**Official 2021 Periodontics PASS/Interviews/Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how schools calculate acceptance ratio? for instance, NYU's Ratio of Acceptances to Applicants is 1:11 according to perio.org
Does it mean that NYU interviewed 11 applicants for 1 spot or just applicants in general?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
[Yes I did, and you?
International dentist. USA- work as a dental assistant to a general dentist for 2 years, assisted to a periodontist for a year, dental hygienist licensed and work for 7 months, now at AEGD. pART 1, Part 2, Toefl 100.

[Yes I did, and you?
International dentist. USA- work as a dental assistant to a general dentist for 2 years, assisted to a periodontist for a year, dental hygienist licensed and work for 7 months, now at AEGD. pART 1, Part 2, Toefl 100.
Great. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I'm applying for perio residency this year and I received 4 interviews.
Should I be contacting program directors about my interest in this program? is it allowed? should i be silent and waiting till match day?

I would reference the email that Match sent out about appropriate correspondence and make your best judgement. But more than likely your programs have already determined their rank list.

Hello fellow doctors, What is ‘conditionally accepted’ means?
You got in. Congrats. Its conditional cuz its pending meeting eligibility criteria like finances, background check, etc...

Thank you for your quick response. I was wondering because I only applied to schools that participate in Match.

Respectfully, that would imply one of the programs broke their Match contract, which would potentially remove them from the ability to use Match in the future, so I think you've mistakenly applied to a non-Match program. Which school was it?

It was kinda vague, there was a list of schools that might request

It wasn’t from a specific school. I thought it was from the Match program.
Match results will be released officially on November 20th. You should only be receiving submit rank list reminders etc. before that date, but nothing telling you, that you have been conditionally accepted. On November 20th when MATCH results are released it is very clear as to whether you matched with a program or not. Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else interview at either Nebraska or Tennessee? Looking to get some opinions from other interviewees. Please send a DM if you feel comfortable.

Did anyone else interview at either Nebraska or Tennessee? Looking to get some opinions from other interviewees. Please send a DM if you feel comfortable.

I did at both places but your profile setting does not allow DMs.

Has anyone sent emails expressing interest to programs you interviewed at? Is it necessary to match or a good idea? Is it frowned upon? I want programs to know that I am ranking them at #1 or #2 but don't want to jeopardize anything.

As per the match you can express your interest but should not disclose your ranking order. Please check the rules once before writing. Just to be careful.

The due date is in a week, I highly doubt an email from a candidate is going to change the rank order a program submits and they likely submitted them already.

Has anyone sent emails expressing interest to programs you interviewed at? Is it necessary to match or a good idea? Is it frowned upon? I want programs to know that I am ranking them at #1 or #2 but don't want to jeopardize anything.
A thank you or follow up email is nice to receive, but not necessary. Completely up to you. Agree that most schools have submitted their rank lists already.

I already sent all of my thank you's but did not know if another follow up was a good idea. I had heard from a resident during one of my interviews that you "have to play the game" which worried me, as after the interviews and writing a thank you I haven't done anything else.

I think this year has felt extraordinarily long and consequently is messing with a lot of people, but don’t let what that resident said get to you. Look at it from the perspective of a program.

If they didn’t like you (Person A) and liked another candidate (Person B), no amount of thank yous or alluding to ranking them #1 will change that. If they liked Person A but liked Person B slightly more and received an alluding email from A and not B... they will still put B ahead because if B also ranks them high they get the “better” candidate, and if B matches elseware then they get A, who they still liked.

You were genuine in your interview, you expressed your interest in your interview and thank you notes, you HAVE played the game. Now we all just get to be miserable for two weeks waiting for match results

Reactions: 2 users
I think this year has felt extraordinarily long and consequently is messing with a lot of people, but don’t let what that resident said get to you. Look at it from the perspective of a program.

If they didn’t like you (Person A) and liked another candidate (Person B), no amount of thank yous or alluding to ranking them #1 will change that. If they liked Person A but liked Person B slightly more and received an alluding email from A and not B... they will still put B ahead because if B also ranks them high they get the “better” candidate, and if B matches elseware then they get A, who they still liked.

You were genuine in your interview, you expressed your interest in your interview and thank you notes, you HAVE played the game. Now we all just get to be miserable for two weeks waiting for match results
Agree with aporzio.me, I'm a current resident and my program is not into games. We want genuine people with integrity who are team players. I want to spend my residency with people who are honest. All the best and good luck :)

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, I have questions regarding POst-Match? Let's say that I don't match any school, how do I get in contact with Directors of non matched schools? Do I send them an email, call them? And do I submit pass application for those non - match schools so they can see my application or I send them everything through email?
I appreciate every response, and let's comment and discuss post-match options so we can get ready for that day?
Thanks in advance.

Guys, am I correct to say that programs do not submit their list of desirable candidates to MATCH until after Nov 13th?
Thanks

Guys, am I correct to say that programs do not submit their list of desirable candidates to MATCH until after Nov 13th?
Thanks
13th is the deadline so anytime before that. Obviously they will not wait till the last day

Guys, I have questions regarding POst-Match? Let's say that I don't match any school, how do I get in contact with Directors of non matched schools? Do I send them an email, call them? And do I submit pass application for those non - match schools so they can see my application or I send them everything through email?
I appreciate every response, and let's comment and discuss post-match options so we can get ready for that day?
Thanks in advance.
Email your complete application and remind them with a call. Post match is between you and the school no need for a formal application via ADEA PASS.

Email your complete application and remind them with a call. Post match is between you and the school no need for a formal application via ADEA PASS.
How does one get the complete application from PASS?

Is there a specific time that results are out? And how will we be notified if we match? Do we check the match website or are results directly sent to our emails?

Is there a specific time that results are out? And how will we be notified if we match? Do we check the match website or are results directly sent to our emails?
When I did GPR match two years ago it was 7am CST, sent to my email.

It says 12pm ET but not sure if we will get an email or its best to check the match website.

It says 12pm ET but not sure if we will get an email or its best to check the match website.
You should receive an email. I received an an email I think around 8am EST.

I'm matched! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Can anyone send available Post-Match programs ?
it would be very helpful

Hello everyone,
Congratulations for those who got acceptance!
Did anyone has any idea about Upenn if they already sent the acceptance letter?

matched, i can finish my final year in peace.

Hey guys , Congratulations to everyone who all matched. Are there any international dentists here accepted to the programs? Can you please share the details like what program and where and something about your profile? It might help us to the ones who did not match this year, for the next years application.
Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving!

does anyone know what colors the different perio programs wear for scrubs?

does anyone know what colors the different perio programs wear for scrubs?
My program any colour, style, pattern you want. Ask your program. Is it a deal breaker if they say blue only? ;)