***Official Roseman University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received the under review email. Anyone know how long it takes to get a decision after receiving this email?
I’m wondering that myself. I’ve been under review for almost a month.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m wondering that myself. I’ve been under review for almost a month.
For the most part I have seen people getting it quickly. My friend heard about within about a week. Not sure if that is a consistent thing or not because you have been under review for about a month now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I've been quite the lurker for a long time, but I had a question about this university's specialty placement percentage. Ive read some forum, Roseman, U Michigan, Tufts, or ASDOH,
it said that Roseman was absolutely terrible to go to if you wanted to specialize. But when talking to admission team at Roseman, they told me nearly all the people that apply for a specialty get in? Im just a bit confused. Hopefully someone get shed some light on this.

Hey guys, I've been quite the lurker for a long time, but I had a question about this university's specialty placement percentage. Ive read some forum, Roseman, U Michigan, Tufts, or ASDOH,
it said that Roseman was absolutely terrible to go to if you wanted to specialize. But when talking to admission team at Roseman, they told me nearly all the people that apply for a specialty get in? Im just a bit confused. Hopefully someone get shed some light on this.

I think it's always a bit misleading when schools say "everyone who applies to specialities has gotten in." For all we know, maybe only the highly competitive applicants applied to post-doc programs in the first place.

Just received the under review email. Anyone know how long it takes to get a decision after receiving this email?
I received that same email at the beginning of october, so its been about a month since.... Im not sure why its taking so long to arrive to a decision, especially since i KNOW that they are reviewing my file :unsure:
Unless its just me? I wonder if anyone who has received the "under review" email a while back got a response yet?

Reactions: 1 user
I received that same email at the beginning of october, so its been about a month since.... Im not sure why its taking so long to arrive to a decision, especially since i KNOW that they are reviewing my file :unsure:
Unless its just me? I wonder if anyone who has received the "under review" email a while back got a response yet?

My file has been under review since late August and nothing here yet

My file has been under review since late August and nothing here yet
oh wow, thanks for letting us all know. I guess it isnt looking too great for us then, cz apparently some have gotten invites within a week of the email. Anyways, still hoping for the best for all of us! :xf::xf:

oh wow, thanks for letting us all know. I guess it isnt looking too great for us then, cz apparently some have gotten invites within a week of the email. Anyways, still hoping for the best for all of us! :xf::xf:
I think if we were unwanted they would have rejected us by now, so I choose to believe they are waiting till after they see how many seats they have left and then we’ll get our invites.

I think if we were unwanted they would have rejected us by now, so I choose to believe they are waiting till after they see how many seats they have left and then we’ll get our invites.
For those without an interview? This is my third cycle, and apparently I'm interesting but I wasn't good enough my first two because most schools waited until March or later to send rejection letters. However, this is my first year applying to Roseman. Don't give up hope!! It's a unique school, and they have spring interviews so you have time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

Exactly! Remember that this school is newer so the have a longer interview cycle than most

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who had an interview: did anyone else interview with Dr. Burke Soffe?

Under review since 8/8.. I think its safe to say this school will be a rejection lol

Under review since 8/8.. I think its safe to say this school will be a rejection lol
I’ve been under review for a long time too. I’ve seen people say they received a rejection letter. I choose to think we’ll be on a wait list and get an interview next year.

I’ve been under review for a long time too. I’ve seen people say they received a rejection letter. I choose to think we’ll be on a wait list and get an interview next year.
It would be nice to get some sort of communication instead of having students wait around for 4-5 months without a clue of what their status is.

I was "under review" sept. 25th... and i was waitlisted last year here. I got my interview in feb of 2017, and they told us if we were waitlisted last cycle we would be among the first to get in for this coming cycle... i guess that isnt the case... lol im praying for another jan-feb interview.

There's a chance they're waiting until after Dec 1st to invite more for interviews. Don't give up hope!

i wont! getting an interview there would make me feel like KING of the world!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m a student at the schools. Feel free to ask questions. The faculty will be waiting until after the thanksgiving break for more invites.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyones status change from Invited for Interview? I interviewed a while back and the status still hasn't changed on AADSAS. On a side note, I love the school!!

Hey did everyone get the email about the updated curriculum?

Have not heard from them and did not get the email. Do you guys mind updating me on the updated curriculum?

"I have some exciting news to share. During my Interview Day presentation, I outlined the changes to the National Board Dental Examination that will affect matriculating students at all U.S. dental schools. I’m pleased to announce that the College of Dental Medicine has modified our curriculum to better prepare our students for the new integrated exam. I describe these curricular changes below and believe you will be as excited about this as I am!

Our modified curriculum emphasizes person-centered care with more case-based instruction involving both a simulated family of patients and actual patient care beginning in the D1 year.

First year Roseman students immediately integrate into the student clinics by joining teams of D2, D3, and D4 students to provide person-centered care. The role of the D1 student within this vertical team is to manage clinic systems that enhance the patient experience. Through this experiential learning model, the D1 student gains valuable experience managing a team and maintaining continual quality improvement as well as providing care to patients with their teams.

D1 students develop their skills to help their families of patients achieve and maintain health by working in the simulation clinic and in our new Center for Diagnosis and Treatment Planning. Students work in teams as they gather patient information, assess patient needs, diagnose and present treatment plans, and provide authentic clinical care.

Most notably, the biomedical science curriculum is now integrated with the clinical curriculum throughout the first three years with additional emphasis during the second year of dental school. This change has allowed us to give meaningful context to pathological conditions at a cellular level, as well as move this material closer to the timing of the new Integrated Board exam, which will be administered near the end of the D3 year.

These changes are based on the constructivist-learning model, which has been shown to deepen student understanding.

Please note that the success-oriented assessment model and other aspects of our approach to Mastery Learning continue as presented on your Interview Day."

"I have some exciting news to share. During my Interview Day presentation, I outlined the changes to the National Board Dental Examination that will affect matriculating students at all U.S. dental schools. I’m pleased to announce that the College of Dental Medicine has modified our curriculum to better prepare our students for the new integrated exam. I describe these curricular changes below and believe you will be as excited about this as I am!

Our modified curriculum emphasizes person-centered care with more case-based instruction involving both a simulated family of patients and actual patient care beginning in the D1 year.

First year Roseman students immediately integrate into the student clinics by joining teams of D2, D3, and D4 students to provide person-centered care. The role of the D1 student within this vertical team is to manage clinic systems that enhance the patient experience. Through this experiential learning model, the D1 student gains valuable experience managing a team and maintaining continual quality improvement as well as providing care to patients with their teams.

D1 students develop their skills to help their families of patients achieve and maintain health by working in the simulation clinic and in our new Center for Diagnosis and Treatment Planning. Students work in teams as they gather patient information, assess patient needs, diagnose and present treatment plans, and provide authentic clinical care.

Most notably, the biomedical science curriculum is now integrated with the clinical curriculum throughout the first three years with additional emphasis during the second year of dental school. This change has allowed us to give meaningful context to pathological conditions at a cellular level, as well as move this material closer to the timing of the new Integrated Board exam, which will be administered near the end of the D3 year.

These changes are based on the constructivist-learning model, which has been shown to deepen student understanding.

Please note that the success-oriented assessment model and other aspects of our approach to Mastery Learning continue as presented on your Interview Day."
Thanks for sharing! The change sounds awesome since I'm a do it kind of learner. Fingers crossed I hear from Roseman soon. Goodluck to you December first for all who interviewed!

ANYone know how many people they interview and how many acceptance offers they give?

ANYone know how many people they interview and how many acceptance offers they give?
In the interview invite, they said they interview about 1/6 of the applicants, which is about 360~70 out of about 2200 applicants. The class size is about 100 so I'm guessing they hand out 150~200 offers.

Roseman is one of the schools that didn't have the data for acceptances in the ADEA handbook so these are rough estimates.

Sent from my XT1575 using SDN mobile

Currently freaking out a bit because they asked for my current semester grades today... so I'm not a no yet? But maybe a yes?? My brain is too full!!!

Good luck everyone! It’s nearly time.:.

So if you get accepted you get a call, but what if you don’t, how do they contact you?

Accepted!!! Got a call ten minutes ago! Still shaking!

Reactions: 11 users
Omg congrats!! I’ve been following your journey and it’s very inspiring! Do you know how long will it take for them to call everyone?

Omg congrats!! I’ve been following your journey and it’s very inspiring! Do you know how long will it take for them to call everyone?
I’ve been following your journey as well. So happy for you! I guess you’ll be pulling the bottle out of the freezer today!

Status
Not open for further replies.