***Official Roseman University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too!

Members don't see this ad.

I got my interview offer! It is my third year applying to dental school and my first year applying to Roseman so I'm pretty excited and very nervous! Is anyone going to the interviews on October 13th? (Friday the 13th, of all days!)
How was your interview? Did you think it was more laid back or difficult?

I would have to say it was laid back. The whole day they work on you to get you to feel relaxed. They really want to change the way students see dental school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would have to say it was laid back. The whole day they work on you to get you to feel relaxed. They really want to change the way students see dental school.

Sounds great! How was your interviewer, did you get any difficult questions?

It was definitely more laid back, I actually enjoyed the entire day (even my interview!). I would say the best prep you can do is reread your personal statement and know why you've chosen dentistry. I was tired by the end of the day because it was longer, otherwise it is very relaxed.

It was definitely more laid back, I actually enjoyed the entire day (even my interview!). I would say the best prep you can do is reread your personal statement and know why you've chosen dentistry. I was tired by the end of the day because it was longer, otherwise it is very relaxed.
what time did you finish?

Do you think it is better to rent a car or request an uber from the airport?
I'm not sure if being under 25 would be an issue for car rentals

No idea. I guess it depends on if you want to deal with renting a car/parking, or just getting a ride. It might also depend on if you want to drive around and explore. Personally I’ve always just Uber on my interviews.

No idea. I guess it depends on if you want to deal with renting a car/parking, or just getting a ride. It might also depend on if you want to drive around and explore. Personally I’ve always just Uber on my interviews.
How long was your interview?

How long was your personal interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm over 25 so I rented, for me it was more cost effective (I got a killer rate).

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

Wow! I just now recieved the “under review” email after 3 months of waiting. I don’t even expect much from this school anymore at this point.

So its about $20 from the airport on uber. If some of you guys get together and want to share/split uber, I would definitely recommend it! I got a really good Uber that even took us on tour through the mountains. Message me if you want the info on the driver. It's pretty pricey for one person, but when its more, it becomes cheaper!

So its about $20 from the airport on uber. If some of you guys get together and want to share/split uber, I would definitely recommend it! I got a really good Uber that even took us on tour through the mountains. Message me if you want the info on the driver. It's pretty pricey for one person, but when its more, it becomes cheaper!
Along those same lines, connect with someone on here!! We were able to grab dinner the night before and it was nice because we were able to share rides, ect. I was traveling solo and it was really nice to spend the evening before with people that were in the same mindset. If your interview day is anything liike ours I'm sure you can find some awesome people to hang out with!

Along those same lines, connect with someone on here!! We were able to grab dinner the night before and it was nice because we were able to share rides, ect. I was traveling solo and it was really nice to spend the evening before with people that were in the same mindset. If your interview day is anything liike ours I'm sure you can find some awesome people to hang out with!

Yes!! So great to connect with someone before the interview!!

Reactions: 1 user
Mine went the whole time, like 25-30 minutes? I've heard times were pretty sporadic, anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes
Wow! How many questions did they ask you? My friend interviewed for 10 minutes, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing though.

Wow! I just now recieved the “under review” email after 3 months of waiting. I don’t even expect much from this school anymore at this point.
Noo don't give up, be patient they send out late interview invites

Wow! How many questions did they ask you? My friend interviewed for 10 minutes, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing though.
It depends on the person, I spent some time explaining my poor academic history (I had bad grades 13 years ago... apparently grades at age 18 still matter at age 31). A lot of our discussion was me talking haha

I also interviewed for about 7 minutes, although it felt like a lifetime! lol

It depends on the person, I spent some time explaining my poor academic history (I had bad grades 13 years ago... apparently grades at age 18 still matter at age 31). A lot of our discussion was me talking haha

I see, I don't have the best grades compared to the stats I see here on sdn.. don't know what's considered bad.. I have a lot of flat B's and a couple B- 's. I hope that isn't so poor where they feel the need to question it

I see, I don't have the best grades compared to the stats I see here on sdn.. don't know what's considered bad.. I have a lot of flat B's and a couple B- 's. I hope that isn't so poor where they feel the need to question it
I wouldn't worry, my grades from way back are definitely worse. They're looking for improvement, and their program is definitely geared towards those that prefer less classes (focus on one subject). Remember, if they invited you to interview that means they've already considered your stats. Do you already have an interview?

I wouldn't worry, my grades from way back are definitely worse. They're looking for improvement, and their program is definitely geared towards those that prefer less classes (focus on one subject). Remember, if they invited you to interview that means they've already considered your stats. Do you already have an interview?

Sent from my SM-G892A using
I do scheduled in a couple weeks, I'm so nervous, flying in from CA. What school are you applying from or graduated from?

I do scheduled in a couple weeks, I'm so nervous, flying in from CA. What school are you applying from or graduated from?
Technically Westmont college, but I've been graduated for two years. Where at in CA? I flew in from LAX. I got in at 1pm Thursday, enough time to get settled and relax.

Technically Westmont college, but I've been graduated for two years. Where at in CA? I flew in from LAX. I got in at 1pm Thursday, enough time to get settled and relax.

Nice, I'm from San Diego! I have class the day before my interview until 4 pm. So my flights at 6 and will be in Utah by 10. How'd you like it out there? Did you do anything besides the interview lol

Nice, I'm from San Diego! I have class the day before my interview until 4 pm. So my flights at 6 and will be in Utah by 10. How'd you like it out there? Did you do anything besides the interview lol
I went to an affiliate gym and got a good workout at elevation lol otherwise, I spent some time exploring! It's gorgeous, just make sure you take a jacket! Luckily the tour doesn't go outside.

I went to an affiliate gym and got a good workout at elevation lol otherwise, I spent some time exploring! It's gorgeous, just make sure you take a jacket! Luckily the tour doesn't go outside.

Nice. I'm planning on driving out to salt lake and just exploring what's out there. Haha, don't really know what to besides travel around the city. I love the cold so it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks again! If you have any further tips haha, I'll take it :)

Has anyone who’s received an email that’s “Under Review” received a rejection letter? I’m just wondering if I’ll have to wait till December to be told whether I’m rejected or not.

Lol, yesterday I received an email saying my application was received and is now under review... I sent my application in mid June... Why did it take so long?

Lol, yesterday I received an email saying my application was received and is now under review... I sent my application in mid June... Why did it take so long?
It depends on so many things, it's nothing against you or the school. A lot of schools I've applied to have said my app is 'under review' before the email got sent (sometimes a month of difference). I wouldn't focus on why. I'm in my third year of apps, the first year I let time pass. The second year, I started checking on my app in November. This year I started checking in August. I wouldn't recommend going as crazy as me..... but I will say it never hurts to call and check on status. Most schools note when you call, and although you think you're pestering them it can be a good thing. Be conscientious, don't call every day but be proactive.

Can anyone recommend a hotel/motel to stay at nearby within $50-$60 (not $100)?
-Preferably fast wifi and close to campus if possible as well !

Has anyone who’s received an email that’s “Under Review” received a rejection letter? I’m just wondering if I’ll have to wait till December to be told whether I’m rejected or not.
I also received an email that said my file was under review, i must have gotten that email a few weeks ago now, and I still havent heard back :( Just letting you know that you are not alone and that we should still keep our hopes up for interview in the nearby future!

I stayed at an AirBnB in South Jordan about a mile away from the campus. To get to my AirBnB from the airport cost $31 in the middle of the day using Uber. It was also only $6 to get to Roseman from where I was staying.

Can anyone recommend a hotel/motel to stay at nearby within $50-$60 (not $100)?
-Preferably fast wifi and close to campus if possible as well !

I think AirBnB is the way to go if you want to stay somewhere cheap. I stayed with Joyce (about $28 a night) who has a place in South Jordan about a mile or so away from campus. I used Uber to get to the interview and it was $6 one way. She has a great place. You get your own bedroom and bathroom, a desk if you need to do work, fast wifi, and its walking distance from a shopping center if you want to get food. I was skeptical to use AirBnB because I've never used it before but Joyce was a great host. I'd recommend looking her up if you are still looking for a place to stay!

Really want to hear from here! Do they interview late in the cycle?

February /March
They do rolling admissions, start offering admission in December but keep going until the class is full. They increased class size from 84 t0 100 and they've interviewed into March before so I would say there's a good chance they will again.

I would ask to meet for dinner, but I fly in at 10 pm :(

Funny Question: I was wondering how much walking vs. sitting there was during the day because I have a broken leg (non-weight bearing) so Im deciding on my mode of transportation around campus (knee scooter vs. peg leg). Also wondering the terrain of the campus, smooth or bumpy, flat or uphill, etc.

Funny Question: I was wondering how much walking vs. sitting there was during the day because I have a broken leg (non-weight bearing) so Im deciding on my mode of transportation around campus (knee scooter vs. peg leg). Also wondering the terrain of the campus, smooth or bumpy, flat or uphill, etc.
There's not a ton of walking, a building tour and some other stuff. One building, elevator between floors. Hope your legs heals quickly!!

Just received the under review email. Anyone know how long it takes to get a decision after receiving this email?

Status
Not open for further replies.