>>>>>>Official DMU Class of 2009<<<<<<

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Old_Mil said:
I think we should drop out of med school and become culturally sensitive practitioners of ancient Egyptian medicine who can write prescriptions for dried cow dung...what do you think? :idea:

What are you talking about...I'm loving every second of this! What else could I possibly be doing? Sleeping? Nah! Working and making money? Nah? At the beach back in Hawaii? Nah? None of that is better than sitting here in class!

J

Members don't see this ad.

what kind of drugs are you on? i'm wondering how i'm going to study for this class......yawn :sleep:

Munchkin6245 said:
what kind of drugs are you on? i'm wondering how i'm going to study for this class......yawn :sleep:

what are you talking about, I'm gonna read the book, listen to the lecture mp3s (multiple times, in slow mode), study notepool, and memorize the handouts. I think I'll be good after all that! ;)

riiiiiiiiiiiiight!

J

Members don't see this ad :)
I see that I'm not the only one paying close attention to this lecture...

I'm actually excited to be in biochemistry now! Not only does that mean no more :sleep: but I actually know this stuff from this lecture. Yay!

I need help!

I'm looking to buy a loveseat. anyone got any ideas?

hey y'all,
didja see the ambassador sign up sheets are posted on the portal? whaddya think, should we take over one of those days and infuse the interviewees with caffeine and jager either before or after the interview(their choice, not ours Old Mil)?
i say we have an SDN sponsored tour day: this is where we go after exams, this is, well, i don't wanna spoil anymore than this for any pre-invites that are snoopin in. this is some good stuff to discuss in beh med. yawn.
later
b
oops, sorry munchy, i forgot on the last one and almost did as well here:
:mad: :horns: :)

Didn't you just sell your loveseat??????? What frickn weird upside down time warp am I in???? And is God punishing me for it by not only throwing me into this time warp but also adding Beh Med into it??? EHHH GADS!

And to top it off, I actually called Coke, pop today. darnit!

thanks for the sign off
:mad: :horns:

we have to get a smiley icon that YAWNS. especially in 8 am class. where are all of you? it's just me and the lecturer. ya jerks :yawn:

Munchkin6245 said:
And to top it off, I actually called Coke, pop today. darnit!

thanks for the sign off

Yes, but have you called a "black bag" a "black baaahhhhhg" (I can't quite distort my face enough to say it the right...or wrong...way)?

I probably really should cross the street and come to a lecture or two this morning, huh.

Mad Cow said:
we have to get a smiley icon that YAWNS. especially in 8 am class. where are all of you? it's just me and the lecturer. ya jerks :yawn:

I skipped my first class today. I didn't study independently, or review my biochem, I just plain slept in. It was nice. I came for Freud because I enjoy his theories. I refuse to give up on the Phallic-Oedipal stage. I should have just stayed in bed for another hour, though. :sleep:

Munchkin, I say soda-pop. It keeps everyone happy.

Sorry, I forgot to add a picture. I think it brings some color to our great thread.....

freud-colour.gif

(maybe i should be giving credit for these things. oh well.)

:thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup:
mad cow

muncher, i dint wanna make my whole post smilies.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no excuse for missing class other than that I had to clean house for my parents who are coming this weekend. But I DID listen to the lectures on the MP3s so I guess that counts for something. I need to get a haircut too before mom gets here and complains about the stringy napp on my head.

Later! :mad: :horns:

DOitright said:
Look who it is...the long lost Portier! ;) How's everything going with you? Enjoying yourself out in the real world?

Cheers,

J

Life is good. I'm doing my OB/GYN rotation right off the bat.....and not that bad.

My biggest screw up has been not knowing how to play golf. They expect you to be able to do that evidently. I'm getting lessons on Tuesday.

I've been busy in the clinic so far (60+ patients) and have assisted on about 7 surgeries...all in my first 3 days.

It's a pretty good rotation up here in Mason City, and I'm learning lots.

I don't miss the classroom, school politics, or stress/depression of tests.

I think I'm going to get some Chinese food now, and finish reading the ob/gyn microprinted 500 page pocket reference that Dr Tan wants me to know cover ot cover.

LATA

Mad Cow said:

Everyone is smarter than you....they've taken the advice of sagacious 3rd years...skip class and study when you feel awake.

One more fyi: Even though I'm not a stellar test taker my retention is high. I don't think I've gotten a pimp question wrong yet on OB. Tell that crazy OB teacher that I think she did a good job of lecturing...even though I never attended one lecture. :)

...there are a lot of people who aren't.

We're now watching clips from the Lion King.

The stages of dog development:

(1) **** on the floor.
(2) **** in the yard.

I should have gone to vet school. :laugh:

Old_Mil said:
The stages of dog development:

(1) **** on the floor.
(2) **** in the yard.

I should have gone to vet school. :laugh:

these reflexive responses seem vaguely familiar to me, now that it's test time.
ooooooh that smell, can't you smell that smell? good luck y'all and DOit right, tomorrow for the White Coat Ceremony, the tie goes around your neck and not around in your beltloops. you've been watching too much queer eye.

Actually, it's the prospect of watching more animated film clips in Behavior Med that has me worried...the tests, I don't mind!

:mad: Learn to play gof before rotations.

It sucks to be the "bad one" on the doubles teams.

Of course, considering I've never picked a club up before today......I still sucked.

:mad:

Portier said:
:mad: Learn to play gof before rotations.

It sucks to be the "bad one" on the doubles teams.

Of course, considering I've never picked a club up before today......I still sucked.

:mad:

I've found during my years that if you can't do something good, do it looking good. Golf is my reason to bust out the polyester or maybe even a sweater-vest.

rjfreed said:
I've found during my years that if you can't do something good, do it looking good. Golf is my reason to bust out the polyester or maybe even a sweater-vest.

. . .and the golf tees shaped like naked ladies.

:thumbup: omg...

I think I just figured out why to like golf.

Tees shaped like naked ladies? WOW!

That's totally my style

:thumbup:

Portier said:
:thumbup: omg...

I think I just figured out why to like golf.

Tees shaped like naked ladies? WOW!

That's totally my style

The first time I saw them was in the movie "Caddyshack". I figured while we were talking *ahem* fashion, I'd bring them up too. :thumbup:

One more fun thing about golf......beer carts and the beer cart girl.

uh is it too early to promote our next assault on hepatoycytes? wherever, after our biochem test, t-8 days. and counting, veryyy sloooowly. good luck tomorrow y'all. peace

MVC-774S.yossman-at-quakecon99.07aug1999.greg-with-the-quakecon99-booth-babes.jpg

If you go to collegehumor.com you'll find the strangest stuff.

...will be held at Wellmans on Wednesday evening after the Behavioral Med test at, say, 8pm?

Old_Mil said:
...will be held at Wellmans on Wednesday evening after the Behavioral Med test at, say, 8pm?

How're the hangovers guys?

Portier said:
How're the hangovers guys?

:barf: Hangovers aren't so bad; it's the combination of hangover and cadaver stench that really... :barf:

wait,
am i still in med school? i mean really. i looked outside and the sun was shining, birds were chirping, and i was smiling! i felt human for a second. Gawd, i hope that goes away quickly.

Hi,

I'm moving out of the Imperial this weekend, and have a couch that I can't take with me. It's from Ikea, 2 years old, simple one-piece design, blue slipcover...if anybody's interested, email me at [email protected]. I'm willing to give it away for free, so if you can pick it up this Saturday, let me know!

Thanks!

Hey Madcow, now that you don't have a love seat, perhaps you can be the next owner of this IKEA sofa...

I do believe I'm actually heading back to Des Moines shortly, studying, and going to class this week. How scary is that.

Old_Mil said:
Hey Madcow, now that you don't have a love seat, perhaps you can be the next owner of this IKEA sofa...

I do believe I'm actually heading back to Des Moines shortly, studying, and going to class this week. How scary is that.

Going to class? That does sound frightening...let me know how class is! The SEC AUD coule be painted purple, and I'd never know...now the library...I know that place like the back of my hand! ;)

Cheers-

J

i've got your middle digit extensor right here my man :eek:

Mad Cow said:
i've got your middle digit extensor right here my man :eek:

Looks like somebody's a little bitter about being in class...did you have to take notes for notepool or something?!?!? :p

J

Two hours from now....NO MORE BEHAVIORAL MED!!!, second class completed! Good job y'all!

Cheers,

J

DOitright said:
Two hours from now....NO MORE BEHAVIORAL MED!!!, second class completed! Good job y'all!

Cheers,

J

That is, of course, assuming I manage to get more than a 57% on this final. I should be fine though, I've studied enough to get a 59%. :laugh:

I listened to four hours of violence against self, domestic abuse, child abuse, and elder abuse last night. Tell me that isn't a downer.

HOLY CRAP!!! ASTROS WIN!!!! The greatest (and longest) game in baseball history and I wasn't there :( How long does it take to get to St. Louis from here b/c Cardinals HERE WE COME!!!!! KILLLLLLERRRR BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBssssss!!!!

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Munchkin6245 said:
HOLY CRAP!!! ASTROS WIN!!!! The greatest (and longest) game in baseball history and I wasn't there :( How long does it take to get to St. Louis from here b/c Cardinals HERE WE COME!!!!! KILLLLLLERRRR BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBssssss!!!!

WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Considering that the Cardinals dispatched with the Padres like they were a little league team, I'm not too worried...

scoreboard.JPG

HAHAH Blah!

Pass the word along: They put on Blackboard what's going to be covered from Exam 1 on Exam 2 for Anatomy, and the breakdown for the Biochemistry Final Exam.

Good luck everybody!!!! If anyone wants to study I'm sure I'll be at the library today from 4p til midnight. Give me a holla!

I plan to be in rare form at Wellmans as I dance the Myposian Dance of Joy on the bar in celebration of the conclusion of the 2nd quarter of anatomy, Notre Dame beating USC on Saturday, and the Cardinals sweeping the Astros to win the pennant. Of course, the events in question may also be the Astros winning the pennant, USC beating the Irish, and my getting an anatomy grade which I would gladly take as a golf score, but little else. In either case, the celebration will proceed.

dance17.gif

Anyone care to join me?

In the meantime, I'm going to find a nice quiet cave in the Himalayas to retire to and study Anatomy. See you all next week... :sleep:

namaste rishi milind,
aum mane padme aum
swami :mad: :horns:

I know for the rest of the world it's the beginning of the weekend....it's 5:40pm on Friday the weather is beautiful, time to party right? Or to all of us this is the beginning of the week for us....so on that note....I would like to be the official welcome wagon committee member for the

WEEK OF HELL!!!!!!! :scared:

34-31. On a repeat of the last play of the game. SC Wins.
Cards lose and go down to Houston 2-1 in the series.
+pissed+

The tides are changing.....I'm gonna pass Biochem, get an A in Anatomy and the Astros are going to the World Series.....now if i could only find calorie free ice cream. :)

Munchkin6245 said:
The tides are changing.....I'm gonna pass Biochem, get an A in Anatomy and the Astros are going to the World Series.....now if i could only find calorie free ice cream. :)

Here's a way to think about the calories in ice cream (the same applies to beer - this is how this interests me! ;) )

What is the definition of a calorie? The amount of energy to change 1 gram of water, 1 degree celsius...right?! Well...what is the temperature of ice cream when you eat it? Pretty damn cold right. Let's just say 10 degrees celsius. So, by definition, you are burning a **** load of calories just to get the ice cream you ingested to body temperature (37 degrees celsius). The ice cream itself doesn't contain enough calories to raise its temperature to body temp, therefor, you are actually burning calories when you eat cold ice cream. Again, the same applies for beer. So as long as you aren't eating or drinking warm ice cream or beer, respecitively, you're in negative calorie balance (kinda like negative nitrogen balance)...ok...that reference to biochem was completely uncalled for, and unnecessary...you all have permission to buy me a nice cold beer as punishment!

;)

Congrats on finishing biochem....it feels great!

Cheers!

J

Note to self: Freeze all food before eating. :)

Yes, we're done with biochem and it feels great to put THAT binder up on the Spring 2007 shelf. Oooofff!

Now... on to the biggie... I won't panic, I won't panic, I **won't** panic!!