General Cardiology Boards 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So the consensus is don't overcode ECG but overcode echo and cath?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Whether you over or under code, you have to get most of the major diagnosis correct.

I scored 680 on day one. For day two, I watched Mayo videos for coding, and I may have over-coded EKGs. Still, I passed day two by the thinnest of margins; it's ridiculous; I could have failed just because of this ****ty way of assessing knowledge about echo, EKGs, and caths.

Members don't see this ad :)
I scored 680 on day one. For day two, I watched Mayo videos for coding, and I may have over-coded EKGs. Still, I passed day two by the thinnest of margins; it's ridiculous; I could have failed just because of this ****ty way of assessing knowledge about echo, EKGs, and caths.
Congratulations on passing. Any advice for day 1? I failed day one by a thin margin

Whether you over or under code, you have to get most of the major diagnosis correct.
I got all the major diagnosis. And still failed day 2 when I’ve passed all my other exams including day 1 with a greater than 95th percentile score!!

I honestly thought I'd fail day # 2, since I was the recipient of their blasphemy mistake. I passed, but I agree there is no transparency on how to prepare for day #2. Even Mayo doesnt know. For the cost of this exam, the time spent studying for it such mistakes are unacceptable. I'll recommend watching Mayo coding sheet, ecgonline and okeefe which really prepared me.

I honestly thought I'd fail day # 2, since I was the recipient of their blasphemy mistake. I passed, but I agree there is no transparency on how to prepare for day #2. Even Mayo doesnt know. For the cost of this exam, the time spent studying for it such mistakes are unacceptable. I'll recommend watching Mayo coding sheet, ecgonline and okeefe which really prepared me.
The worse part is having to do this all over and compromise everything else in life for nearly one more year after so much we already done..but I guess that is life 😜

Congratulations on passing. Any advice for day 1? I failed day one by a thin margin
This is my 3rd attempt. Getting a rescore is useless in the past, they just pocket the money. I finally passed this time. Day 1 will be fine as long as you do the Mayo course and all accsap question. I finally figured out day 2 after three years of taking it, coding is very simplistic, don’t over think or overcode. You see a vsd, say what type it is and move on, nothing else. ECG with wpw you say sinus and wpw and move on. Angiogram only pathology you see and nothing else. Keep it simple.

Reactions: 2 users
This is my 3rd attempt. Getting a rescore is useless in the past, they just pocket the money. I finally passed this time. Day 1 will be fine as long as you do the Mayo course and all accsap question. I finally figured out day 2 after three years of taking it, coding is very simplistic, don’t over think or overcode. You see a vsd, say what type it is and move on, nothing else. ECG with wpw you say sinus and wpw and move on. Angiogram only pathology you see and nothing else. Keep it simple.
Thank you for sharing!

Hi everyone! I am looking for a SP. Anyone interested?

Kind of surprised
They released exam pass rates for 2023. Pass rate was 86%, same as last 3 years. A little ridiculous that even with their screw ups the pass rate didn't change at all. Suspicious

Kind of surprised
They released exam pass rates for 2023. Pass rate was 86%, same as last 3 years. A little ridiculous that even with their screw ups the pass rate didn't change at all. Suspicious
Yup saw that as well. Still very low and still the same. Would imagine sth like over 90s after all

What resources did you study for day 2 of the cardiology boards?

What board review courses are available? There is only ACCSAP and Mayo, right? Mayo seems like it's overkill. thanks!

What board review courses are available? There is only ACCSAP and Mayo, right? Mayo seems like it's overkill. thanks!
Why do you say it's overkill? It's a comprehensive review and needed for a good board review. Also, recommend using ECGSource and/or O'Keefe EKG for EKG coding practice.

Why do you say it's overkill? It's a comprehensive review and needed for a good board review. Also, recommend using ECGSource and/or O'Keefe EKG for EKG coding practice.
Are there any others? Just those two? Thanks