Official 2014-2015 Pulm/CCM Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crap I just saw you replied to my question. Yes definitely a CC junkie.

Hm. Well I'm not familiar with all the programs but NYU, SLU, and Baylor(CC) would be the ones I'd stick at the top of that list.

Ultimately though go with your gut.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should send it..whether you get a response or not I imagine will be variable.

Program coordinators already entered their ranking list in eras and it really doesn't matter at this point.

Tomorrow is the deadline for submitting rank list. Just a friendly reminder not to make last minute changes as I remember the server being down for hours on the last day during residency match. All the best!!

Last edited:
Good luck everybody, thanks for all the advice and input. Hope everyone matches to the program of their choice. This last month is going to be agonizing lol...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Good luck everybody, thanks for all the advice and input. Hope everyone matches to the program of their choice. This last month is going to be agonizing lol...
Hopefully there were fewer applicants this year, and everyone gets to match!
The places that revealed their # of applications had on an average 280-300 each. Don't know how much of a change that is from previous years.
Here's wishing everyone ALL THE BEST and that December 3rd is a high-fivin' kinda day for all.. :highfive:

Reactions: 1 user
Very different brah! Go to the store now and let me know what you think after a quick taste test..

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, I'm really enjoying these!

Okay I certified list and I'm leaving it alone now

NYU
Montefiore
NSLIJ
Stony Brook
SLU
Winthrop
Tulane
NBIMC

Last edited:
Can it be December 3 please..... I need a tranquilizer!!!

So what are we going to talk about for the next couple weeks? Or is it going to be quiet on here.

Maybe discuss a show you are into these days?
The Walking Dead for sure, Season 5 is just been a killer! Honestly this show has done well to prepare me for the Zombie Apocalypse. Got to say being a doctor is a huge commodity in the apocalyptic world.

Also been burning through Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Aziz Ansari is the man!

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe discuss a show you are into these days?
The Walking Dead for sure, Season 5 is just been a killer! Honestly this show has done well to prepare me for the Zombie Apocalypse. Got to say being a doctor is a huge commodity in the apocalyptic world.

Also been burning through Parks and Recreation on Netflix. Aziz Ansari is the man!
Knope for president!

I saw one unfortunate applicant spill coffee all over the front of hit very nice looking grey suit.

But other than that my interview trail was fairly unremarkable.

I saw one unfortunate applicant spill coffee all over the front of hit very nice looking grey suit.

But other than that my interview trail was fairly unremarkable.
OMG! we were at that interview together! small world....

Interview trail bloopers?
There is always the very aggressive question asking candidate who makes everyone uncomfortable. Those folks are good for creating a sense of unity among the rest of the candidates as we makes eye contact under raised eyebrows at his utter lack of social skills.

Yes :) Also ran into Dr Gray Suit a couple of times..nice guy, just an unfortunate day. Honestly I didn't even notice until he pointed it out..

I'm having a lot of fun listening to the crazy things IM residency applicants are doing from our admin staff.... sending songs, portraits of faculty memebrs they've interviewed with, personalized Thank You cards, making weird comments...obviously it just makes them DNR - Do Not Rank!

There is always the very aggressive question asking candidate who makes everyone uncomfortable. Those folks are good for creating a sense of unity among the rest of the candidates as we makes eye contact under raised eyebrows at his utter lack of social skills.
One weird recurrent thing that I always seemed to hear when I was interviewing for Residency was.. " Do you have a gym?", " Do you have a sim center?"

Yes, i immediately disregard the overly eager candidate who asks how many fellows end up getting their "K". I'm sure its something important to you, but wait for you interviews. We get it, you are into research, congratulations.

Yes :) Also ran into Dr Gray Suit a couple of times..nice guy, just an unfortunate day. Honestly I didn't even notice until he pointed it out..

I'm having a lot of fun listening to the crazy things IM residency applicants are doing from our admin staff.... sending songs, portraits of faculty memebrs they've interviewed with, personalized Thank You cards, making weird comments...obviously it just makes them DNR - Do Not Rank!

What's wrong with personalized thank you cards? The photos would make me want to enter the witness protection program, and songs?!? Really?!?! That's so bad it's good.

What's wrong with personalized thank you cards? The photos would make me want to enter the witness protection program, and songs?!? Really?!?! That's so bad it's good.
The guy had cards made for him - a huge picture of him smiling at you from the inside left of the card. Apparently one guy had his picture and little dialogue bubble like things surrounding him, with each listing an accomplishment...jaw dropping stuff. I don't know HOW people come up with these ideas and WHAT they're thinking when they do...doofuses!

The guy had cards made for him - a huge picture of him smiling at you from the inside left of the card. Apparently one guy had his picture and little dialogue bubble like things surrounding him, with each listing an accomplishment...jaw dropping stuff. I don't know HOW people come up with these ideas and WHAT they're thinking when they do...doofuses!
Hahaha! This made my morning. Amazing.

Epic failure. We sit around doing the same thing with our IM applicants. On another note I accepted an osteopathic offer for pulm cc yesterday. Getting to go back west after 3 years in Chicago. Its been a stressful few months but glad it's over. Good luck to everyone.

Just wondering guys, what are people using to study for IM boards? Just got back my inservice score, and it's not pretty. Maybe a good kick in the pants for me to start studying....

Just wondering guys, what are people using to study for IM boards? Just got back my inservice score, and it's not pretty. Maybe a good kick in the pants for me to start studying....

For me , mksap seemed to have everything. Browsed through board basic a day before inservice and it was high yield. Percentile in the 90s.

I still plan to take awesome board review class in June however.

For me , mksap seemed to have everything. Browsed through board basic a day before inservice and it was high yield. Percentile in the 90s.

I still plan to take awesome board review class in June however.

Thanks Articuate, ya I have not touched mksap so far in residency. I will start doing the q's...

I went through all the med study and mksap questions three times. Even got a good score that way. No +90th%ile or anything but better than average. Lol.

I went through all the med study and mksap questions three times. Even got a good score that way. No +90th%ile or anything but better than average. Lol.

That is good to hear. I have the med study videos, and mksap q's. Maybe after I burn through mksap I will buy the med study q's also. Thanks bro.

I did all the MKSAP questions and repeated all the ones I got wrong. A few weeks before the boards I started reading through Board Basics 3. Initially with the MKSAP I did them in tutor mode but a few weeks before the exam I started doing the questions timed, though time really wasn't an issue on the actual exam. Overall, I thought the real thing was fairly similar to MKSAP. I ended up getting a pretty nice score, though it's too bad it didn't translate into a higher salary.

I did all the MKSAP questions and repeated all the ones I got wrong. A few weeks before the boards I started reading through Board Basics 3. Initially with the MKSAP I did them in tutor mode but a few weeks before the exam I started doing the questions timed, though time really wasn't an issue on the actual exam. Overall, I thought the real thing was fairly similar to MKSAP. I ended up getting a pretty nice score, though it's too bad it didn't translate into a higher salary.
Hmmm I don't know.......I thought the exam was closer to UWORLD than MKSAP. I recommend doing UWORLD internal medicine questions twice and MKSAP questions twice. Do MKSAP closer to exam. It will give you more confidence.

So Wake Forest prematched both positions! Does anyone else know of any other places that have prematched candidates?

So Wake Forest prematched both positions! Does anyone else know of any other places that have prematched candidates?
I thought they have 4 spots in the match? Are you referring to the CCM only fellowship...

Last edited:
How does one even find out what programs prematched positions. Is that stuff reported?

How does one even find out what programs prematched positions. Is that stuff reported?

Under program directory, you can see how many positions they have for the match. If it is fewer than what they originally told you or in the website, they have filled it through prematch.