***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was SIU? I interview there in a couple weeks. Pretty sure I took a big L on UIC though.
Loved it!! Awesome program, conversational interview, great people and staff. I'd be happy to get an offer to attend SIU.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Interview #1 for me!!
In state resident
submitted 7/7, completed and "under review" 7/19
Email invite for interview 8/8
Interview Date: 10/20
AA- 20/TS- 20/BIO- 20/GC- 19/OC- 21/RC- 22/QR- 19/PAT- 21
cGPA - 3.67 sGPA - 3.63

Anyone else on this day? Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Their grading system. I was wondering if it was Pass/Fail, Pass/Fail/Honors, or if they had GPA (A, B, C, etc grades).
It's a GPA and the grade ranges depending on what class it is (physio, biochem, anatomy)

Been under review forever.. 2 months.. AA22, GPA 4.0... Still waiting.. I would really love to hear something from them!

Been under review forever.. 2 months.. AA22, GPA 4.0... Still waiting.. I would really love to hear something from them!
Lol im in a similar situation.

What do your extracurriculars look like? I interviewed with an AA of 18 (QR was a 16), and a GPA of 3.75 and sGPA of 3.93 with a strong extracurriculars (quality over quantity).

What do your extracurriculars look like? I interviewed with an AA of 18 (QR was a 16), and a GPA of 3.75 and sGPA of 3.93 with a strong extracurriculars (quality over quantity).
Strong.. over 200 hours shadowing, mentor program for 2 years, research assistant 2 years..

Where did you interview with 18 AA. Asking since I'm in the same boat with AA. Thank you :)

Has anyone had their interview yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from my interview here hope it opens up a spot for one of y'all good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else interviewing tomorrow?
Also, has anyone had interviews here yet this cycle?

Is it safe to say BU wont be sending more invites until after Dec 1st?

To those who have already interviewed or are going to interview, what did you wear/are you wearing? If it was just an interview I would just be in a suit, but the day of activities makes me wonder if I should lean more towards business casual?

To those who have already interviewed or are going to interview, what did you wear/are you wearing? If it was just an interview I would just be in a suit, but the day of activities makes me wonder if I should lean more towards business casual?
I wore a suit and tie to the interview. Everyone was really laid back and friendly, and there was some walking around between two buildings, but I think you should stick with a suit. Gotta keep it professional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My application has been "under review" well over a month. Would love to hear back from them :(

I heard they don't interview from December - January, is this true? If so, that would suck.

My application has been "under review" well over a month. Would love to hear back from them :(

I heard they don't interview from December - January, is this true? If so, that would suck.

You heard correct unfortunately. They won't start sending out interview requests until around January 5. That's what I was told.

Does anyone know how many students BU interviews and the chance of acceptance after an interview?

Does anyone know how many students BU interviews and the chance of acceptance after an interview?
They told us that they only interview a little over 400 (out of 3900 - 4200 applicants)
They also seemed to imply that if you got invited to interview, you have a really good chance of getting accepted

They told us that they only interview a little over 400 (out of 3900 - 4200 applicants)
They also seemed to imply that if you got invited to interview, you have a really good chance of getting accepted

That's pretty standard - if you're invited for an interview they think you can succeed and pass the NBDE part 1. At that point they just want to get to know you. There's ~115 spots available per year.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how likely is it that I get an interview?
My application was submitted in July and completed (with DAT score and LOR) Oct 10.

Stats:
Dat 22AA 21TS 21PAT
TotalGPA (3.86 with +/-) and (3.9 without +/-)
SGPA (3.91 with +/-) and (3.88 without +/-)

Have 1900 h of research. Leadership tasks and activities.Total of around 350 h of shadowing.

My application was submitted in July and completed (with DAT score and LOR) Oct 10.

Stats:
Dat 22AA 21TS 21PAT

Have 1900 h of research. Leadership tasks and activities.Total of around 350 h of shadowing.

It's impossible for anyone to say you're likely to be interviewed at a specific school or not, unless they are on the committee of said school.
Seems likely you will get or have gotten interviews SOMEWHERE, but specifically BU? Who knows.
How is your volunteering?

Stats:
Dat 22AA 21TS 21PAT

You'll probably get a post-dec invite since your app was completed really late. Your stats/ECs are really impressive.

Received an interview today (November 6)!

App. complete: August 2
Interview date: January 23
DAT: 22 AA, 23 TS

I also received an invite today for late Jan.

Its kinda weird, on the 2015-2016 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools it said they interviewed 160 people out of state and accepted 182 out of state???? which made the percent of interviewed accepted 114% lol.

Also am I right to assume that post December interviews inherently have a lower % chance of acceptance compared to pre December?

I also received an interview today for January 19th, 2018! I am very glad to have the interview and if anyone else is going on that date, let me know.

Stats
GPA: 3.67
DAT: 24AA, 21TS

Has literally 1 canadian or international been given an invite here? In previous years I would see so many more canadian invites. Just my luck when I apply...

Has literally 1 canadian or international been given an invite here? In previous years I would see so many more canadian invites. Just my luck when I apply...
Tell me about it !! :(

Should a person with an average stat apply here at this time? or should just not bother...it seems like those with an interview here have outstanding stats so far.

Should a person with an average stat apply here at this time? or should just not bother...it seems like those with an interview here have outstanding stats so far.
It’s late to apply unfortunately:(

Don't worry, if you have great stats, you're likely to get an interview post December

Don't worry, if you have great stats, you're likely to get an interview post December

I don't have "great" stats (3.4gpa 20ts 19aa), but I think I have a strong overall application. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. My friend who applied to BU few years ago never even got a reject email lol..

I don't have "great" stats (3.4gpa 20ts 19aa), but I think I have a strong overall application. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. My friend who applied to BU few years ago never even got a reject email lol..
We litterally have the exact same stat and looking to apply here but I think I might just be wasting $$ applying sadly

We litterally have the exact same stat and looking to apply here but I think I might just be wasting $$ applying sadly

Well I figured applying really early would help my case, but guess not since I've seen some who got invites and completed app early october..

Well I figured applying really early would help my case, but guess not since I've seen some who got invites and completed app early october..[/QUOTE

same here. Applied in Aug (kinda late) but haven't heard back yet. Thankfully I've had three other interviews

Your stats are not too far off the average. People who interview in the spring do definitely get in as well.

Hey, I've applied to a few schools, but am considering adding this one just now. I haven't heard back from any schools yet.
My stats are (idk how relevant this info is for this post but it seems standard to provide it) -- 3.42 sGPA, 3.50 oGPA, 23AA/25TS/23PAT
Does anyone have any feedback for if I should even bother applying this late? I think I would be happy at Boston but I don't know how that looks on AADSAS, considering all the universities can see what schools I've applied to/see that I applied to BU pretty last minute.
Oh, and congrats on everyone who got their interviews!! :clap: Thanks for any feedback you guys have :)

Hey, I've applied to a few schools, but am considering adding this one just now. I haven't heard back from any schools yet.
My stats are (idk how relevant this info is for this post but it seems standard to provide it) -- 3.42 sGPA, 3.50 oGPA, 23AA/25TS/23PAT
Does anyone have any feedback for if I should even bother applying this late? I think I would be happy at Boston but I don't know how that looks on AADSAS, considering all the universities can see what schools I've applied to/see that I applied to BU pretty last minute.
Oh, and congrats on everyone who got their interviews!! :clap: Thanks for any feedback you guys have :)
Wait schools can see which schools we applied to?

It's impossible for anyone to say you're likely to be interviewed at a specific school or not, unless they are on the committee of said school.
Seems likely you will get or have gotten interviews SOMEWHERE, but specifically BU? Who knows.
How is your volunteering?
Volunteering is Ok I assume. Volunteered in a dental clinic as an administrative member. Maybe its like this since I'm a Canadian applicant.

Volunteering is Ok I assume. Volunteered in a dental clinic as an administrative member. Maybe its like this since I'm a Canadian applicant.
Dental schools like to see public service volunteering. If the only thing you have is being an administrative member, that may be a weak point on your application. Again, no one really knows though.

Status
Not open for further replies.