>>>>>>Official DMU Class of 2009<<<<<<

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saturday night on court avenue is usually fun, and lots of people sign up for it.....

(This is posted from a Shopping mall in a suburb of Toronto...weird how wireless internet is everywhere......)

Members don't see this ad.

Portier said:
Saturday night on court avenue is usually fun, and lots of people sign up for it.....

(This is posted from a Shopping mall in a suburb of Toronto...weird how wireless internet is everywhere......)

What's even more weird...is that you're in a shopping mall in the middle of toronto posting on SDN! C'mon Ray...enjoy your vacation...we'll be here when you get back...I know...I know...it's the pink shirt, don't worry...I wear it again! ;)

DOitright said:
What's even more weird...is that you're in a shopping mall in the middle of toronto posting on SDN! C'mon Ray...enjoy your vacation...we'll be here when you get back...I know...I know...it's the pink shirt, don't worry...I wear it again! ;)

I stopped to write postcards...all my addies are on my laptop....so when I turend it on I check to see if there was a connection.

Same as at Days Inn....all this connectivity north of th border.

Members don't see this ad :)
alright,
who went into my outlook calendar box and set up classes on days that i planned on sleeping in :eek: ? you better check yours to see if you've been tampered with. we are no longer unique snowflakes y'all...

Portier said:
I stopped to write postcards...all my addies are on my laptop....so when I turend it on I check to see if there was a connection.

Same as at Days Inn....all this connectivity north of th border.

sure, sure...just go ahead and admit it...you just miss us...it's ok...we miss you too!

Mad Cow said:
alright,
who went into my outlook calendar box and set up classes on days that i planned on sleeping in :eek: ? you better check yours to see if you've been tampered with. we are no longer unique snowflakes y'all...

damn it....i've also been tampered with. We are nothing but remote controled robots now, at least for the next couple of years.

and they could have at least put in all my classes, not just anatomy and OMM, c'mon...what's with the half @$$ stuff!?!!?! ;)

Mad Cow said:
alright,

I saw that, but it doesn't look like it's a comprehensive schedule. I only see Gross Anatomy and OMM on it.

And why on Aug 22 is there the same OMM lecture at 2 different times and in 2 different locations? Maybe I missed something.

is everyone still sleeping? man, if med school is anything like pre-orientation, i'm gonna have to order me a new liver. enough wallowing in stale ale, who's up for tonight?
i need a nap between now and then. my first nap hasn't done the trick entirely.
if you don't go out tonight, you HAVE to take advantage of the Friday night and i hope to see ya then!
:mad: :horns:

Mad Cow said:
is everyone still sleeping? man, if med school is anything like pre-orientation, i'm gonna have to order me a new liver. enough wallowing in stale ale, who's up for tonight?
if you don't go out tonight, you HAVE to take advantage of the Friday night and i hope to see ya then!

Morning! Glad to see you're alive! I may make an appearance this afternoon, depending if I feel like leaving my comfy nest I've made for myself on the couch. I might even go workout. Sleepy right now. :)

Mad Cow said:

Sleeping? Heck I was up at 7:30 this morning and already made one trip back and forth to Des Moines today. I'm taking my mom for coffeetime with some other seasoned citizens but will be out again tonight.

I'm going to try and keep from spilling beer on myself though. :rolleyes:

I've already picked out the CD's for the carpool to the farmer's market tonight.

Wear your denim overalls and ****kickers, y'all.

y'all are just havin' way too much fun without me! bastards! i have my last shift at work tonight, but i'll defintely be there tomorrow night for the court ave. get together...you guys thought about where you're going to eat? my vote is court ave. (you know...the place with good beer...at least so i'm told)

i'll be in touch!

J

Members don't see this ad :)
by the way y'all,
i'd check your outlook calendar, it is filling up with tons of anti-going out rhetoric. damn Them.

Mad Cow said:
by the way y'all,
i'd check your outlook calendar, it is filling up with tons of anti-going out rhetoric. damn Them.

I noticed that. That oft-dreaded word "EXAM" has also started appearing on a fairly regular basis.

speaking of tonight,
the idea being thrown about is meeting and eating at court ave. brew pub. we as a group are sposed to meet at 4th and court at 7:30. if you don't show there, meet us at the pub, its just down court a bit. old mil and rjfreed, we are thinking cabbing it down there. if you're hip, pm me. later. hell, call anyway, i'm bored.

what's up with all the "ya'll" lately????? See you guys tonight!

hey, y'all. i missed another pre-orientation fun activity. how'd it go? i suppose there was beer involved. i see a pattern. hopefully next week there will maybe be some happenings, since we don't really have any studying to do. i did go out, though....Legends bar and grill in Ames. it was pretty cool. it is on the top floor of a tall apartment building, looking over the iowa state campus.

CowBastard.jpg

it's a mad holstein......

rjfreed said:
hey, y'all. i missed another pre-orientation fun activity. how'd it go? i suppose there was beer involved. i see a pattern. hopefully next week there will maybe be some happenings, since we don't really have any studying to do. i did go out, though....Legends bar and grill in Ames. it was pretty cool. it is on the top floor of a tall apartment building, looking over the iowa state campus.

CowBastard.jpg

it's a mad holstein......

today, all i can get out is... muh

Munchkin6245 said:
what's up with all the "ya'll" lately????? See you guys tonight!
We could all pretend we're Pennsylvanians and start saying "Yins" I suppose...
Mad_Cow said:
Muh, huh? I was pretty much stuck at "argh" till noon or so. After looking at my Outlook calendar again, I'm thinking that this whole studying medicine thing is really going to intrude on my social life and riding motorcycles.

hey what's up? new to the boards and I'm BORED out of my mind in this stupid PC lesson class. Who's on here I know.

Anyone from Imperial across from school. :cool:

I definetly feel your guys' pain, orientation week blows a big one, and just think you will get a retraining session on your new pda's right before you leave for rotations since that is how you keep your logs. Our last day we were sitting there for like 5 hours and most of us were fried from boards and class and just wanted to leave, but just some advice..

GO OUT AND PARTY THIS WEEK

classes start soon enough and then you don't remember the last time you had fun without worrying about what test you needed to study for.............

My first official post using my DMU laptop! The training class sucked, to say the least...but the computer and PDA are a lot of fun!

DOitright said:
My first official post using my DMU laptop! The training class sucked, to say the least...but the computer and PDA are a lot of fun!

Nothing exciting to add. I thought I would be 1st to post with the new pda's we now have.

Wassup?!?! I'm up here in "C"rochester, enjoying my last weekend before the storm hits. Hope you all are doing the same. Cya bright and early Monday morning!

Cheers

J

What was the deal with getting bread at Friday night's game? And what was even the bigger deal that noone told me what was going on afterwards? J/K
I got drunk at the Miller High Life Lounge which is an easy block away from Principal Park.

Tomorrow's our last day of freedom guys, take it all in. I think I'm gonna waste the day and sleep. Let's see raised hands if you studied the first section of biochem last night.......only me? Damn! I suck.

Munchkin6245 said:
What was the deal with getting bread at Friday night's game? And what was even the bigger deal that noone told me what was going on afterwards? J/K
I got drunk at the Miller High Life Lounge which is an easy block away from Principal Park.

Tomorrow's our last day of freedom guys, take it all in. I think I'm gonna waste the day and sleep. Let's see raised hands if you studied the first section of biochem last night.......only me? Damn! I suck.

I thought the bread was a great idea. Now I can get me some of that famous toast and sell it on e-bay.

grilledmary01_pic_100.jpg

Also, i put my biochem notes in a binder but thought that i was overachieving, so i don't know if i will get around to really studying this weekend.

Munchkin, you should've gone to Hessen House. It was quite the party. Friday morning was not a good morning. I'm hanging out at home in Oskaloosa making sure everything on this front is covered and spending some quality time with the dogs.

I'll be back in Des Moines tomorrow evening sometime.

rjfreed said:
in a binder but thought that i was overachieving, so i don't know if i will get around to really studying this weekend.

Slacking already? I had my biochem notes in a binder on Thursday morning!

(Not that I've actually opened the binder since then or anything...)

i'll take underachiever awards for this group right now. i just opened my eyes. thursday was an unfortunate blur. i hope to be able to eat solid food soon. i hope no one else has a birthday around all you yellow jerseys. i thought gunning was only found in classrooms, not in bars. i'll see y'all monday am, bright eyed and bushy tailed.

ahhhh c'mon...thursday wasn't that bad! Damn hessen house and their damn 4 boot rule...bastards! next time we go there, i think we have to stragetically plan where we sit and how many to a table...i wanted more boots!

wellman's was fun! but what's with the shot after shot after shot ****...yikes! wait...I ordered one of those, guess I'm partially to blame...but seriously...how could you beat this line up...back to back to back?

Dead Nazi (jager and rumplemens)
Jager Bomb
Irish car bomb

My three favorites!

I'm ready for another round!

cya tomorrow!

J

Old_Mil said:
We could all pretend we're Pennsylvanians and start saying "Yins" I suppose...

As a former Pittsburgher I have to narrow your statement down a bit. It mostly Southwest Pennsylvanians who say Yinz (or Yins). Of course, I have not chosen to partake in the colloquialism.

Go to school, go to school, first day of school, .....yeah....

I am only posting to beat Munchkin as the first to post in class! HAHA!

this isn't nearly as fun as the pre-pre-orientation, pre-orientation, and the orientation activities lead us to believe. i mean, where is the free booze? :D
okay, name three islamic era doctors that kicked a$$ for mankind...
you better know by monday or you have to repeat the class. you're stewed, buttwad! peace
yes i will be signing off with those two 'smiles' from now on...

okay, name three islamic era doctors that kicked a$$ for mankind...
you better know by monday or you have to repeat the class. you're stewed, buttwad! peace

Am I supposed to include Maimonades, the Spanish Jew who was a disciple of the Roman Galen who is apparently considered an Islamic doctor for some unknown reason?

Really, I should be more grateful to Islam...after all, it's the reason I'm in medical school. After all, if Al Qaida hadn't blown up the world trade center & pentagon, I'd still be staring out a side window eating crap food watching a plane fly itself... ;)

Actually, I better shut up, or I'm going to fail diversity training. :rolleyes:

All I can say about our IOM class is...70% baby! Sorry, history just ain't my thang...why do you think I went into medicine? --- To get as far away from history as possible. A lot of good it did me! ;)

Next Wednesday...beer...ummmm.....cheers.

J

You're a weasel!!! I wanted to be the first to post online while in class. Tomorrow's Friday boys! Woohoo!!!!!!

hey

does anyone need a loveseat?

Mad Cow said:
hey

does anyone need a loveseat?

No, but I'll take any extra beer you may have off your hands...even if it's Miller High Life.

Old_Mil said:
No, but I'll take any extra beer you may have off your hands...even if it's Miller High Life.

CCOM is officially calling out DMU Supergeniuses/not drinkers for a formal keg race during mutual breaks from class - local will be determined later

bbake87 said:
CCOM is officially calling out DMU Supergeniuses/not drinkers for a formal keg race during mutual breaks from class - local will be determined later

Well now...this is intriguing. Sounds like all that preseason training is going to pay off for us down the road.

Where the hell are our Biochem exam grades? I just want to assure myself that the F i think i'm getting is really an F and not like a Q or Z if there are those types of grades, less than an F. I'm not kidding, that test was not what I thought it was going to be.

Anyhow, I'll be seeing you guys at Wellman's tonight, after I cook dinner. Yum!

Ciao!

Munchkin6245 said:
Where the hell are our Biochem exam grades? I just want to assure myself that the F i think i'm getting is really an F and not like a Q or Z if there are those types of grades, less than an F. I'm not kidding, that test was not what I thought it was going to be.

Anyhow, I'll be seeing you guys at Wellman's tonight, after I cook dinner. Yum!

Ciao!
Yo munchkin! :)

Man, isn't med sk00l a kick in the pants? :scared: :eek:

;) How's it shakin'?

EvoDevo said:

;) How's it shakin'?

Hey Evo! It's going great up here! So much better than being back home, even though I miss all the folks down there. I love that I can sleep with the windows open and not worry about sweating to death or getting capped. :)

EvoDevo said:

;) How's it shakin'?

Hey Evo, I think we're way past a kick in the pants and well into "rectal probe" territory.

will somebody please take madcow's loveseat...i'm getting sick of hearing about it! maybe i should just take, put wheels of the bottom and push along i235....i'd be going right along with traffic! damn iowa drivers....(sorry, I'm a CA driver, so it's just a "LITTLE" different here!" ;)

J

Omigod, I'm so tired from last night. I completely slept through my alarm and biochem class. I must be getting old.

sorry suckers,
you waited too long. you snooze you lose. just not on that loveseat that WAS in my place. don't blame me, i offered it to my sdner(d)s first. now, there is space and peace in my galactosy. how'd that get there?

Alright, which one of you rat bastards told the powers that be about my embryology scheme.... :)