NAVLE 2024 Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm fairly annoyed they still sent the email saying score reports are available well after they were aware of the screw up and had already shut down score availability. I was blissfully living my life, unaware of any issues, prior to receiving that email... and now I must sit and wallow in an existential dread for minutes, hours, days, who knows how long.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Me either, lol, or any email

Bizarre how a screw up of this magnitude could occur when it's an automated process and the one they've been using for years.
The mismatched names on pages of reports is particularly strange.
This mess up is nothing new as far as I'm aware. Last year I heard from c/o 2023 that they received their scores as an email attachment, and some had another student's score. I'm assuming in precaution of a screw up, ICVA released in the portal to have better control of being able to lock access to wrongfully received scores vs. an email they cannot take back.

IMG_2915.jpg

And now this

I’m thinking this could take 24 hours because of technical issues

coming out of a 3 year long hiatus to say WTH :bullcrap:

Reactions: 2 users
From Reddit “Not a lawyer, nor official legal advice. Data breaches of this type often result in class-action lawsuits. It is worth potentially discussing if you know a lawyer. If this happened with the SAT, MCAT, GRE, or any other standardized test, it would be all over the news.

Additionally, this is a direct breach of FERPA laws, and anyone who was in the November 1st - December 15th testing block should report this to the Department of Education using the "FERPA Complaint Form" at the bottom of this page: https://studentprivacy.ed.gov/file-a-complaint”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From Reddit “Not a lawyer, nor official legal advice. Data breaches of this type often result in class-action lawsuits. It is worth potentially discussing if you know a lawyer. If this happened with the SAT, MCAT, GRE, or any other standardized test, it would be all over the news.

Additionally, this is a direct breach of FERPA laws, and anyone who was in the November 1st - December 15th testing block should report this to the Department of Education using the "FERPA Complaint Form" at the bottom of this page: https://studentprivacy.ed.gov/file-a-complaint”
I'm on board

My profile pic is how I feel about ICVA right now

• Haha
The other student on this shift with me said that his girlfriend just got her score, so maybe they're starting to trickle out again.

I still have nothing.

Reactions: 3 users
This mess up is nothing new as far as I'm aware. Last year I heard from c/o 2023 that they received their scores as an email attachment, and some had another student's score. I'm assuming in precaution of a screw up, ICVA released in the portal to have better control of being able to lock access to wrongfully received scores vs. an email they cannot take back.
How about if they try getting it right the first time? They rake in $2.1M per year for this exam. What are they doing with the money? Clearly not spending it on a competent tech team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I know I'm going to be trying to log in to the results portal every 5 minutes today just waiting for it to work. Ug this week.

I dare not trust or hope…

How about if they try getting it right the first time? They rake in $2.1M per year for this exam. What are they doing with the money? Clearly not spending it on a competent tech team.
Oh I completely agree with you on that. They've had, at the very least, an entire year since the same mistake happened during the 2022 Nov/Dec window to trouble shoot where the glitch in the system is. That is assuming last year was the first time this issue occurred, they may have had even longer. Then they had a month since the 2023 Nov/Dec window before releasing scores during which they could have triple checked they fixed the glitch. Clearly they weren't confident they had solved the issue if they made the decision not to send scores as email attachments this year and consequently give up their control to "take it back" if they leaked data to the wrong individuals. They do have control of who can access a portal and it's a cheap/easy security measure to implement since they neglected to handle this glitch for a year or longer.

Sorry for the rant. I'm moderately frustrated.

Since they are saying its an NBME issue I'm curious if this error has happened with other licensing reports they oversee or just with the NAVLE candidates....like just imagining the public outrage if they released incorrect licensing information on the human med side of things...

I was really hoping we would have results by lunch time :`(

Some people are getting their results, but the website still won't let me see the document. Anyone else having this issue?

• Angry
I still can't see any documents either.

• Angry
Cannot access the website

• Angry
I am hoping they release the scores right at 5 pm. I don't want to imagine doing this for another day, week, etc.

I am hoping they release the scores right at 5 pm. I don't want to imagine doing this for another day, week, etc.
Same. Like telling us they'll release scores today made me stressed enough. Please please don't do this again.

The more I think about it, the more outrageous it is that this is a repeat performance. Does anybody know a journalist? If you don’t, shake your social network tree. Like several people said, if they did this to human doctors, or lawyers, it would be all over the news. But that’s because doctors/lawyers would be making a stink and calling the press. I am sure many of us are 1-2 degrees of separation from journalists. Let’s try to get in contact with them.

Part of me thinks this will happen so that they don't have to take any phone calls until tomorrow

Part of me thinks this will happen so that they don't have to take any phone calls until tomorrow
I agree. It's the same as they likely planned for the board meeting. Release the scores and then be unreachable lol

Still no active documents, but the “reports delayed” message is now gone…
IMG_8347.jpeg

ICVA, you had ONE job

• Angry
Okay, so the latest email says they’re still on track to release by 5 PM EST. Less than 40 minutes to go…