***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I've applied to a few schools, but am considering adding this one just now. I haven't heard back from any schools yet.
My stats are (idk how relevant this info is for this post but it seems standard to provide it) -- 3.42 sGPA, 3.50 oGPA, 23AA/25TS/23PAT
Does anyone have any feedback for if I should even bother applying this late? I think I would be happy at Boston but I don't know how that looks on AADSAS, considering all the universities can see what schools I've applied to/see that I applied to BU pretty last minute.
Oh, and congrats on everyone who got their interviews!! :clap: Thanks for any feedback you guys have :)

I have a feeling they can only see where you apply, deposit, rejected, interviewed etc after April 1st. Also just because you did not get an interview now doesnt mean its too late...A very close friend of mine applied his senior year of college, worked in several dental offices since he graduated high school, had a 3.9 gpa, and a 19 DAT, 19 TS, 16 PAT. He did NOT get any interviews pre Dec 1st and thought his future was over, he later received his first interview at Boston on Jan 15, and was accepted Jan 25. Next got an interview at UMD feb 12th, and VCU feb 25th. the downside to this was he wanted to stay local (DMV DC, Maryland, VA) but wanted to reserve a seat at Boston just in case, so he put down a $3k deposit (NON REFUNDABLE), and on May 20th he received his acceptance (after being placed on waitlist) at UMD. Where he will be graduating from in a year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm interviewing on Monday. I plan on getting there around 8am. If anyone wants to grab a cup of coffee or something, let me know!

I'm interviewing on Monday. I plan on getting there around 8am. If anyone wants to grab a cup of coffee or something, let me know!
The closest place is at the med school brewed by petes coffee. City co is just crap coffee and over priced.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many interview invitations Boston sends out?

Can't wait to meet whoever is interviewing tomorrow!

Whomever was at the Nov. 13th interview, it was a pleasure meeting you!

Did everyone receive academic update email today?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wtf i still haven't

EDIT: nvm it wasn't an email it was a notification on AADSAS itself. Idk why some saying they got email...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
wtf i still haven't

EDIT: nvm it wasn't an email it was a notification on AADSAS itself. Idk why some saying they got email...
Ohhh I thought they meant that they received an email from BU about it

Did you get interview yet? And what exactly did the email say?
I had my interview few weeks ago. It just told me to do academic update on AADSAS, as it will help the Admissions Committee to make decisions.

I got the same thing.
Is it just those who have been interviewed that have gotten it?

For those of you who have interviewed, has your AADSAS status changed from "invited for interview"?

Hey guys! I'm interviewing post-Dec at BU. What did y'all think of the School? I assume since it is a private school the tuition would be equivalent to that of an out-of-state school. I really like Boston and I can actually see myself living there after dental school but idk if such huge debt is manageable. Just thought I would get some of your thoughts on the school! thanks!

Hey guys! I'm interviewing post-Dec at BU. What did y'all think of the School? I assume since it is a private school the tuition would be equivalent to that of an out-of-state school. I really like Boston and I can actually see myself living there after dental school but idk if such huge debt is manageable. Just thought I would get some of your thoughts on the school! thanks!
If you are concerned about accumulating a lot of debt, then I think you should look elsewhere than schools in Boston. I've lived in Boston and done undergrad and master's at BU and BU school of medicine, and it is an extremely expensive city to live in. BU dental is in a very trendy part of Boston that is very expensive to live in, so you need to figure that rent for a somewhat decent apt near school is going to be minimum $1500 per month for a shared apartment on top of a very expensive tuition. In addition, eating and going out is also very expensive. But otherwise, it's a really fantastic city to live in and a great school with great faculty.

If you are concerned about accumulating a lot of debt, then I think you should look elsewhere than schools in Boston. I've lived in Boston and done undergrad and master's at BU and BU school of medicine, and it is an extremely expensive city to live in. BU dental is in a very trendy part of Boston that is very expensive to live in, so you need to figure that rent for a somewhat decent apt near school is going to be minimum $1500 per month for a shared apartment on top of a very expensive tuition. In addition, eating and going out is also very expensive. But otherwise, it's a really fantastic city to live in and a great school with great faculty.

Thanks for the info! btw does anyone have the statistics on # accepted after interviewed? I checked the ADEA document and it didn't make much sense for BU

Do we know for sure if BU emails you at 12:00 AM if you've been accepted/waitlisted/rejected?

Do we know for sure if BU emails you at 12:00 AM if you've been accepted/waitlisted/rejected?
Seems to be the earliest communication but I wonder if that includes both rejections and acceptances.
I am very nervous, I think I am driving my husband insane.

Yeah, it's worth noting that Boston is third in the US in COL, way behind SF/right there with NYC. On the flip side, BU and Tufts are both right in the middle of many Boston cultural markers - Harvard not so much.

Did anyone have a status change to "check back Dec. 1st"?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted at BU!

For those accepted, did your status change to “check back dec. 1?”

Status
Not open for further replies.