NAVLE 2024 Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for the slow response, you will get through zuku/vet prep slowly because of needing to dissect the questions more as well as when you review the question, know why you missed it and sometimes, depending on the question, do a further analysis. (I finished < 30 % but I also didn’t hardcore do questions — I focused more on making study pages for myself to test myself on. So my outlines were pretty bare bones and a lot of quizzing.)

I’ve heard of statmed helping increase other people’s scores by 30 and one person claimed 150! (I was about 50-60) But at the end of the day, it’s a ****ty test and I honestly feel it’s just luck what questions you get.

I definitely do think a good nights sleep is important.
Got it, ok thank you! I appreciate your response!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to those that passed! For those that didn’t pass NAVLE this time around I have a few suggestions.

Talk to a doctor /therapist about test anxiety, consider meds ( b blocker?) and discuss any accommodation you are eligible for and get them.

use your score report to guide your studying. Also look at the breakdown by species— and put 90 percent of your study time in those big four species ( dog/cat/cow/equine) don’t spend a ton of time on chinchilla diseases!

For all the case based questions start with the question at the end of the paragraph. If you can answer it without reading the whole long case description answer it and move on. This saves a ton of time. If you can not answer it immediately then go through the question looking for triggers to prompt your knowledge. Signalment is your biggest clue! The 9 month old limping puppy with radiographs does not have cancer it has HOD. Remember all the info in the question either leads you towards a given diagnosis or rules out a answer. There isn’t red herring info unlike an actual client. For example If the question mentions a dog from Arizona with lymphadenopathy your first thought should be fungal not lymphoma.

Make a chart of the pig diarrheas and memorize it

I did the free question of the day Zulu, vet prep and the VIN navle course. I found them all useful.

Take the breaks during navle— get up, go pee, eat something, drink some water. Meditate for a minute and reset. Then go back at it.

Good luck! NAVLE is a pain but you got through vet school. You will get through NAVLE.

Anna

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! Does anyone have the Pasquini clinic guides? I have heard about these but have no idea what they are or where to get them or if they are study guides or actual book. I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
With this being the month of taxes and NAVLE taking, I wanted to remind you that luck is where opportunity meets preparedness, and I know that all of you have prepared for this moment.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! Does anyone have the Pasquini clinic guides? I have heard about these but have no idea what they are or where to get them or if they are study guides or actual book. I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
Sorry I lost the link but they are on Vetbooks.ir they are too big to email I tried