NAVLE 2024 Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dear NAVLE candidate,

We wanted to provide an additional update about the NAVLE score release issue.

NBME has confirmed that no NAVLE candidate saw or received any other candidate’s score or pass/fail outcome in the original score reports. The only information that was accidentally shared with less than 1.3% of the candidates was another candidate’s name, NAVLE ID, and a generalized comparison of how the other candidate performed on the NAVLE by species and competency relative to the entire pool of candidates. However, the generalized comparison data is insufficient to derive the other candidate’s score and/or pass/fail outcome. NBME has indicated that they are still on track to have the updated score reports available by 5:00pm ET.

We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we worked to resolve the issue.
So are we supposed to buy that if the name on the score page was someone else's, that somehow magically wasn't that person's score, but the data on the second page could have been?

Maybe it's my many, many games of Werewolf on this forum, but it smells kinda wolfy to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
IMG_2932.jpg

Update #2
37 min to go

Having a legitimate countdown to score release is honestly so stressful. I see why they don't have a specific day for scores now - I'd much rather get an email out of the blue and have my score than sit all day waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just signed in and it said score report available.. I haven’t looked yet though since we haven’t gotten an official email

So are we supposed to buy that if the name on the score page was someone else's, that somehow magically wasn't that person's score, but the data on the second page could have been?

Maybe it's my many, many games of Werewolf on this forum, but it smells kinda wolfy to me.
I think they spent the last 25 hours consulting legal and concocting this smoke-and-mirrors explanation. I don’t think it matters if they shared the specific score or pass/fail status, or if it was only 1.3% of the examiners, or anything else. They shared name, ID#, and some information about their scores. Still smells like a FERPA violation to me. Also, given the % of ppl on this thread who got somebody else’s score, that 1.3% number sounds made up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Guys, I have to study again. Pass candidates please suggest studying sources other than vetprep?

• Care
I think they spent the last 25 hours consulting legal and concocting this smoke-and-mirrors explanation. I don’t think it matters if they shared the specific score or pass/fail status, or if it was only 1.3% of the examiners, or anything else. They shared name, ID#, and some information about their scores. Still smells like a FERPA violation to me. Also, given the % of ppl on this thread who got somebody else’s score, that 1.3% number sounds made up.
You can literally use the released ID and birthday to look up the other person's score... And they play it like it was nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
My comment has nothing to do with cancelling scores. Accidentally emailing educational information to unauthorized parties is a violation. Has nothing to do with retaking an exam..
Cool so sue if you care so much. Life is too stressful to be complaining about "violations"

Guys, I have to study again. Pass candidates please suggest studying sources other than vetprep?
Same! I have to study again too. I did 85% vet prep and passed the practice exams as well. I went to University of Sydney and they definitely do not provide support or prepare you for the navle. I got a 408 and was super disappointed but it’s okay, April isn’t too far away !

• Care
Reactions: 1 users

So what do y’all want? For everyone’s scores to be cancelled and we all retake it?
It would be great if ICVA fixed the problem so they don't do this to students again. They apparently don't listen to students (because I'm sure they heard from a lot of upset, pissed off students last year when they did basically the same thing), so maybe the federal government coming down on them would get them to hire an actually competent data base team and not do this to people again.

Passed!

If it helps anyone, I finished 100% of VetPrep and took two ICVA practice exams. I also read through about half of the VetPrep PowerPages, over topics I was unsure of.

Passed!

If it helps anyone, I finished 100% of VetPrep and took two ICVA practice exams. I also read through about half of the VetPrep PowerPages, over topics I was unsure of.
I also finished 100% of VetPrep, did the practice exams, went over the videos and power pages, had a weekly tutor I worked with, paid for the VIN lectures and watched those, made my own study guides and reviewed those constantly, had friends quiz me weekly, and I also I didn’t work for 3 months up to the Navle so I could focus on the Navle. So I’m in complete disbelief and feel completely disheartened esp since this isn’t my first time taking it.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
does anyone know how the scoring works? I am unsure of how close I was like % wise to passing or like how many questions close I was to passing.. also the SE range of numbers and what those mean?

The more I think about it, the more outrageous it is that this is a repeat performance. Does anybody know a journalist? If you don’t, shake your social network tree. Like several people said, if they did this to human doctors, or lawyers, it would be all over the news. But that’s because doctors/lawyers would be making a stink and calling the press. I am sure many of us are 1-2 degrees of separation from journalists. Let’s try to get in contact with them.
I know a journalist, lawyer and I think I can at least poke NPR

Zuku and the vin course really helped me. I also filled out the diseases and species list using the lectures for zuki and pasquini's clinic guides. Zuki for me was harder questions than the test. Vet prep was not the same. Zuku prepared me and si did the vin course

I also finished 100% of VetPrep, did the practice exams, went over the videos and power pages, had a weekly tutor I worked with, paid for the VIN lectures and watched those, made my own study guides and reviewed those constantly, had friends quiz me weekly, and I also I didn’t work for 3 months up to the Navle so I could focus on the Navle. So I’m in complete disbelief and feel completely disheartened esp since this isn’t my first time taking it.
I finished 27% of zuku but I also had equine med and large animal surgery etc my semester of the NAVLE. I also did the vin course 🤷🏼‍♂️ filled out the species and disease list like I was writing notes for underclassmen.

I would try and get zuku premium if you can.

Any opinions and advice are deeply appreciated...

I too have to retake the NAVLE. I'm debating when to take it again. Do I attempt to study during rotations while being distracted and busy with rotations or do I spend the next year studying, undistracted and take the NAVLE in the fall?

I feel like this is an uphill battle that I will never win. I've been dismissed and readmitted into vet school, and always been the bottom of my class with exams. My anxiety is most definitely winning this time...

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I want to share with you my experience and what I did to pass the terrible beast of an exam that is the NAVLE.

I first sat for the exam in Dec 2022. I did NOT prepare well for it and while I completed 80% of VetPrep, I went in with little confidence and retention of material. I failed by 35 points.

I took the exam for a second time in April 2023. This go around I used VetPrep again (remember to email VetPrep for a free resubscription if you hit 80% completion), utilized the Super Boards document, and formed a group to study with. If you learn well in groups.... DO THIS! Going through the NAVLE List of Diseases will help with retention of material. This time, I received a 415. I was CRUSHED as I was close to that DAMN 425. I used my rage to keep going, though challenging at times.

Time passed and I graduated from veterinary school. Side note for 2024 graduates: take time to flourish in the fact that you have completed veterinary school come graduation; this is no small feat. I found myself feeling "lesser than" for not passing the NAVLE by the time I graduated. This is nonsensical thinking. The fact you made it this far is OUTSTANDING, board exam or not, and I'm not just saying this!

I was fortunate enough to move back home and work part-time at a veterinary clinic taking on the role of a veterinary assistant. I worked 2 days a week, walked dogs on my days off for extra $, and STUDIED. Instead of VetPrep, I purchased Zuku. The interface of Zuku is a bit weird, but I like that it is more visual and I think the explanations are written better (at least for my brain). Instead of just using the Super Boards document, I created my own study guide using the NAVLE List of Diseases. Creating your own study guide will help cement details to memory. Here's an example of how I organize diseases/conditions in my study guide:

Pleuropneumonia
  • Most common in young, athletic horses
  • Induced by stressors (viral respiratory infection, surgery, shipping)
    • Pleural fluid often contains mixed bacterial populations
  • Clinical: non-specific fever, depression, anorexia, and lethargy
    • Horses may be reluctant to move as DZ is painful
    • May adopt an elbow-abducted stance to ease breathing, may have sternal edema
  • Dx: clinical signs, ultrasound + thoracocentesis
    • Transtracheal wash to ID specific bacteria
  • Tx: intermittent contagious thoracic drainage, antibiotics, analgesics, and NSAIDs
  • Px: fair to good
When going through Zuku (or VetPrep), use flash cards when you get a question wrong.... especially if it's on a topic most likely to pop up on the exam. I wouldn't always copy the question verbatim and would write the question in my own words. I would also make flashcards on various topics I knew I was uncomfortable with when going through the List of Diseases. If you're able to, have someone quiz you with these flash cards. Periodically go through them for repetition.

Next, take the ICVA assessments if you have not already. This past time, I took all three. The first one I took about a month into studying (I started with Form 2), the next one roughly a month later (Form 1), then the last one 2 weeks before my exam (Form 3). These will give you an estimated score range on how you're projected to perform. If your score range is below/in the middle of passing.... KEEP STUDYING. If your score is above pass range....STILL KEEP STUDYING. I was above passing for two of the ICVA exams, middle range for one. They'll also help you target what species you should aim more focus on. I also went over ICVA Form 2 with a friend; again group study can be great!

I have diagnosed ADHD and was eligible for double time with regular breaks for my third attempt. If you're able to, get extra time! I cannot tell you how much this helped me and I regret not applying for it before. I finished with time to spare, but didn't feel anxiety from the time clock like my past two attempts.

Speaking of the actual exam, watch this video:
She explains the "SPOQ" method to approaching a question. I found this incredibly helpful!

Lastly, MINDSET. I was mentally struggling when I first sat for the exam, as I had many doubts and constant negative self-talk. Please get rid of this attitude. Meditate, do some stretching, go for a jog... anything that will open your mind and get you thinking more positively. I recommend the Calm app, they have 5 min meditations that have helped me so much!

With that all said and done, I improved my score by almost 100 points by changing my habits and making time for studying. If you're anything like me, you NEED to make time for yourself. It's hard when you're in rotations... but if you're graduating/not currently in school please advocate for yourself to reserve more time for study. This exam is currently a necessary evil but you WILL PASS!

TL;DR
  1. Zuku
  2. Study guide w/ NAVLE List of Diseases
  3. Flash Cards - quiz your knowledge
  4. ICVA Assessments
  5. Group study (if applicable)
  6. Apply for extra time (if applicable)
  7. Positive mindset

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Zuku and the vin course really helped me. I also filled out the diseases and species list using the lectures for zuki and pasquini's clinic guides. Zuki for me was harder questions than the test. Vet prep was not the same. Zuku prepared me and si did the vin course
are the pasquini clinic guides online somewhere? I’ve just never heard of these

Any opinions and advice are deeply appreciated...

I too have to retake the NAVLE. I'm debating when to take it again. Do I attempt to study during rotations while being distracted and busy with rotations or do I spend the next year studying, undistracted and take the NAVLE in the fall?

I feel like this is an uphill battle that I will never win. I've been dismissed and readmitted into vet school, and always been the bottom of my class with exams. My anxiety is most definitely winning this time...
I want to share with you my experience and what I did to pass the terrible beast of an exam that is the NAVLE.

I first sat for the exam in Dec 2022. I did NOT prepare well for it and while I completed 80% of VetPrep, I went in with little confidence and retention of material. I failed by 35 points.

I took the exam for a second time in April 2023. This go around I used VetPrep again (remember to email VetPrep for a free resubscription if you hit 80% completion), utilized the Super Boards document, and formed a group to study with. If you learn well in groups.... DO THIS! Going through the NAVLE List of Diseases will help with retention of material. This time, I received a 415. I was CRUSHED as I was close to that DAMN 425. I used my rage to keep going, though challenging at times.

Time passed and I graduated from veterinary school. Side note for 2024 graduates: take time to flourish in the fact that you have completed veterinary school come graduation; this is no small feat. I found myself feeling "lesser than" for not passing the NAVLE by the time I graduated. This is nonsensical thinking. The fact you made it this far is OUTSTANDING, board exam or not, and I'm not just saying this!

I was fortunate enough to move back home and work part-time at a veterinary clinic taking on the role of a veterinary assistant. I worked 2 days a week, walked dogs on my days off for extra $, and STUDIED. Instead of VetPrep, I purchased Zuku. The interface of Zuku is a bit weird, but I like that it is more visual and I think the explanations are written better (at least for my brain). Instead of just using the Super Boards document, I created my own study guide using the NAVLE List of Diseases. Creating your own study guide will help cement details to memory. Here's an example of how I organize diseases/conditions in my study guide:

Pleuropneumonia
  • Tx: intermittent contagious thoracic drainage, antibiotics, analgesics, and NSAIDs
When going through Zuku (or VetPrep), use flash cards when you get a question wrong.... especially if it's on a topic most likely to pop up on the exam. I wouldn't always copy the question verbatim and would write the question in my own words. I would also make flashcards on various topics I knew I was uncomfortable with when going through the List of Diseases. If you're able to, have someone quiz you with these flash cards. Periodically go through them for repetition.

Next, take the ICVA assessments if you have not already. This past time, I took all three. The first one I took about a month into studying (I started with Form 2), the next one roughly a month later (Form 1), then the last one 2 weeks before my exam (Form 3). These will give you an estimated score range on how you're projected to perform. If your score range is below/in the middle of passing.... KEEP STUDYING. If your score is above pass range....STILL KEEP STUDYING. I was above passing for two of the ICVA exams, middle range for one. They'll also help you target what species you should aim more focus on. I also went over ICVA Form 2 with a friend; again group study can be great!

I have diagnosed ADHD and was eligible for double time with regular breaks for my third attempt. If you're able to, get extra time! I cannot tell you how much this helped me and I regret not applying for it before. I finished with time to spare, but didn't feel anxiety from the time clock like my past two attempts.

Lastly, MINDSET. I was mentally struggling when I first sat for the exam, as I had many doubts and constant negative self-talk. Please get rid of this attitude. Meditate, do some stretching, go for a jog... anything that will open your mind and get you thinking more positively. I recommend the Calm app, they have 5 min meditations that have helped me so much!

With that all said and done, I improved my score by almost 100 points by changing my habits and making time for studying. If you're anything like me, you NEED to make time for yourself. It's hard when you're in rotations... but if you're graduating/not currently in school please advocate for yourself to reserve more time for study. This exam is currently a necessary evil but you WILL PASS!

TL;DR
  1. Zuku
  4. ICVA Assessments
  7. Positive mindset

thank you so much for this, do you mind if I PM you?

I know a journalist, lawyer and I think I can at least poke NPR
It would be really great to get the word out. A lot of times organizations will respond to bad oress. 7,000 candidates tested in 2021-22 at $740 a pop, is $5.18M. Just no excuse for the poor rollout of scores and the FERPA violations. And why does it take so long for the scores? Ppl who need to retake could have months more to re-study.

I just now got the email that my score report, which was available last night, is available.
Yeah I was so scared this morning when I read that email that somehow they released the wrong scores last night and that it changed somehow

• Care
I got VetPrep in Mar 2023 but didn’t seriously start studying/doing VetPrep until Aug (4 months before exam). Ended up finishing 80%. Looked at the free materials that Zuko posts on their website (they have PDFs and some videos that you don’t have to pay for). Started using the Superboards document 2 weeks before my exam. Took ICVA assessment 2 weeks before my exam and another one 1 week before my exam and ended up getting within the range on these practice tests as I got on the actual test + passed.

What I would have changed:
- started more religiously doing VetPrep earlier since it became difficult to do so many questions each week
- completed my ICVA practice assessment 1-2 months before my exam. Completed a second one 2 weeks before the exam as the week before my exam I was more focused on reviewing my notes than looking into why I got questions wrong on my practice test
- started using the Superboards pdf sooner

are the pasquini clinic guides online somewhere? I’ve just never heard of these
Hit me up in a DM ill send you what I have of the bovine equine and small animal, the equine I only have internal med

Okay Ill post the link here I did not expect so many inbox messages. Once I get better reception I'll post the link to this

Last edited:
There’s a lot of good advice here about how to regroup and prepare to retake this ridiculous exam. The one thing I would add is to come up with a strategy for taking the exam. During my prep I took simulated exams every Saturday (60 questions in 65 minutes X6). While I always had a score that was well above passing, which means nothing, I noticed that some of the questions I got wrong were really easy and that I had simply misread it. This is when I came up with my test taking strategy of taking the full amount of time allowed to carefully read every question in order to understand what they were really asking. I basically forced myself to not skim the questions like many of my friends, who finished in 4-5 hours and passed. Ultimately, by studying and using test taking strategy I increased my score by 50 points.
I should also add that my prior exams showed that my deficiency was in small animal med, so that’s what I focused my studying on, only occasionally going over equine and food animal which I was far more comfortable with.

TLDR: Take weekly practice exams, formulate a test taking strategy, and focus your studies on your clinical weaknesses.

There’s a lot of good advice here about how to regroup and prepare to retake this ridiculous exam. The one thing I would add is to come up with a strategy for taking the exam. During my prep I took simulated exams every Saturday (60 questions in 65 minutes X6). While I always had a score that was well above passing, which means nothing, I noticed that some of the questions I got wrong were really easy and that I had simply misread it. This is when I came up with my test taking strategy of taking the full amount of time allowed to carefully read every question in order to understand what they were really asking. I basically forced myself to not skim the questions like many of my friends, who finished in 4-5 hours and passed. Ultimately, by studying and using test taking strategy I increased my score by 50 points.
I should also add that my prior exams showed that my deficiency was in small animal med, so that’s what I focused my studying on, only occasionally going over equine and food animal which I was far more comfortable with.

TLDR: Take weekly practice exams, formulate a test taking strategy, and focus your studies on your clinical weaknesses.
Thank you for your helpful advice. Would you recommend buying Zuku or Vet Prep again in order to take the practice exams?

Thank you for your helpful advice. Would you recommend buying Zuku or Vet Prep again in order to take the practice exams?

I started with Zuku and switched to vet prep. Zuku has a lot of amazing information which often would lead me down rabbit holes during my studying, but that’s my personality. I found that vet prep’s questions were closer to what is asked on the exam.

One thing I didn’t mention before is that in addition to study notes I made a list of cardiac conditions and the meds used to treat them, as well as a list of cattle and swine diarrhea diseases and their treatments.

I saw your signature mentions STATMed. They also offer a course for the NAVLE but more focused on test-taking strategy/studying so I'm not sure if it's similar to what you've already done. It helped improve my score by 50-75 points but I also had more time to study compared to while I was in rotations. (Also an ISU grad btw :) )

• Love
I saw your signature mentions STATMed. They also offer a course for the NAVLE but more focused on test-taking strategy/studying so I'm not sure if it's similar to what you've already done. It helped improve my score by 50-75 points but I also had more time to study compared to while I was in rotations. (Also an ISU grad btw :) )
what is STATMed? If you used all of this, how was it helpful for navle prep?

what is STATMed? If you used all of this, how was it helpful for navle prep?
STATMed is a company that helps you with studying/test-taking. They teach you how to study more effectively (active vs passive). For the NAVLE, I was passively studying because I was just overwhelmed by the amount of material. It helped me tackle things in more digestible chunks. Near the end, I had a bunch of study sheets that I was purely actively recalling all the information on them when I self-tested myself. I did this for the big 4 species using power pages.

As far as test-taking, they're great if you're making test-taking misses (reading the prompt wrong, putting in assumptions, twisting information to make it fit to what you're thinking etc.)

I would not recommend it for someone who thinks they're just lacking the knowledge aspect. (You believe you're just missing questions because you don't know the material/topic enough)

I got through less VetPrep than before because of the steps they teach to answer questions but I understood why I missed questions instead of just saying I missed things because I didn't have the knowledge.

There is a lot of self-reflection and a lot of intention on your part to find out why you missed questions. (Was it truly because you didn't know the material, or did you have a few missteps that led you to choose the wrong answer)

You can always contact them and chat with the founder about your problems and he can make recommendations!

Reactions: 1 users

Pleuropneumonia

She explains the "SPOQ" method to approaching a question. I found this incredibly helpful!

TL;DR
  1. Zuku
  4. ICVA Assessments
  7. Positive mindset

Pleuropneumonia

TL;DR
  1. Zuku
  4. ICVA Assessments
  7. Positive mindset

Hello, hope this message finds you well. I’m facing a similar situation you described. I’m planning to re-take the navle , next April 2024. I’m feeling frustrated, and I’m running out of options. Do you have additional recommendations, do you know any study group, any tutor or study partners? I’ll appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

STATMed is a company that helps you with studying/test-taking. They teach you how to study more effectively (active vs passive). For the NAVLE, I was passively studying because I was just overwhelmed by the amount of material. It helped me tackle things in more digestible chunks. Near the end, I had a bunch of study sheets that I was purely actively recalling all the information on them when I self-tested myself. I did this for the big 4 species using power pages.

As far as test-taking, they're great if you're making test-taking misses (reading the prompt wrong, putting in assumptions, twisting information to make it fit to what you're thinking etc.)

I would not recommend it for someone who thinks they're just lacking the knowledge aspect. (You believe you're just missing questions because you don't know the material/topic enough)

I got through less VetPrep than before because of the steps they teach to answer questions but I understood why I missed questions instead of just saying I missed things because I didn't have the knowledge.

There is a lot of self-reflection and a lot of intention on your part to find out why you missed questions. (Was it truly because you didn't know the material, or did you have a few missteps that led you to choose the wrong answer)

You can always contact them and chat with the founder about your problems and he can make recommendations!
so this time around, I’m adding in ALL the things that people recommend bc I have to and will pass this time. So I’m doing everything i already did (which was soo much already and I was so close), and adding in everything else. Thank you for telling me about this.

Is this what you’re talking about: Study Strategies for Veterinary School and NAVLE | STATMed Learning
Do they have a study plan? Do you take classes or do you work with someone individually? I guess I can email them for my options. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Hello, hope this message finds you well. I’m facing a similar situation you described. I’m planning to re-take the navle , next April 2024. I’m feeling frustrated, and I’m running out of options. Do you have additional recommendations, do you know any study group, any tutor or study partners? I’ll appreciate your advice.

Thanks.
I’m not taking it until the fall but I’d be happy to review with you or quiz etc since I’m going to start slowing reviewing everything again and it would help me in my reviewing too!

so this time around, I’m adding in ALL the things that people recommend bc I have to and will pass this time. So I’m doing everything i already did (which was soo much already and I was so close), and adding in everything else. Thank you for telling me about this.

Is this what you’re talking about: Study Strategies for Veterinary School and NAVLE | STATMed Learning
Do they have a study plan? Do you take classes or do you work with someone individually? I guess I can email them for my options. Thank you so much for sharing this.

So, I would only recommend doing this if you have a lot of time to commit. I was off clinics when I took this and it took a lot of time out of my day. There is a lot of work on your part and not so much on their part (comparatively)

For the first two weeks there are just on-demand videos going over the process and common mistakes people make. Keep in mind most material has been curated to cater to medical students. The concept/idea is the same though. You meet a few times a week in something like a zoom session with a group (I had 15-20 in my class) and discuss whatever homework was assigned. Mostly a lot of self reflection and hearing others’ problems they were having and what revelation they made.

The 3rd and 4th week there is less meeting and more videos about the process on like how you answer questions. You will get through VetPrep/Zuku EXTREMELY slow in comparison to without this course.

I can easily do 15 vet prep questions in 10-12 minutes and move on. With the starting of learning the process, it will take you 20-30 minutes to get through 15 (plus another 30 when you choose a question to do a deeper analysis on) because you really need to sit and think what mistake did you make that led you to the incorrect answer?

For me personally, I would be able to narrow down 50-50 a lot of questions but then choose the wrong answer at that point. (My mistake was I chose whatever I was most familiar with instead of actually thinking about it)

I attempted to follow the VetPrep study plan using the method from statmed and I quickly fell behind because you can’t get through it while doing the method they teach.

Sorry I ended up rambling lol

So, I would only recommend doing this if you have a lot of time to commit. I was off clinics when I took this and it took a lot of time out of my day. There is a lot of work on your part and not so much on their part (comparatively)

For the first two weeks there are just on-demand videos going over the process and common mistakes people make. Keep in mind most material has been curated to cater to medical students. The concept/idea is the same though. You meet a few times a week in something like a zoom session with a group (I had 15-20 in my class) and discuss whatever homework was assigned. Mostly a lot of self reflection and hearing others’ problems they were having and what revelation they made.

The 3rd and 4th week there is less meeting and more videos about the process on like how you answer questions. You will get through VetPrep/Zuku EXTREMELY slow in comparison to without this course.

I can easily do 15 vet prep questions in 10-12 minutes and move on. With the starting of learning the process, it will take you 20-30 minutes to get through 15 (plus another 30 when you choose a question to do a deeper analysis on) because you really need to sit and think what mistake did you make that led you to the incorrect answer?

For me personally, I would be able to narrow down 50-50 a lot of questions but then choose the wrong answer at that point. (My mistake was I chose whatever I was most familiar with instead of actually thinking about it)

I attempted to follow the VetPrep study plan using the method from statmed and I quickly fell behind because you can’t get through it while doing the method they teach.

Sorry I ended up rambling lol

Thank you so much for your response!

Sorry I just wanted clarification with this comment: “You will get through VetPrep/Zuku EXTREMELY slow in comparison to without this course”. I‘m sorry I’m not understanding if you’re saying doing the Statmed course takes a lot of time therefore Vetprep/Zuku will take a long time to get through OR if you mean Vetprep/zuku will take a long time to get through without the Statmed course bc it is so helpful. If I am reading it correctly it seems you are saying vetprep/zuku takes a lot longer to get through bc you’re learning a way to dissect the questions.

I am trying to decide right now if I want to take it again in April or wait until Nov/Dec (leaning towards taking it in April). I have used VetPrep every time, have not yet tried Zuku (so I will do that this time) and do vetprep again (free) bc I already finished 100% of this last go around. I got a 402 and needed 425. I did not get any sleep (literally zero minutes) the night before the exam due to adrenaline and anxiety, and the second day taking it (accomodations) I got 2 hours. I believe this significantly affected my test score and my recall. I looked up this Statmed course and it is veryyyyy expensive. I only would want to take it if I believe it would greatly increase my exam score. I feel I make some mistakes with reading the question thoroughly, but this time due to not sleeping, I do feel I wasn’t reading them well at all due to that. I do believe if i had slept, I would have passed 😭. My Vet friends are saying I don’t need to take this course, but I guess I am asking from your opinion taking it, do you feel it was crazy helpful for the navle? I appreciate your help so much!

Sorry I just wanted clarification with this comment: “You will get through VetPrep/Zuku EXTREMELY slow in comparison to without this course”. I‘m sorry I’m not understanding if you’re saying doing the Statmed course takes a lot of time therefore Vetprep/Zuku will take a long time to get through OR if you mean Vetprep/zuku will take a long time to get through without the Statmed course bc it is so helpful. If I am reading it correctly it seems you are saying vetprep/zuku takes a lot longer to get through bc you’re learning a way to dissect the questions.

I am trying to decide right now if I want to take it again in April or wait until Nov/Dec (leaning towards taking it in April). I have used VetPrep every time, have not yet tried Zuku (so I will do that this time) and do vetprep again (free) bc I already finished 100% of this last go around. I got a 402 and needed 425. I did not get any sleep (literally zero minutes) the night before the exam due to adrenaline and anxiety, and the second day taking it (accomodations) I got 2 hours. I believe this significantly affected my test score and my recall. I looked up this Statmed course and it is veryyyyy expensive. I only would want to take it if I believe it would greatly increase my exam score. I feel I make some mistakes with reading the question thoroughly, but this time due to not sleeping, I do feel I wasn’t reading them well at all due to that. I do believe if i had slept, I would have passed 😭. My Vet friends are saying I don’t need to take this course, but I guess I am asking from your opinion taking it, do you feel it was crazy helpful for the navle? I appreciate your help so much!
If you need a way to help yourself fall asleep prior to the exam, possibly try melatonin. CVS has melatonin that you can get over the counter.

If you need a way to help yourself fall asleep prior to the exam, possibly try melatonin. CVS has melatonin that you can get over the counter.
Oh trust me I already do holistic medicine, supplements, and Chinese herbs in my life. I had taken melatonin but this was due to so much anxiety and adrenaline.I have additional things I can take but will prep myself better with a better sleep schedule as well.

Did anyone dissect and go through the ICVA assesment exams 1 and 3? I hate that they do not GI rush the expanded pack option with these two. This exam is hard enough.

How long did it take you filling out the entire icva species and diagnoses list? It’s a super long intimating list and with only a couple months it seems daunting, so jsut curious how long this took for you! If you’re happy to share any guides and pasquini I would sooo appreciate it!! This isn’t my first time taking it and I’ve done everything already in order to prep for it.

Sorry for the slow response, you will get through zuku/vet prep slowly because of needing to dissect the questions more as well as when you review the question, know why you missed it and sometimes, depending on the question, do a further analysis. (I finished < 30 % but I also didn’t hardcore do questions — I focused more on making study pages for myself to test myself on. So my outlines were pretty bare bones and a lot of quizzing.)

I’ve heard of statmed helping increase other people’s scores by 30 and one person claimed 150! (I was about 50-60) But at the end of the day, it’s a ****ty test and I honestly feel it’s just luck what questions you get.

I definitely do think a good nights sleep is important.