NSU-COM class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bgworm said:
I think ol mu'Scles email today to the list serve was the gayest thing I have ever seen :laugh:
Where can I sign up for that frat? :thumbdown:
dude, regardless of who that was directed to, it had ultimate douchebag written all over it.

Members don't see this ad.

When i read that email I was like...WTF

Then I read the "mu'scles" part and I seriously laughed my ass off. I am sure Dr. W is going to LOVE that as part of his morning coffee and email reading time.

I agree with Hoody and bgworm on that one.

20hrs and counting...

Members don't see this ad :)
Fin-Nor said:
20hrs and counting...

I was at the library when it opened and I'll be here all day...yeee haw.

thank god my laptop is connected to the internet and I have my NFL.com score updates while I look up cool physio answers on http://www.cvphysiology.com/index.html

woooooo

check out sportsline.com

updates nfl every 15sec or so.

It's nice to have dropped from the #1 spot on Dr. W's **** list. :)

Time for an extended dinner break. My brain's about to jump out of my skull and run away for good.

Just give me the test, and let's get it over with. Robz, you got some K-Y I can borrow? (if Muscles and Iceman are done with it, of course).

-NS

From now on, everytime I feel good about a physio test after taking the exam I will just assume I did bad...................took one up the A$$ again. f school.

What if, on the final, I WRITE my name on my scantron, but BUBBLE IN

"F_UCK DR MAYROVITZ"

I know it would pisss him off, but what's the worst he could possibly do?

-NS

NotShorty said:
What if, on the final, I WRITE my name on my scantron, but BUBBLE IN

"F_K DR MAYROVITZ"

I know it would pisss him off, but what's the worst he could possibly do?

-NS

fail you again....j/k bro

well....as I thought I did well on this I got the exact thing I got on my last test.

Good thing ...its passing....

Bad thing...its not what I wanted.

Thank god I had enough KY for everyone in class....that ANS crap was NASTY!

just when you thought it would be over... one more heading our way...

i havent even looked at this stuff since teh day after the second test-- and this is cumulative too.

:rolleyes:

Check This Out!

if you're bored with biochem... see how far you can dish out the veriform appendix...

http://www.kuepper.internet-client.com/barney_dirk/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

btw, it's in some language, which i cannot read, but click on "spielen"

use the "up" arrow key to make the surgeon cut
then use the "down arrow key" for him to drop the appendix
use the "down" again to use the trash can to make it fly.

post your best scores... cant seem to get past 199

HoodyHoo said:
From now on, everytime I feel good about a physio test after taking the exam I will just assume I did bad...................took one up the A$$ again. f school.

Your not alone!! :mad:
I hate that feeling you have after a test when you think you crushed it and made it your bit@#. And then you find out youve been made the Bit@h. I hope theres a nasty curve!! There something like 45 people still failing after the this second test!! WTF?

Members don't see this ad :)
Fin-Nor said:
Check This Out!

if you're bored with biochem... see how far you can dish out the veriform appendix...

http://www.kuepper.internet-client.com/barney_dirk/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

btw, it's in some language, which i cannot read, but click on "spielen"

use the "up" arrow key to make the surgeon cut
then use the "down arrow key" for him to drop the appendix
use the "down" again to use the trash can to make it fly.

post your best scores... cant seem to get past 199

220.39!!!! did it in biochem today! It says WOMBAT on the door.

Robz said:

wow... i bow down to the king.

no.....will....to....study.....

football....on....tv.....

(and I'm going to see RENT today!!!!..great use of study time!)

Robz said:
no.....will....to....study.....

football....on....tv.....

(and I'm going to see RENT today!!!!..great use of study time!)

biochem...

omg this is the STUPIDEST subject ever. where do they pull these questions and answers out of? their ass?

physio? np. biochem? awww ****...

physio rocks biochem any day. even with Dr. T./M. or whomever.

9.5hrs and counting...

doc3341 said:
That test sucked!!
R U all really that stupid??? that test was SO F'ING EASY....
uh, yeah i'm joking, i got rocked on that test, and i'm getting rocked tonight....anyone smoke crack?? :scared:

HoodyHoo said:
R U all really that stupid??? that test was SO F'ING EASY....
uh, yeah i'm joking, i got rocked on that test, and i'm getting rocked tonight....anyone smoke crack?? :scared:

Hey all I have a few free drug rep toys I am selling to the highest bidder!

MUHAHAHAHHAHA. Actually I couldn't believe my ass when it was my freaking X that was on the back of my review sheet.

I entered the back of the room late to the second hour of Physio today and encountered a group of interviewees. I made eye contact, shook my head, and said "go to business school."

Of course, they just chuckled.

They don't know...
They don't know.

-NS

NotShorty said:
I entered the back of the room late to the second hour of Physio today and encountered a group of interviewees. I made eye contact, shook my head, and said "go to business school."

Of course, they just chuckled.

They don't know...
They don't know.

-NS

Stop it.. your scaring me!! :(

be skurred. m2's said biochem was going to be the easiest course that we would embark upon... curriculum must have changed on my ass. :eek:

and no, change is not welcomed in that aspect.

Look, the only thing I have learned from the M2's is: DONT LISTEN TO THE FRIGGIN M2's!

We were told that Taraskevich's midterm would be board-grade difficulty. It wasn't. It was pisss-ant details over undergrad level physio.

They said BioChem would be easy. Ha! They neglected to inform us that the BioChem dept wasn't going to TEACH us, and that the way to do well on tests was to study the old tests (not learn the material).

By the way, did everyone remember to evaluate the BioChem dept?! I just finished mine. Just to give you a taste; I listed Dr. Block's strength as "he has the strength to stay awake for an entire one of his own lectures." Oh, snap!!!

My opinion of the BC dept isn't really as harsh as I imply, but I've found that in this world, you can't bring about change by meekly saying "ahem...excuse me, could you please try a little harder?"

You've got to say "AAAA!!! GODDAMMTMTHRFCKR, YALL SUCKK!!!" :laugh:

Ah, med school. I love it, it sucks, it's awesome, I fukkin hate it.

-NS

OmedDOC said:
Stop it.. your scaring me!! :(

Bro, to sum it up so far: I'm more stressed out and overwhelmed than I was prepared for. But I'm also a million times happier than I've ever been. Honest.

Welcome to the family.

-NS

he tells it like it is...

NotShorty said:
Bro, to sum it up so far: I'm more stressed out and overwhelmed than I was prepared for. But I'm also a million times happier than I've ever been. Honest.

Welcome to the family.

-NS

I appreciate the honesty, thanks..

Robz said:

Whatever. 230.64 today, said "garage" on the door.

Smoking your crack,

Pushinepi2
Nova Southeastern University
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Class of 2005

I

following quotes represent arrogance

"Where does the baby grow???"

"lmao!!! but, what are platelets?"

"all I can say about that questions is....UGH...I can't believe it was even asked in class....."

you know who you are, names are not needed

get to know him

repent

however

the fraud with the handicap sticker is fair game

Ooooo! Who's got a handicapped sticker? I'd love one of those!

Right now, those dozens of handicapped spots in our parking garage are useless to me, except when I speed through them to avoid the speed bumps! :laugh:

-NS

mjdk said:
following quotes represent arrogance "Where does the baby grow???"get to know him repent

Ok, just to make sure we're talking about the same guy here. In cardiophys today, he asked a number of questions, the third of which elicited a collective "groan" from the class (there might have been more Q's, but I left...that's how I'm typing this now!)...anyway, THAT GUY?

My only problem with that guy is that he is occupying the seat of someone who is far more qualified to be in it. I know a number of our fine MBS students, and each of them has shown greater ability and intelligence than the person in question.

I do think that HE would be an excellent candidate for the MBS program. If he were to take all of these 1st year "core" classes twice, he would be much better equipped for the road ahead, and may even be one of the all-star students of his class.

As it stands now, the thought of him one day being a doctor terrifies the bejeezus out of me. :eek:

-NS

mjdk said:

"all I can say about that questions is....UGH...I can't believe it was even asked in class....."

get to know him

repent

however

One of those quotes is mine and is easily found on a search...I stand by it.

nice to know trolls are still around and you hide under a low post account. AWwwwwwwwww its so cute!

With that being said yes...there is/are those that have disability stickers for their cars that are in our class.

NS, you must be asking the wrong M2s :p I told everyone that asked me that if you wanted to do well on Dr. Ts test what you had to do is be able to recite his packet. It isnt hard, just nit-picky as hell. Also it is a different type of exam than most people are used to taking. Instead of reading the question, thinking of the answer, and then finding the answer within the choices, I recommend reading the question and then eliminating answers until you are left with one correct answer. I also tell everyone that they should ask five different M2s b/c they will get five different answers - the experience is different for everyone. As far as biochem goes, anyone that tells you to just memorize old tests is screwing you over - or rather, allowing you to screw yourself over. Yes, you do have to well on exams but what good is a great gpa if you dont remember or understand anything; you are here for a reason after all. Absolutely do the old exams but if you dont learn as you go, you will get regret it when boards come around. Two more weeks and you wil be finished with your first semester guys; hang in there! It goes much faster than you can imagine.

War Eagle,
AUdacious
NSUCOM Class of 2007

Robz said:
One of those quotes is mine and is easily found on a search...I stand by it.

nice to know trolls are still around and you hide under a low post account. AWwwwwwwwww its so cute!

With that being said yes...there is/are those that have disability stickers for their cars that are in our class.

your personal attacks are predictable

number of posts mean nothing

nor does the class's collective reaction

be a leader and realize that you cannot judge a person so quickly

most of the statements I have read are made with assumptions

you do not know his ability nor do you know who is qualified

you are not selection com.

I am not attacking you

mjdk said:
your personal attacks are predictable
number of posts mean nothing
nor does the class's collective reaction
be a leader and realize that you cannot judge a person so quickly
most of the statements I have read are made with assumptions
you do not know his ability nor do you know who is qualified
you are not selection com.
I am not attacking you

Awwwwwwwwwww he/she is so cute!!!!!!!!

P.S. you might want to read my posts again cause obviously your missing something in your evaluations and assumptions in more ways than you think

robz, when can i watch aladdin?

Fin-Nor said:
robz, when can i watch aladdin?

You should have come and watched it with me in the back today in anatomy...

tell you what, we'll watch it during Dr. Tu's clinical anatomy lecture on wednesday. Unless I feel like listening but so far I don't know crap for this test.

what test... we got a test coming up soon?

motivation.....

anyone have some I can have?

Robz said:
motivation.....

anyone have some I can have?

Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18thDec 18th......Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th..............

Dude, I'm really pissed because today I heard that my IGC doctor was making fun of DO's and regarding them as less bright and not as well educated..................F THAT. And he is a super nice guy too......why would you offer?? why doesn't he just take MD's from Miami? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know the person who said these things and this person doesn't have a mean bone in his body as far as I can tell....And I'm pretty sure he's never said anything negative about whoever posted this. What's going on here is people are afraid this person will represent them out in the real world of medicine. If this person is meant to be a physician it will happen, if not then so be it.

But the handicap fraud F'n kills me. It bothers me more than any question asked in class. It shows and arrogance and disregard for others. I know who one of offenders is and I've lost some respect. I want to tell this person that many in the class have lost the same respect, but it's none of my business. I just think it really sucks.

As for the aformentioned person...get off his back. Academic evolution will weed out all non hackers.

mjdk said:

get to know him

repent

however

HoodyHoo said:
Dude, I'm really pissed because today I heard that my IGC doctor was making fun of DO's and regarding them as less bright and not as well educated..................F THAT. And he is a super nice guy too......why would you offer?? why doesn't he just take MD's from Miami? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Probably 'cause UM has better ways to spend the time of their first year medical students. This, "IGC" revolution is in no way characteristic of the osteopathic profession. Just returned from an interview at UMass where the non holistic manipulative deficient MD's have been shadowing primary care docs for quite a while. In any case, get used to hearing the voices of the ignorant. After all, you're entering the profession of medicine, remember?

:)

just a friendly reminder...

Please don't share anything discussed on our listserve or Y!Group on SDN. It's pretty important to keep development among ourselves...

Thanks,
NS

FYI:

The OMM revolution has begun. Harvard Medical School offered a 3-day OMM retreat, and it got an OVERWHELMINGLY warm welcome.

They plan to expand their own OMM department in the coming months and years.

I don't have a source on this handy...i just read it this morning.

Stay tuned,
NS

Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18thDec 18th......Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th...Dec 18th..............

doc3341 said:

y so late? im looking forward to dec 17, 1:30pm.