>>>>>>Official DMU Class of 2009<<<<<<

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Happy studying, everyone... :rolleyes:

Our weekend starts Monday after Anatomy, I guess.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

MsEvolution said:

Good luck!

I sure can't wait for the weekend, even if it does have to start on a Monday! ;)

J

No kidding, I was studying last night (Friday) for this biochem. Will get caught up on Anatomy and OMM on Monday and Tuesday eh? Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
MsEvolution said:

Good luck!

I'm starting to think our weekend starts in 2007...

bigdreamer#1 said:
No kidding, I was studying last night (Friday) for this biochem. Will get caught up on Anatomy and OMM on Monday and Tuesday eh? Good luck all!

Who this bigdreamer #1 be?

I'm super stoked right now!!! I finally got carb. metabolism down and am now swimming into the deeper waters of lipids. I hate fat, fat metabolism, fat on my hips, and fat studying. Fat sucks. All the fat sucks except for that fat A I'm hoping to see under "My Exam Grades" after this test. Oh baby oh baby

Bring it fat, you fatty fatterson.

Ok, I'm done. :barf:

Munchkin6245 said:
Who this bigdreamer #1 be?

I'm super stoked right now!!! I finally got carb. metabolism down and am now swimming into the deeper waters of lipids. I hate fat, fat metabolism, fat on my hips, and fat studying. Fat sucks. All the fat sucks except for that fat A I'm hoping to see under "My Exam Grades" after this test. Oh baby oh baby

Bring it fat, you fatty fatterson.

Ok, I'm done. :barf:

who am I? Who are any of you guys? I don't know.

Who am I? Who we? Where am I?...
Its 1:00 am Saturday night/Sunday morning. Just finished lipids III. Now on to the online practice test!

Living the dream!

wow, up till 1-2 am Sunday morning! I had to knock off at 10pm Sat. I'm back at it this Sunday am however. Do you guys think there is more information than the last section test, or is it my imagination? Also, any feedback on the practice test yet?

Well, there's 50 extra pages in this section than in the last one... feels like a lot more... I think also because we have so many pathways to memorize. I'm actually dreaming them now!

Ooofff...

Ya, definitely more material this time around. As for the practice test, I think its a bit harder than the first one. I can't stand all the questions that say "both A & B, neither A&B, all the above, none of the above etc... More a test of how you take a test than your biochem knowledge.

it's the mcat all over again. i was using kaplan strategies when i took the first test, more out of habit, than as a way to take a test. it still kinda works though. i figure, they're priming us for comlex/usmle with this style testing anyway. it's always practice for what's ahead.
by the way, who the hell are you two new posters? just kidding.
me, i'm brian. you guys/girls(?) should find us and go out to wellman's with us, if you haven't already. i'll leave it up to the rest of y'all to introduce yourselves. you're not in the glycolysis pathway, so i won't remember it for you. ciao.

I think the only question i have figured out, is........

Q. When are you in the well-fed state?

A. After two big-macs and two milkshakes

bigmac.jpg

Ha Ha, but you may need to study harder on that one, because I thought the well fed was established more often as 3 big macs and 2 shakes, as per Dr. Mueller.

Members don't see this ad :)
what's with all this studying sh^%, I went and watched "The 40 Year Old Virgin" Sunday night!! It was great! Definitely a must see! Let's just leave out the fact that I went alone! ;)

Cheers...congrats on completing the second exam!

J

I am only posting twice in a row to say that I have solved the puzzle of who bigdreamer#1 is! I am sitting right behind him in anatomy! I know who you are! ;) And you know me, although you just don't know it!

Welcome to the SDN family bigdreamer#1!

Cheers

J

I was the notepool notetaker today for anatomy. :smuggrin: Muwahahahaha J/K guys :p

I'm so glad we got our grades back already, I came home, took a nap, got up and BAM! a grade! Woohoo! Damn what a frickn relief!

I know who everyone is, except for the newbies, unless i do know you and just don't know that I know you, who don't know me unless you do know me. Know what I mean? And if you do know me then you know that I am known as Melissa and if you didn't know that then now you do know. Ok that's enough.

I may or may not come out tonight. I have a feeling I need to go to Anatomy lab but I don't want to come to Wellman's smelling of intoxicating fumes before I start drinking.

Brian...you didn't sign off like your usual sign off....what gives!? :)

:mad: :horns:

Munchkin6245 said:
I was the notepool notetaker today for anatomy. :smuggrin: Muwahahahaha J/K guys :p

I'm so glad we got our grades back already, I came home, took a nap, got up and BAM! a grade! Woohoo! Damn what a frickn relief!

I know who everyone is, except for the newbies, unless i do know you and just don't know that I know you, who don't know me unless you do know me. Know what I mean? And if you do know me then you know that I am known as Melissa and if you didn't know that then now you do know. Ok that's enough.

I may or may not come out tonight. I have a feeling I need to go to Anatomy lab but I don't want to come to Wellman's smelling of intoxicating fumes before I start drinking.

Brian...you didn't sign off like your usual sign off....what gives!? :)

Hey Munchkin...what's MadCow's usual sign off? And...come out to Wellman's...we won't care if you stink@$$...we're all going to soon become very familiar with that smell...might as well start now!

Cheers,

J

DOitright said:
Hey Munchkin...what's MadCow's usual sign off? And...come out to Wellman's...we won't care if you stink@$$...we're all going to soon become very familiar with that smell...might as well start now!

Cheers,

J

Stank @ss hehe

his usual sign off is.... :mad: :horns:

DOitright said:
I am only posting twice in a row to say that I have solved the puzzle of who bigdreamer#1 is! I am sitting right behind him in anatomy! I know who you are! ;) And you know me, although you just don't know it!

Welcome to the SDN family bigdreamer#1!

Cheers

J

Hey hey, well then DOitright, say hello then eh? If you look at my member date joined you see, I'm no stranger to SDN, been since 2002, I just don't post much, but I do pay attention to what you guys write. I think I did pull this up today during anatomy too...I guess no more anonymity for me!

Anyone else behind on the Anatomy?

Oh, and for shame you guys drinking on a school night! I'm getting some good long sleep instead. Have fun every person!

bigdreamer#1 said:
Hey hey, well then DOitright, say hello then eh? If you look at my member date joined you see, I'm no stranger to SDN, been since 2002, I just don't post much, but I do pay attention to what you guys write. I think I did pull this up today during anatomy too...I guess no more anonymity for me!

Oh, and for shame you guys drinking on a school night! I'm getting some good long sleep instead. Have fun every person!

Hey Bigdreamer#1...we've talked before, and I'll make a point of saying hi today! I like seeing "new" people on SDN! It's just weird when somebody posts that I don't recognize! ;)

Yes, I'm behind on Anatomy as well...maybe I should sign off of SDN now and pay attention to Matz! Might help huh?!?!

Cheers,

J

DOitright said:
Hey Bigdreamer#1...we've talked before, and I'll make a point of saying hi today! I like seeing "new" people on SDN! It's just weird when somebody posts that I don't recognize! ;)

Yes, I'm behind on Anatomy as well...maybe I should sign off of SDN now and pay attention to Matz! Might help huh?!?!

Cheers,

J

Yes, I'm on here SDN now while in class (Aatomy lecture) not paying much attentinon either, I'm hoping that since I've had this stuff before, that it is not so important to pay attention...probably a poor way to think.

bigdreamer#1 said:

I just got through the superficial back, intermediate back, and vertebral column today. So that would be a "yes".

Tomorrow I'm going to be done with the back and start in on the upper limbs.

Hey Bigdreamer#1...where ya' at today? I've been looking in class and can't seem to find you! I said I'd say hi yesterday, and I totally forgot...so, I'll reveal myself as soon as I find you! ;)

Cheers,

J

DOitright said:
Hey Bigdreamer#1...where ya' at today? I've been looking in class and can't seem to find you! I said I'd say hi yesterday, and I totally forgot...so, I'll reveal myself as soon as I find you! ;)

Cheers,

J

Ha ha, Well, I got here late second biochem lecture I'm in the back high right.

...now that I've decided that I don't have to go to most of this segment's biochemistry lectures the schedule is starting to look downright friendly. I don't have to show up till 10 tomorrow, and I only have two hours of class...heck, I might even make it out to Wellman's tonight. Ok, maybe not. :cool:

Old_Mil said:
...now that I've decided that I don't have to go to any most of this segments Biochemistry lectures the schedule is starting to look downright friendly. I don't have to show up till 10 tomorrow, and I only have two hours of class...heck, I might even make it out to Wellman's tonight. Ok, maybe not. :cool:

What's this I hear about not going to biochem lectures anymore? And what exactly brought this on? I see, you're just too smart huh?!? Lucky you! ;) Nah...I'm not sure I'm learning much in lecture anymore. The last two sections were great, I feel like I learned a lot in lecture, section 3 so far, not learning so much! I just can't quite get myself to skip a lecture yet! ;) I'm sure the time will come!

Cheers,

J

are you guys high? next year, we'll hate sitting in LH hell. Soak up the big beauty SEC now. Feel free to practice independent studies, read the Onion, sleep. But don't. DON'T bail out of those comfy seats. Besides, who is gonna save me a seat when i get in late? :cool:

This one's for you Ms. Munch:

Old_Mil said:
...now that I've decided that I don't have to go to any most of this segments Biochemistry lectures the schedule is starting to look downright friendly. I don't have to show up till 10 tomorrow, and I only have two hours of class...heck, I might even make it out to Wellman's tonight. Ok, maybe not. :cool:

yeah this works for me to do it at home and not go either. Because for me I like thoroghly learn it with the objective question from the chapter section and while listening to the lecture on mp3 and the slide show on bb. then I can pause and at least examine more thoroughly. It saves me two hours also in study time to really learn it, for me at least. Then I can study Anatomy for the two hours, wheree I might of been in biochem lecture instead.

See Mad Cow...Bigdreamer's on board...now you just need to join the cool crowd! I am normally really big on the importance of going to lecture, but so far in this section, I have to side with Old Mil and Bigdreamer#1, my time might be better spent learning the stuff, rather than listen to somebody confuse the heck out of me! ;)

Speaking of biochem...back to it!

Cheers,

J

For perspective, I got through all of the first hour's lecture notes and most of the second hour's notes in an hour. And the chairs in the SEC lobby are just as comfortable. And there's on demand refills for your coffee. And a fireplace...

DOitright said:
See Mad Cow...Bigdreamer's on board...now you just need to join the cool crowd! I am normally really big on the importance of going to lecture, but so far in this section, I have to side with Old Mil and Bigdreamer#1, my time might be better spent learning the stuff, rather than listen to somebody confuse the heck out of me! ;)

Speaking of biochem...back to it!

Cheers,

J

Ha, well, I'm not advocating skipping lecture if you feel it works for you at all. I do it to save time. Furthermore, I still do believe that listening to the lecture and seeing the slides is important, since they are covering the key points for testible materials....I just decided as of yesterday that it's more effecient for me to do the lecture in privacy in the evening and use the scheduled lecture time for getting other stuff done for school.

Enough about that, how bout this national disaster going on down south? I was just blown away last night with the news, looting, disorder, chaos etc... wow.

bigdreamer#1 said:
Ha, well, I'm not advocating skipping lecture if you feel it works for you at all. I do it to save time. Furthermore, I still do believe that listening to the lecture and seeing the slides is important, since they are covering the key points for testible materials....I just decided as of yesterday that it's more effecient for me to do the lecture in privacy in the evening and use the scheduled lecture time for getting other stuff done for school.

Enough about that, how bout this national disaster going on down south? I was just blown away last night with the news, looting, disorder, chaos etc... wow.

Yeah, I think today may be the last day I attend the biochem lecture!!!

I spent the whole lecture working on other things anyways!

The disaster down south is terrible! I can't believe all the looting that's going on. That's terrible. I heard they're taking 1500 police officers OFF of search and rescue efforts to go and stop some greedy looters. How UN-American can you possibly be?!?!

scratch my notice of not coming in tomorrow. the two lectures, one on diabetes and the other on heme seem interesting. so, i think i'm gonna attend. i reserve the right to f@rt in class still though. I will never deny myself that right.

Mad Cow said:
scratch my notice of not coming in tomorrow. the two lectures, one on diabetes and the other on heme seem interesting. so, i think i'm gonna attend. i reserve the right to f@rt in class still though. I will never deny myself that right.

You can still read on those two extremely interesting topics!!!

I just drank that energy thing that came in the packet of goodies the book store was giving away...we'll see how I react. I know I definitely had my fill of vitamin B6 (2000%) and B12 (8666%)!

Ok, now that I'm sure there's some funky biochem going on inside my body, I'm gonna go study it!

Cheers,

J

Mad Cow said:

I see you're still under the mistaken impression that just because the lecture notes are about heme and diabetes that this will be the topic of the conversation...but I digress.

From what I've heard from family and friends, Houston is like a scene from hell south of Westheimer. People are standing in front of cars demanding money, which isn't new for Houston. The hospital where I worked at before the move up here, is supposedly getting 300 patients from somewhere. The workload is steadily increasing. The Astrodome is about 1mile away from the Texas Medical Center, so I'm sure that getting in over there is absolutely chaos. I'm so glad I don't have to drive through that to get to work. And my mom said, from where my hometown is on I10, 100miles west of Houston, the hotels are already full with refugees. I'm sure a lot will be starting to flow to San Antonio, Austin, Waco, and maybe even up into Dallas/Fort Worth. My best friend's family lived in Bay St. Louis, MS, which is 10 minutes west of Biluxi, MS. They were finally found alive today, thankfully. It's normally hot as hell in Texas and Louisiana anyways, but this past week it's been about 100-104 plus 100% humidity. You can top that off with hot rain, stuffy air, and let's not forget about the mosquitos. You can imagine why people are getting pissed off, when they're stuck without any food, water, etc. And it makes me mad to see people say, well why didn't they evacuate when they were told. If they've ever been to NOLA they would know that the citizens who live near the Superdome probably don't have vehicles to leave in, let alone money for next months rent. People always ask me how you live in such a hot climate zone. You don't go outside until November, or until the first cool front comes in October. I just really fear that the $hit is going to hit the fan in Houston, now that the city is filling up with miserable and mad people, on top of an already huge population of poor. I'm glad I'm up here.

Thanks for the sign off Mad Bull! :cool:

I like this idea of not going to lecture! I've completed both lectures, and one study guide in less time than I would have been sitting in lecture! Talk about efficiency! Sweet!

Cheers,

J

do u guys know anyone livivg in 3000 Grand and if they like it there?

Munchkin6245 said:
do u guys know anyone livivg in 3000 Grand and if they like it there?

yeah...i know a few people living there, and i think they like it. i went there a couple weeks ago and i was impressed! it's like a large hotel! ; )

Cheers,

J

when are class officer speeches/elections being held??

Munchkin6245 said:
when are class officer speeches/elections being held??

They were supposed to be on Tuesday, the 6th, but we don't have a candidate for senator yet, so they're going to postpone speeches / voting until we do! not sure when that'll be! ;)

Cheers,

J

so, yeah,
i have no clue as to when our speeches are tomorrow. we have a short lunch due to omm class, some of us have omm lab and we have class all morning. not to mention our personal wellness profile results. get the feeling we're getting kinda short noticed?

nm, I'm not going to run.....everyone I told thinks it's a bad idea and that I won't have enough time commited to school. Maybe next year. good luck everyone!

Do you think we're having another quiz in OMM tomorrow?

Munchkin6245 said:
nm, I'm not going to run.....everyone I told thinks it's a bad idea and that I won't have enough time commited to school. Maybe next year. good luck everyone!

Do you think we're having another quiz in OMM tomorrow?

NOT everyone.

Portier said:
NOT everyone.

You know who I'm talking about crazy....let's not get me started on that person. :p

Portier said:
NOT everyone.

Look who it is...the long lost Portier! ;) How's everything going with you? Enjoying yourself out in the real world?

Cheers,

J

I think we should drop out of med school and become culturally sensitive practitioners of ancient Egyptian medicine who can write prescriptions for dried cow dung...what do you think? :idea: