Nuclear Board 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

House of Cards

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did my exam last week and passed comfortably [results are released after you finish your exam; it will be in a print out from the Pearson center you get before you leave]

Total prep time
5 weekends [I am full time attending, so it was tough to find time during the weekdays]

Resources:
1) Selected lectures from ASNC board review series
-Production and Management of Radionuclides and Radiopharmaceuticals
-Basic of radiation safety
-Nuclear protocol
-Instrumentation- SPECT and PET
-Instrumentation-Quality Control
-SPECT Cases
-PET Cases
-Amyloidosis
-Sarcoidosis
-Artifact Recognition

Some of the other lectures are over kill and too detailed e.g. Radionuclide angiocardiography or too superficial/not related to the exam e.g. Nuclear Integration in Multimodality Imaging

2)Questions
-Board Vitals ~300 questions
-ASNC practice questions [that comes with the board review course] ~300 questions, very high yield.
- Board of Nuclear Cardiology Certification Practice Test ~30 questions [45$, you can purchase it when you login to your account on APCA.org, it doesnt give you the correct answer, just the score at the end. Screen shot the questions so you can review them later]
-I did buy Jaber question book, but didnt have the time to go through it. I heard good things about it

Difficulty:
I did the Echo, CT, vascular and general cardiology. This was the easiest exam. [but don't get me wrong you still need to read for it]

Exam Experience:
-160 questions in one block,you have 4 hours to go through them. This is plenty of time as majority are short questions.
-No scheduled break, but you can take unscheduled break. You cannot leave the testing center or access your stuff during the break.
-I felt there is a lot of theoretical questions but should be covered mostly on the lectures and question banks. The images were straight forward and no weird stuff.

Good luck to all of you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I also just sit for this exam and pass comfortably
I did the ascn video (agree that some videos are overkills , especially when they goes over specific studies. I usually just skip to the main points/concept), ascn practice test, and jaber question books
I will add that jaber seldomly has some conflicting answers compared to ascn, which then i usually defer to ascn