New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted :/ interviewed 2/14 - just from looking at the posts in this forum, they waitlist a crap ton of people. More than I've seen at other schools ...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted :/ interviewed 2/14 - just from looking at the posts in this forum, they waitlist a crap ton of people. More than I've seen at other schools ...

assuming waitlist here is a silent rejection

Members don't see this ad :)

Dang man :/ mind sharing stats? I interviewed on 2/21 and wanted to know if I should anticipate a waitlist as well

Dang man :/ mind sharing stats? I interviewed on 2/21 and wanted to know if I should anticipate a waitlist as well

507 MCAT 3.6 GPA; just wish they would give a definite answer. I just want to know for sure where I'm going to be headed next year - this limbo is torture.

Reactions: 1 user
507 MCAT 3.6 GPA; just wish they would give a definite answer. I just want to know for sure where I'm going to be headed next year - this limbo is torture.

Damn thats pretty competitive too, definitely assuming WL now. Did they waitlist this many people last year too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waitlisted today -
505 mcat, 3.5 science, 3.5 regular, above average EC's and first authorship on a paper, in state, was told i had a great interview

anyone know how the waitlist moves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to post but interviewing here on 3/8. Legacy applicant, 512 MCAT, >3.8 GPA, >3.8 sGPA.

I wonder if they overaccepted applicants before New Years or something? Bc I'm seeing that a lot of people are waitlisted (myself included)! Or maybe more than usual people have secured their seats and there's just not too many more seats available. Or they could be handling it entirely different this cycle. Just throwing some possible ideas out there.....

Waitlisted today -
505 mcat, 3.5 science, 3.5 regular, above average EC's and first authorship on a paper

anyone know how the waitlist moves?

Damn similar stats, I'll
I wonder if they overaccepted applicants before New Years or something? Bc I'm seeing that a lot of people are waitlisted (myself included)! Or maybe more than usual people have secured their seats and there's just not too many more seats available. Or they could be handling it entirely different this cycle. Just throwing some possible ideas out there.....

Maybe? Im a little confused though cause the fb page has like 117 students but at the interview they mentioned like 300 seats? So im guessing they might interview into May at this point

Members don't see this ad :)

are you an in state resident? i basically have the same exact stats as you and i was accepted (interviewed 1/10 and accepted 1/30)

Damn similar stats, I'll

Maybe? Im a little confused though cause the fb page has like 117 students but at the interview they mentioned like 300 seats? So im guessing they might interview into May at this point
can you paste the link to the facebook page for me please

are you an in state resident? i basically have the same exact stats as you and i was accepted (interviewed 1/10 and accepted 1/30)
No, I'm from Jersey

Damn similar stats, I'll

Yeah I'm just as confused honestly. Something just looks different about this cycle (judging by past threads). It would be really helpful to know if they send out post interview rejections. Because then at least we'd know where we truly stand.

By the looks of it, doesn't seem like there are many seats left. I haven't seen any acceptances on here recently. Interviewed here 2/17 and haven't heard anything yet.

Interviewed Friday, very positive impression. Now I will twiddle my thumbs and drink for a few weeks.

Called NYIT about waitlist today and asked when they normally see waitlist movement he said he had no idea it could be at anytime. Asked if he expected movement this year ... he said he has no idea. Is the waitlist ranked? He said well when they look at the waitlist they re evaluate applicants... basically got no now information.

Reactions: 1 users
Anymore recent acceptances or waitlisting this week.
Seems like NYIT has been very slow in responding after interviews.

it really depends i found out i got accepted 9 days after my interview so i think it's completely random

Why are there so many wait listings for NYIT, Is this there way of silent rejection or they expect a lot of people refuse acceptances.

Dang just got the axe, Waitlisted :/ I'll assume its a rejection as of now

Has there any acceptance since Feb 16 th?
I have only seen few waitlists in past few weeks. But no acceptance.
Has one moved off from waitlist to acceptance?

Has there any acceptance since Feb 16 th?
I have only seen few waitlists in past few weeks. But no acceptance.
Has one moved off from waitlist to acceptance?
I don't think they'll start doing that until May/early summer, at the earliest.

WL, interviewed ~ 2/24 ish. (Don't remember exact date.)

Im not sure im a fan of how big the class size is but whateva. Hopefully they still pay attention to all of us

Hey I haven't had a chance to post till now but I interviewed 2/17 and was accepted the other day on 3/10. So about 3 weeks. I really liked this school a lot but will probably not be attending. Hopefully it goes to someone here on the waitlist, which seems huge.

Interviewed 2/10, Accepted 3/10. New York campus.
Hey I haven't had a chance to post till now but I interviewed 2/17 and was accepted the other day on 3/10. So about 3 weeks. I really liked this school a lot but will probably not be attending. Hopefully it goes to someone here on the waitlist, which seems huge.

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you guys mind sharing stats?

Same exact interview and acceptance day as me! I will probably also not be attending, it is very expensive and I don't love the idea of living on Long Island.

I can't ever get a hold of this place - how are you guys getting a hold of someone?

Accepted today!! Super happy and looking forward to join this fall.
Interviewed 3/7, found out 3/17

Reactions: 2 users