**Official 2021 Periodontics PASS/Interviews/Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Perio programs in canada don't participate in the match and... i just got into my first choice! best feeling!! :D
good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PENDING:

UCLA

University of Minnesota

Case Western university

Temple university

Medical University of South Carolina

West Virginia

Apparently West Virginia sent out interview invites late September.

Reactions: 1 user
PENDING:

UCLA

University of Minnesota - someone on this forum heard they sent it out already

Case Western university

Temple university

UCLA

University of Minnesota - someone on this forum heard they sent it out already

Case Western university

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u know is this for international students also or only americans ?! Are they sending more invitations ?! When will be your interview ?!
They’ve just sent out for domestics, they haven’t sent out for international yet.

Hey guys!
So If I don’t get any interview is and the match start, is that mean don’t waste my time I won’t get any school?
Do you have to get an interview in order to get to rank on the match ?
Hope some explain the process
Thank you

Hey guys!
So If I don’t get any interview is and the match start, is that mean don’t waste my time I won’t get any school?
Do you have to get an interview in order to get to rank on the match ?
Hope some explain the process
Thank you
My understanding is that a program will only rank candidates that it interviewed and liked.
But if you applied to a program and they have a post-match spot (not enough of their interviewees ranked them high enough to fill their spots) then you have the ability to request they consider your application for that spot.

Does anyone know if MUSC sent out invites? It's one of the last schools still in the dark on this forum and I haven't heard anything elsewhere.

My understanding is that a program will only rank candidates that it interviewed and liked.
But if you applied to a program and they have a post-match spot (not enough of their interviewees ranked them high enough to fill their spots) then you have the ability to request they consider your application for that spot.
Thank you for clarifying this, but can we submit a rank list of the institutions that we applied to, but didn’t get an interview from ?

Does anyone know if MUSC sent out invites? It's one of the last schools still in the dark on this forum and I haven't heard anything elsewhere.
I still haven’t heard from them. I sent an email about 10 days ago checking in and also received no reply. It seems super strange that no one has heard a word from them this far into the cycle

Any idea if more perio candidates are being interviewed this year as its online or less?

Thank you for clarifying this, but can we submit a rank list of the institutions that we applied to, but didn’t get an interview from ?
Sure, you have the ability to rank any school you applied to, but it will do absolutely no good because you won’t be ranked on their end. Your best option is to wait to see what post match spots are available and be ready with a digital copy of your entire application to send as soon as you’ve contacted the program because they go quickly.

Reactions: 1 users
Any idea if more perio candidates are being interviewed this year as its online or less?
Some have kept it the exact same number. Some have interviewed a ton more since they could take advantage of the virtual style. I don’t think any have interviewed less.

Sure, you have the ability to rank any school you applied to, but it will do absolutely no good because you won’t be ranked on their end. Your best option is to wait to see what post match spots are available and be ready with a digital copy of your entire application to send as soon as you’ve contacted the program because they go quickly.
Thank you, and what about the letters of recommendations and the forms that were filled in by our evaluators? that was all electronic and I don't have the access to it. can you please guide me about that too? I will be highly grateful

Thank you, and what about the letters of recommendations and the forms that were filled in by our evaluators? that was all electronic and I don't have the access to it. can you please guide me about that too? I will be highly grateful
I’ve never done this but I believe every school is different in how they fill their post match spots. You basically contact them and they’ll direct you on how they’re going to fill their spots but the less you have to scramble to get the things you have (CV, transcripts, etc) the better. If you applied to the school through PASS but didn’t interview with them than I imagine they’ll just pull your application for consideration.

Reactions: 1 users
Had a friend tell me that Texas AM sent out a second batch of interviews. Has anyone else heard this?

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptance from BU!

I remember some where mentioned in the group that UT san Antonio has send rejections? was this for initial application cycle or was it after interviews was done ?

I remember some where mentioned in the group that UT san Antonio has send rejections? was this for initial application cycle or was it after interviews was done ?
I think you're asking whether they sent rejections to people they interviewed, which they didn't. They sent rejections to everyone else that applied that was not invited to interview.

I would like to ask those who had an interview with OSU, Did they asked about the match number? And do you know how would they rank their applicants while they are not participating in PASS and they didn’t ask about the match number?

Do you know how many international students they interview for one spot?