***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Lol yeah when I read the title that says "Boston Univeristy invites you..." I got so excited and then I was disappointed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
btw guys, when I want to answer the yes/no prompt for paying my supplemental fees (image shown below), it wont let me choose the "no, I have no affiliation with BU" option. Is anyone else encountering the same issue?

upload_2017-7-8_13-34-47.png

Members don't see this ad :)
btw guys, when I want to answer the yes/no prompt for paying my supplemental fees (image shown below), it wont let me choose the "no, I have no affiliation with BU" option. Is anyone else encountering the same issue?

View attachment 221114
I did it on my phone and I just had to turn my phone sideways

Still not working :I
After you've clicked "no", it'll give you that thank you confirmation response you linked in the attachment and it'll give you a BUID. When this happens, it'll automatically change your response to "yes" and you can't switch it back to no. Then you just have to hit continue and pay the fee. Is that what you mean?

Reactions: 1 user
Is this your second time opening that browser? cuz i did that too. First time you opened it they probably gave you an ID number which you don't need at all. So don't worry about it, cuz it just means you already have an ID number.

After you paid, how long did it take for your status to change on ADEA AADSAS portal?

I just received the application complete email, but it is not updated on my ADEA AADSAS portal that my app is complete and under review, it still says waiting additional information but everything is now in. Did anyone else experience that and how long did it take to change on your portal page?

I just received the application complete email, but it is not updated on my ADEA AADSAS portal that my app is complete and under review, it still says waiting additional information but everything is now in. Did anyone else experience that and how long did it take to change on your portal page?
Last week I received the "application complete" email. Still no change on my AADSAS portal

Members don't see this ad :)
The app can be considered 'complete' and ready for review (I asked them about this today and got a response) but won't actually go under review until early august when they begin to look at their applicant pool. So it may not show up on AADSAS.

View attachment 221114
The same thing happened to me, I went ahead and called admissions and they said it should be fine and that you should just notify Josh, after paying. :)

Would anyone mind sharing how much time/effort you put into BU's supplemental questions?

Would anyone mind sharing how much time/effort you put into BU's supplemental questions?
personally I've been taking my time and procrastinating a bit haha but I think now it's getting closer to the time where it's better to just get things in to be considered early in the application process. And BU's questions are pretty straight forward, although they are a bit longer compared to some schools.

So for those of you who submitted the supplemental/paid: Has your AADSAS status changed?
Mine still says waiting additional information, but I have submitted a few weeks ago.

Update: Nvm saw a post from above answering my question:)

Does anyone know the required number of shadowing hours for henry goldman? I've tried looking and can't find that information anywhere.

Does anyone know the required number of shadowing hours for henry goldman? I've tried looking and can't find that information anywhere.

Not sure if it's listed but generally schools want atleast 50 hours. And you can add throughout app cycle too so it's not set in stone.

Has anyone received an interview invite yet? I didn't want to read this entire thread. Thanks!

I'm trying to pay their supplemental fee, and it says we should select YES for having an affiliation with them if we have previously applied there. However, I have no idea what the login would be and there is no option to reset password...

I just got an interview for Sept. 25th received via email. I am so happy, I was getting anxious even though it's early on.. watch your emails!

Last edited:
what is your state of residency?

@Jlm50

Did they pick the date for you without a range of options?
Yes, they picked the date but it does say on the bottom of the email: "If you are unable to meet with us on the scheduled date we will make every effort to assist you in rescheduling'

I just got an interview for Sept. 25th received via email. I am so happy, I was getting anxious even though it's early on.. watch your emails!

Congrats!! When did you submit?

Interview number 2 :horns:

School: BU
Notification date: 8/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17

Nothing yet! I'd really want to go there! I hope I'm a pick for later dates!!

My status finally changed to under reciew today so i guess that's a positive

Interview #2

Notification date: 8/4/17
Residency: NH
GPA (science,overall): 3.76, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/18/No

They gave me an interview on a Tuesday which does not work well with me, do you think it is rude to call and ask for a Friday interview date (I don't have classes on Fridays)? Not sure if this would make me look bad.

They gave me an interview on a Tuesday which does not work well with me, do you think it is rude to call and ask for a Friday interview date (I don't have classes on Fridays)? Not sure if this would make me look bad.
If you truly cannot make it I would call them.. I mean, in the email it does say that they are amenable to changing the date/time depending on the applicant's schedule. Plus, then maybe we could interview together! 9/29 :horns:

not necessarily true. I'm in-state and completed my app way back in june. Still nothing from BU, I guess we just wait!

That does not dispel the fact that only MA or NH residents have received interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Received an interview invite!

Notification date: 8/4/17
Residence: MA
DAT: 22AA, 19TS, 22PAT
GPA: 3.7 Sci, 3.6 Overall

Reactions: 1 users
not necessarily true. I'm in-state and completed my app way back in june. Still nothing from BU, I guess we just wait!
You kind of come off as entitled to an interview right here

No one is guaranteed no matter where you are from.... unless you are the grandson of Jeffrey hutter.

Interview #1

Notification date: 8/8
Residency: NY
Application completion date: 7/11
AADSAS submission date: 7/8
GPA (science, overall) 3.57, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/TS 20/PAT 21/RC 22/QR 21 none below 19

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4!

Submitted 6/4. received 6/19 -> waited the longest time for the fee link portal, got that in july i think.

I wish everyone good fortune in the interviews to come. (if you watch GoT you get This hehe)

Last edited:
Interview #3

Notification date: 8/8
Method of notification: Email 4:30EST
Residency: FL
Application completion date: 6/16
AADSAS submission date: 6/13
Supplemental received: 7/7
GPA (science, overall) 3.4, 3.2, 4.0 masters GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21/TS 20/PAT 19/RC 26/none below 17

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1

Notification: email 8/8 at 1:30pm Pacific
Date of Interview: Oct 23
College Attended: UCLA
Residency: CA - which shows they have extended out beyond the East Coast
AADSAS submission date: 7/29
Supplemental Processed: 8/2
GPA: 3.45 overall, 3.37 science (with a strong upward trend)
DAT: AA- 23, TS - 21, PAT - 22, RC - 24, none below 17

Interview #1

Notification: email 8/8 at 1:30pm Pacific
Date of Interview: Oct 23
College Attended: UCLA
Residency: CA - which shows they have extended out beyond the East Coast
AADSAS submission date: 7/29
Supplemental Processed: 8/2
GPA: 3.45 overall, 3.37 science (with a strong upward trend)
DAT: AA- 23, TS - 21, PAT - 22, RC - 24, none below 17
haha you burst my bubble of hope that they hadn't reached west coast or late july submission yet... congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.