview invite. Their are no written answers but it asks for vaccinations and a photo.

The "supplemental" is given with your interview invite. Their are no written answers but it asks for vaccinations and a photo.
Ok cool, thank you!!

I have a DAT score of 21 AA, 22 TS, 19 PAT and my oGPA is 3.78. Do you think I stand a chance? I am OOS.

Ok cool, thank you!!

I have a DAT score of 21 AA, 22 TS, 19 PAT and my oGPA is 3.78. Do you think I stand a chance? I am OOS.
Based on your stats alone, probably. But it also depends on when you submitted your app and your ECs

Ok cool, thank you!!

I think you have a very good shot at an interview there. I interviewed as OOS and they said 40% of students there are OOS.

It was a memorable experience and I really enjoyed it there. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users

It was one they send you with an interview invite.

Has VCU given out any interview this month at all... It seems VCU hasnt given out interviews in a long time.
Also is VCU planning on haveing amy more pre december interviews?

Has VCU given out any interview this month at all... It seems VCU hasnt given out interviews in a long time.
Also is VCU planning on haveing amy more pre december interviews?
They should be giving out some more in September

Interview # 1
School: VCU
Application Complete: 07/18
Notification date: 09/01
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
Interview Sept 14-15.

Reactions: 1 users
just got my first invite! Super excited! However, I need to reschedule because I have a family trip pre-planned for my date given. It is okay to reschedule and not frowned upon, right?

Also...can someone who has previously interviewed her provide some insight on what to expect and how the interview was? This is my first interview so I'm pretty nervous! Thanks in advance!

My second interview!
Residency, California.
DAT, 22AA, 21 science, 26 PAT.
GPA, around 3.8 both science and overall.

Last edited:
Just received an interview last night!! It says to fill out the supplemental.. is there something other than what was on the aadsas application? Also, should I buy a second suit for the first day's events??

Just received an interview last night!! It says to fill out the supplemental.. is there something other than what was on the aadsas application? Also, should I buy a second suit for the first day's events??
I would if I were you! What dates are ou interviewing?

Where are y'all getting your vaccine copy from?

Where are y'all getting your vaccine copy from?

I think I'm just going to call my primary doctor on tuesday (since they will be closed monday for labor day) and ask her if it's possible for them to fax a copy over to me. I'm not sure how it works, but we only have a week to submit that in the secondary!

Where is the secondary?! I can't find it

Hey all! I just received my invitation from VCU a couple days ago. My residency is Mississippi. I sent off my app mid July and took my DAT just a few weeks ago. As soon as my DAT was posted, VCU sent me invite for interview a couple days after (I believe they had my app on hold until my scores were in). I'll be interviewing Sept. 29.
DAT AA: 19, Overall Science: 19, Reading: 22, QR: 17, Bio: 21, PAT: 21, OC: 17, GC: 18
Overall GPA: 3.84
Overall Science GPA: 3.76

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the format for the interview for this year? I've heard in the past that they had a writing section. but I'm not sure what the format is now and what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.