General Cardiology Boards 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please keep retweeting..only few retweets but several hundred views.....
I don’t understand this part. Most of them just viewed??? One must fail this garbage exam first in order to start some actions ??

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t understand this part. Most of them just viewed??? One must fail this garbage exam first in order to start some actions ??

That's issue with doctors. We feel there is too much to lose and if we make too much noise it may hurt us. Should see how much noise nurses make to push and advocate for their profession..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Again, the problem is that the majority of people will pass and so those who don't have to navigate a cloud of shame/ don't want to talk about it. Our community can be quite judgmental of those who do not pass, and often forget that doctors are humans too, navigating families and jobs with hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans and likely no savings at this point in their career. Those that pass move on because they're relieved and exhausted. Those who don't get diagnosed with depression (or, more likely, self-cope because there is still a stigma surrounding behavioral health diagnoses, especially with credentialing and state licensure), spend 5k plus on study materials and another 2.5k to take the test again, spend weeks away from family trying to re-study while balancing job demands, and hope they guess right the second go-around.

Reactions: 1 user
One method of persuasion that can be used, especially by cardiologists, is to gently inform the "turncoat" cardiologists that are in the ABIM organization that they will no longer socially included within the profession at conferences and events. Being socially ostracized is a great motivator. Take a page out of the nurses playbook and turn the back :)

One method of persuasion that can be used, especially by cardiologists, is to gently inform the "turncoat" cardiologists that are in the ABIM organization that they will no longer socially included within the profession at conferences and events. Being socially ostracized is a great motivator. Take a page out of the nurses playbook and turn the back :)
The problem with this approach is that if you look at cardiologists in ABIM organization. Most of them are essentially nobody in cardiology professional societies. Most of them are not even prominent or well-known cardiologists by any means. They would not care anyway and who knows how much ABIM pay them legally and possibly off the record.

Just checked ABIM website, the call center not available! Is this pre release 🤔 ?

Just checked ABIM website, the call center not available! Is this pre release 🤔 ?

Nah call center has been on and off for past several weeks. They had day off yesterday afternoon.

I honestly find it so hard to understand and accept, that after all the hard work we did and intense long training we went through in addition to all the efforts to be where we are, to become cardiologists, and many of us even sub-specializing with more advanced fellowships! Why after all of that, we have to pay $2500 to take an exam of such a terrible quality over 2 days and in addition to be in this terrible wait for that disaster exam result for 2+ months now, with all the negative effects that it may carry / have on our future!?

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly I’m so over this entire ABIM organization. They care zero for cardiologists and people who take their tests. All of this has clearly been shown to be a money grab. No transparency at all despite all of the people contacting them. And a final slap in the face to keep releasing all other board scores except ours including releasing the cardiology MOC.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly I’m so over this entire ABIM organization. They care zero for cardiologists and people who take their tests. All of this has clearly been shown to be a money grab. No transparency at all despite all of the people contacting them. And a final slap in the face to keep releasing all other board scores except ours including releasing the cardiology MOC.
ABIM is a money scam organization. They know it very well and take advantage of doctors who generate very high incomes and have no time/incentive to expose them. Their business model is just that. They use our money to lobby healthcare organizations and promote their garbage process. The obvious error this year will be the last straw.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I don’t think being in the week before the holidays will mean they gonna release for sure, however is possible they will! I don’t think any rule or expectation with them will be valid at this point! The only hard rule we had was the historic 5 weeks mark from day 2, but since that was so long time ago and no release yet, so can be any day any time, and who knows maybe up to January 12th!

Think all this was in retaliation against cardiologists for submitting a bid to create their own board certification?

They have up to 3 months to release per their website. They clearly have the scores already but aren't releasing them because they're doing their due diligence. Only a few more weeks left before they reach their 3 month mark and holidays coming up in last 2 weeks.

Think all this was in retaliation against cardiologists for submitting a bid to create their own board certification?
No because it isn't really affecting the people that decided to do that and is only pushing the "potentially" new board certified cardiologists further away.

They have up to 3 months to release on their website. They clearly have the scores already but aren't releasing them because they're doing their due diligence. Only a few more weeks left before they reach their 3 month mark and holidays coming up in last 2 weeks.
I mean who is to say that they don't take longer than 3 months at this point?

Reactions: 1 users
They have the scores already in November but they are just playing games and making sure they can handle all lawsuits that might come up. ABIM is not a transparent organization, and we should not expect good things from them.

They have up to 3 months to release per their website. They clearly have the scores already but aren't releasing them because they're doing their due diligence. Only a few more weeks left before they reach their 3 month mark and holidays coming up in last 2 weeks.
If they did not do due diligence with exam questions how can you expect they will do it with scores. They are just taking time to get their ducks in a row because there are definitely going to be litigation. They want us to suffer waiting pain for results because we wanted to do ABIM cardiology board exam certification which was crap, full of ****ty questions that tortured lots of cardiologists...shame on ABIM

If they did not do due diligence with exam questions how can you expect they will do it with scores. They are just taking time to get their ducks in a row because there are definitely going to be litigation. They want us to suffer waiting pain for results because we wanted to do ABIM cardiology board exam certification which was crap, full of ****ty questions that tortured lots of cardiologists...shame on ABIM

Due diligence to protect themselves from liability. Not due diligence for us and our scores. They already have our scores but are not releasing them until their lawyers give them the go ahead.

Due diligence to protect themselves from liability. Not due diligence for us and our scores. They already have our scores but are not releasing them until their lawyers give them the go ahead.

Bingo. There is literally no good reason to release the scores earlier than the last date. They’re going to meet with the lawyers and go over this again and again until they’ve minimized all liability. I bet the scores come out week 12

Does anyone have a higher up contact at ACC or SCAI for them to discuss this with? Very unjust to a large community of physicians like us

we all should pursue litigation for ABIM. so we can expose them for their garbage exam. They have to disclose all answers of those poor quality ECGs, echos and caths as well as how to code them their ways. We all know they dont want that as the answers would be incorrect and stupid.

we all should pursue litigation for ABIM. so we can expose them for their garbage exam. They have to disclose all answers of those poor quality ECGs, echos and caths as well as how to code them their ways. We all know they dont want that as the answers would be incorrect and stupid.

No one even retweeted posts above, most people are going to pass and move on and pass the issue onto next year cohort as it's been happening now for decades..it's sad

Called ABIM again this morning, “ she said results are delayed due to some questions issues as you probably know and were throughly reviewed & am sure you must had got email about some of those questions too. I know they are now being prepared to release but can’t tell you exactly when” could be this week or early Jan!! Nothing more

Called ABIM again this morning, “ she said results are delayed due to some questions issues as you probably know and were throughly reviewed & am sure you must had got email about some of those questions too. I know they are now being prepared to release but can’t tell you exactly when” could be this week or early Jan!! Nothing more
interesting

They are off Friday to Tuesday, so if the do the same for new year, then only 3 possible ABIM working days left to release in December (tomorrow, next Wednesday, next Thursday)!

No one even retweeted posts above, most people are going to pass and move on and pass the issue onto next year cohort as it's been happening now for decades..it's sad
Very sad... No one cares to improve the community. Most people just wanted to follow this BS rule that they created to be the great "board certified" (does not prove anything good for patient care). That is why ABIM is still here despite their garbage exams because most people just endorse them and move on for decades...

Very sad... No one cares to improve the community. Most people just wanted to follow this BS rule that they created to be the great "board certified" (does not prove anything good for patient care). That is why ABIM is still here despite their garbage exams because most people just endorse them and move on for decades...
I feel u man..

Results are out. Congratulations to all that passed! Please be kind to those that didn’t. Just because the majority of us passed doesn’t make that exam any less poorly written.

Scores out. Failed day two. Not sure how. I scored all my ekg identical to two other fellows

Passed! Nevertheless, I’ll give my support to changing to ACC hands

suck but any idea on recheck helping?I failed day 1 by 7 points...did very well on day 2..its ****ed up

To those that passed day 2 with high marks. Can you please provide guidance for future test takers and retakers on how to code angiograms and echoes. Did you code everything?

Passed but that exam means nothing and has absolutely no correlation to your ability to be a cardiologist. Will avoid giving ABIM any more money in the future and am looking forward to a new CV board.

To those that passed day 2 with high marks. Can you please provide guidance for future test takers and retakers on how to code angiograms and echoes. Did you code everything?

Overall I would say minimalist coding is the way to code. Only code the obvious pathology. Do not code normal findings as they are at best +0, at worst -1.

Angiograms were tricky. Take the time to look for additional pathology like late filling collaterals etc. I coded more pathology than my colleagues and I think that was in my benefit. But still, only coding frank pathology, not moderate disease etc.