NAVLE score report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiuThai

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone. I wonder how long did it take for you guys to get a score report after taken a NAVLE. I sat the exam on December 3rd. I guess I'll get a report within a first 2 weeks of January? However, I check my email many times a day in a hope that I might get a notice earlier than that. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I believe it comes out at the same time for everyone and they say 4 weeks after the last testing date? Pretty sure mine came out January 10th a couple years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Merry Christmas everyone. I wonder how long did for you guys to get a score report after taken a NAVLE. I sat the exam on December 3rd. I guess I'll get a report within a first 2 weeks of January? However, I check my email many times a day in a hope that I might get a notice earlier than that. Thank you
"The NAVLE is scored after the close of each testing window. Scores are reported to licensing boards and to candidates about 4 weeks after the close of each testing window."

The last day to sit for the exam was December 8th, so we should hear back as soon as sometime next week (although given the holidays, I wouldn't be surprised if scores aren't released until the second week of January). Either way, holy crap, that time went by faster than I thought.

Thank you all. Looks like all I can do is waiting patiently, and hoping for a positive outcome. Have a wonderful holiday.

Score reports were released the second week of January for folks last year. I believe we received notification via email around Jan. 12th or 13th.

Hopefully the long wait should be done during this week! Still can't understand why they have to wait such a long time to release the results! It is just a computer based multiple answer test!! They could have give us the results just on site!
Anyway, I am tired of waiting and hope this week they release the results.
Good luck to all who has been waiting!
Cheers,

Hopefully the long wait should be done during this week! Still can't understand why they have to wait such a long time to release the results! It is just a computer based multiple answer test!! They could have give us the results just on site!
Cheers,

You don't understand how the NAVLE is graded. All tests must be completed in order for them to grade the exam. They grade based on variations in exam forms, variations in how questions are worded and variations in question difficulty between different forms. Impossible for them to provide a score immediately upon completion of the exam.

Cheers,
I've waited longer for true multiple choice exams (as opposed to the grading methods DVMD just mentioned above), lol.

I have contacted ICVA today and asked about the estimated time for releasing the results. They responded that they were still processing the results and they're aiming mid-January for sending the results. Probabely Jan 14th!

Score reports were released the second week of January for folks last year. I believe we received notification via email around Jan. 12th or 13th.
I just checked email, and mine came last year on January 16th.

I have contacted ICVA today and asked about the estimated time for releasing the results. They responded that they were still processing the results and they're aiming mid-January for sending the results. Probabely Jan 14th!
Good luck (on the waiting part) to everyone here! You're almost done :biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for the info, everybody. Hope we all going to get positive outcomes.

Do you know if we get the scores at 8 am or any random time during the day? (ie how many times do i need to refresh my email? haha)

Also do we find out pass/fail immediately via email or have to log in first and then find out?

Thanks!

Oh man this thread makes me want to :vomit:
I am totally fine with leaving Schrodinger's box on the bookshelf right now.

Do you know if we get the scores at 8 am or any random time during the day? (ie how many times do i need to refresh my email? haha)

Also do we find out pass/fail immediately via email or have to log in first and then find out?

Thanks!
For my class (2017) we were able to log in to our account and see our results long before the emails came out, fyi!

I just checked the ICVA score portal, it has not been activated yet. Finger crossed.

Seems like it's been around 9-10am EST every year give or take.

My year I got an email notification that scores were available on Thursday, Jan 12, 2017, at 9:48 AM CST. So, don't assume they'll come out on a Monday I guess :)

For my class (2017) we were able to log in to our account and see our results long before the emails came out, fyi!
I wouldn't even know where to log in :laugh: the wait continues...

ETA: Just kidding, found it. Going to be hard to avoid refreshing it all day.

Last edited:
This wait is mind Twisting lol:wtf::wtf:

It's 10:46 pm (EST) and I am refreshing the score portal with no reason at all!!

I really hope it’s tomorrow! :scared: Can’t sleep to save my life the last couple days! :sleep:

Welp. 9am on Jan 15th and portal still isn’t open. Cue the obsessive refreshing for the day and preemptive Taco Tuesday date for *hopeful* celebrations.

Even if they open the portal today, given our constant refreshing, the server is going to crash! LoL

Looks like it is going to be a looong wait :(:(

Are scores going to be delayed by the government shutdown? It would be nice if they made an announcement about it...

I have just sent another email to them asking to provide a percise release date! It is not a shuttle launching for gods sake!!
If they expect us to meet all of their requirements by their deadlines, they should also respect their time slot! If they couldn't make it 4 wks (!) So don't say 4 wks in your manual! This is unbelievable!!

I have just sent another email to them asking to provide a percise release date! It is not a shuttle launching for gods sake!!
If they expect us to meet all of their requirements by their deadlines, they should also respect their time slot! If they couldn't make it 4 wks (!) So don't say 4 wks in your manual! This is unbelievable!!

Let us know what they say!

To be fair, it says 'about 4 weeks.' We're at what, 5 weeks? I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch. When they come they come.

Alright guys!
They DO NOT HAVE THE SCORES YET(!!!!)
So, I don't think it would be out even by tomorrow! They didn't provide any reason or detailed explanation! Just said and I quote here : " We do not have the scores yet, but still anticipate receiving them this week".

To be fair, it says 'about 4 weeks.' We're at what, 5 weeks? I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch. When they come they come.

First, It is Week 6!
Second, the deadline for APRIL session is FEB 1st!
Third, to re-sit the exam you have to wait for another bureaucratic process to get approved! Not every states do automatic approval!!

First, It is Week 6!
Second, the deadline for APRIL session is FEB 1st!
Third, to re-sit the exam you have to wait for another bureaucratic process to get approved! Not every states do automatic approval!!
If you recall, we had a week of national holidays. Surely they weren't working then.

I have no doubt that they are aware of the timing of everything and that if needed, they'd adjust the coming deadlines to reflect any delay on their part. It does you no good to get so worked up over something that you have no control over.

I repeat: The scores will come when they come. Being angry over the fact that they aren't coming quickly enough to please you won't expedite their arrival.

Reactions: 5 users
You should relax honestly, freaking out doesn't solve anything.

Reactions: 4 users
Let’s all respect one another. Sometimes anxiety isn’t totally rational. We will find out eventually and if having a timeline helps the anxiety of those with the most, let it be. If you don’t care to know or a timeline gives you more anxiety, then don’t look. Here’s to all of us hopefully passing and finding out this week whether we have to take that exam again!

Reactions: 1 users
Let’s all respect one another. Sometimes anxiety isn’t totally rational. We will find out eventually and if having a timeline helps the anxiety of those with the most, let it be. If you don’t care to know or a timeline gives you more anxiety, then don’t look. Here’s to all of us hopefully passing and finding out this week whether we have to take that exam again!
Who was being disrespectful? Tbh one of the biggest lessons I've learned in vet school is that it does you no good to be angry/distraught over what you can't control. The level of anxiety/anger coming across in those posts is a little concerning.

Reactions: 2 users
Who was being disrespectful? Tbh one of the biggest lessons I've learned in vet school is that it does you no good to be angry/distraught over what you can't control. The level of anxiety/anger coming across in those posts is a little concerning.

Maybe you don’t have much anxiety over this, but it’s not your job to mediate how people are feeling over the scores. If you’re not stressed don’t troll on this post and cause problems with people who are anxiously waiting! :)

Maybe you don’t have much anxiety over this, but it’s not your job to mediate how people are feeling over the scores. If you’re not stressed don’t troll on this post and cause problems with people who are anxiously waiting! :)
I think it was intended to be helpful, not trolling. Try not to stress over what you cannot control. Obviously not something everyone can control themselves but still decent advice to take a deep breath, recognize some things will remain out of your hands, and try to focus on other things in your life in the meantime.

Reactions: 5 users

Oh, i absolutely agree! I think something is lost in text, as well. This is a forum asking for potential score release dates and a place for those with anxiety surrounding those scores to vent to those that understand. We have no control over the timing of the score release, but it might make some feel less anxious if they know when it might be coming (in order to prepare themselves for all of the possibilities). Some of the posts came off as judgmental for some others being “too” anxious. No one can tell another how to feel. That’s all i was referring to. Let’s just recognize these true feelings of everyone while waiting in whichever way you are most comfortable.

Saying things like "if you recall," "surely," and "I repeat" is a little disrespectful if you ask me. Everyone is anxious and I think stress and anxiety is totally rational, NOT concerning, and MOST TIMES not controllable at this point. No one wants to stress over this.

Saying things like "if you recall," "surely," and "I repeat" is a little disrespectful if you ask me. Everyone is anxious and I think stress and anxiety is totally rational, NOT concerning, and MOST TIMES not controllable at this point. No one wants to stress over this.
Amen! There’s No call to belittle people that are anxious. Aren’t we supposed to lift each other up in this difficult profession? Just a thought :)

Alright guys!
They DO NOT HAVE THE SCORES YET(!!!!)
So, I don't think it would be out even by tomorrow! They didn't provide any reason or detailed explanation! Just said and I quote here : " We do not have the scores yet, but still anticipate receiving them this week".

Some people at my school didn’t take the exam until the week after the testing window closed because the testing center was closed unexpectedly because of the Bush funeral. Maybe that is why it is taking longer.

Lollll of course I have anxiety. Merely trying to recommend not getting super angry over something, as it only makes things worse. No one said anything about being too anxious, or that they shouldn't have anxiety. OP can spiral his/herself into a whirlpool of misplaced anger if he/she wants, I'm just suggesting they avoid that.

Another gentle reminder, but OP should remember that this forum is not as anonymous as one thinks, especially when you are emailing under your real name and posting to this forum criticizing people immediately after your email is answered...
Hm, not trying to be disrespectful, sorry it was interpreted that way. Sassy =/= disrespectful. Funny how people have 'feelings' about certain words and they automatically assume a person is being rude.

Last edited:
Lollll of course I have anxiety. Merely trying to recommend not getting super angry over something, as it only makes things worse. No one said anything about being too anxious, or that they shouldn't have anxiety. OP can spiral his/herself into a whirlpool of misplaced anger if he/she wants, I'm just suggesting they avoid that.

Another gentle reminder, but OP should remember that this forum is not as anonymous as one thinks, especially when you are emailing under your real name and posting to this forum criticizing people immediately after your email is answered...

Hm, not trying to be disrespectful, sorry it was interpreted that way. Sassy =/= disrespectful. Funny how people have 'feelings' about certain words and they automatically assume a person is being rude.

ICVA as an agency that is charging people for its services must be responsive to the expectations of its customers(!). Clarity and transparancy for a -some how- academic institute is not a courtesy, it is an obligation!
By keeping people in the dark with regard to such a life changing issue like NAVLE, they cost all of us different measures of anxiety and mental burden! Given the fact that their website has an Update/News section and it is not updated since December 3rd last year, is not very tasteful for some people.

Amen! There’s No call to belittle people that are anxious. Aren’t we supposed to lift each other up in this difficult profession? Just a thought :)

If you think those phrases and words are disrespectful, you're not going to get far in the real world without being offended. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what pinkpuppy said, and she used those words for emphasis of her point. She was not belittling anyone, but was rather trying to put things in focus.

We recognize that people work themselves into a tizzy over things like this, such as Anoza. However, that does not mean we have to normalize such excessive worrying; instead, we should rather try to keep a handle on it and try to remind people to take it easy. That is being supportive. Not stirring the pot and making the anxiety worse by means of a back-patting circlejerk of mutual anxiety. That is was PP was trying to caution against letting this thread turn into. Because I guarantee you, life hands you a lot more "NAVLE"s in different forms.

I see this all the time when we are late in getting exam results out. People lose their gorram minds and have absolutely no patience. Unless they learn to take these things in more stride, I don't know how they are going to keep said anxiety in check when they are actually out in the field and dealing with life and death.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users