New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted to NYCOM. Interview 1/10 and accepted on 2/1. Debating between NYCOM and Touro Middletown but most likely will go for NYCOM since its more established. If anyone is looking for an apartment and needs a roomate let me know because I'm looking for a place and for roomates.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to NYCOM. Interview 1/10 and accepted on 2/1. Debating between NYCOM and Touro Middletown but most likely will go for NYCOM since its more established. If anyone is looking for an apartment and needs a roomate let me know because I'm looking for a place and for roomates.
Stats? and Grats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II invite yesterday NY campus! Curious to know how full their class is already

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing here tomorrow... can anyone comment on their interview experience? Thanks in advance!

And what I still don't understand is that according to the AACOM college information book, the school's "average indebtedness" is actually quite low compared to some of the other programs.... or at least mid-range.

I think this is because there are a decent amount of students who attend NYCOM that are native to Long Island (and therefore don't need to take out loans for rent).

Reactions: 1 user
Is anybody from the November or December interview still waiting for decision?

Is anybody from the November or December interview still waiting for decision?

I mean I was waitlisted and am still waiting for an update. Did you interview then and still not hear back (aka are you not waitlisted?)

I mean I was waitlisted and am still waiting for an update. Did you interview then and still not hear back (aka are you not waitlisted?)
Yes, I haven't been waitlisted yet and I'm still waiting for a decision.

Received an interview yesterday, at this point would I be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted yesterday, which sucks because that's the only school I interviewed at.

Waitlisted yesterday, which sucks because that's the only school I interviewed at.
Always frustrating but you never know! I would keep sending updates anyways. Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Always frustrating but you never know! I would keep sending updates anyways. Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?
Thanks for your kind words. I interviewed at the beginning of December.

Yay!! Just got the email! 1/27 interviewed 2/16 accepted. See you all in orientation!

Complete 8/1. On hold 1/9. II 2/15.
Interview scheduled for 3/7! Exciting :)

waitlisted as well...anyone know about waitlist movement at this school? what chances are there for waitlist -> acceptance?

waitlisted as well...anyone know about waitlist movement at this school? what chances are there for waitlist -> acceptance?
Depends on the cycle, last few have been practically none 2-3 people getting accepted off of waitlist.

Last edited:
the order of acceptances looks very random according to the above info... I guess it depends on each persons interviewer. Anyone heard back from 1/31 interview??

Interviewed on Friday. It definitely surpassed my expectations. I really liked the faculty, students, natural lighting in the labs, great looking campus and area around the school, opportunities for clinicals in the city and out of the city. Anyone who has an interview invite and not sure if they want to attend, I'd say go for it.

II for AR campus. Any thoughts or tips? What is the interview structure...panel, mmi, 1 on 1?

II for the AR campus! Any tips from people that have interviewed there?

Just got a phone call asking if I was interested in being considered for the AR campus, guess that means NY campus is full or all interviews have been given out? Anyone have any insight into this? I think I remember seeing something like this posted previously, just can't recall the specifics.

Last edited:
Just got a phone call asking if I was interested in being considered for the AR campus, guess that means NY campus is full or all interviews have been given out? Anyone have any insight into this? I think I remember seeing something like this posted previously, just can't recall the specifics.

I believe they are still sending out II , I assume they are just randomly calling and asking people if anyone is interested in AR campus , assumimg there could be more seats available to fill .

Has anyone gotten a rejection from this school? Do they send out rejections?

I dont know why they have not called me. I would not mind Arkansas. Arkansas sounds great.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got rejected :eyebrow:, way to troll people with that hopeful opening line in their last update email "Dear Future NYIT Physician"...

Just got rejected :eyebrow:, way to troll people with that hopeful opening line in their last update email "Dear Future NYIT Physician"...
Did you interview here already?

Yes they do, I just got rejected today pre-II. I was complete early August.
Was the rejection an email? I was complete in July and still silence so I just assumed a silent rejection.

Would you please share your stats ,
Just curious if you should give up hope at this point.
Thanks

has anyone who received a "Dear NYITCOM Future Physician" actually gotten an II?

has anyone who received a "Dear NYITCOM Future Physician" actually gotten an II?
Yeah I got that email in early January and then got a II about a week later. I interviewed last week.

1/20 and still waiting...anxiety through the roof. :(

Was the rejection an email? I was complete in July and still silence so I just assumed a silent rejection.
Yes it was through email. Silence means there's still a chance!

Interviewed 1/31 and waitlisted. Hopefully everyone else hears back soon!

Waitlisted as well interviewed 1/31. Congrats to those accepted.. mind sharing stats for those who were recently accepted?

Waitlisted as well interviewed 1/31. Congrats to those accepted.. mind sharing stats for those who were recently accepted?
mind sharing stats for wait list , Have not heard anything back interviewed 1/24