MU-COM class of 2017 accepted thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prindlks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I cannot wait to go to MU-COM next fall ! I've been creeping on these forums since last week (I had an interview on the 5th, Cohort O) and finally decided to make an account. I'm so excited to get to know everyone!

296 days until the white coat ceremony!

Yay! What day did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Are you for sure coming here?

Yes! I am very sold on MU-COM...I feel like we are going to be a part of something very special. Cant wait! :)

I cannot wait to go to MU-COM next fall ! I've been creeping on these forums since last week (I had an interview on the 5th, Cohort O) and finally decided to make an account. I'm so excited to get to know everyone!

296 days until the white coat ceremony!

This calls for an oversized advent calendar! :D

Hi all; thanks for starting this! First time poster here and got the acceptance call last Thursday! Interviewed Saturday the 6th...I'm so excited to be a part of the first year class. Like you, prindlks, the great news got the best of me and I spaced when letters were to come - I believe I remember the official letters were to come out this week - can anyone confirm that?

Haha I know the feeling. I thought I would yell with excitement when I got the call but I just ended up so stunned that I didn't know what to say. Then he gave me some of the comments that the interviewers said about me and I was even more speechless. I was accepted at another school a couple weeks before and they just called me and told me I was accepted, but the feedback from Marian made me feel like they wanted me as much as I wanted them.

Thanks for the quick response! I agree. The comments provided regarding my specific application during the call was really an unexpected surprise, and it speaks volumes to the effort the admissions committee is putting into selecting the class.

Thanks for the info.- I'll be on the look-out tomorrow then!

Congrats everyone!

Hey I think I know you if you are from Ky. I was the girl with the floppy, epic-fail of an umbrella that sat next to you during the first presentation!

That's it!!!! Glad you got in... :) join the fb group...

Im glad we are at a school that can react quickly to changes, like todays AOA/ACGME announcement. I feel like we are in good hands here...

Agreed. My only wish is that the portal would update! Maybe today is the day.

Congrats to everybody accepted today!!!

Greetings, MU-COM Class of 2017!! With most of our recruitment travel over, we are finally turning our attention to the portal updates. Sorry for the delay. The changes will happen late next week or early the following week. In the meantime, your admit email will go out today with a link to the website to pay your deposit (for those who are eager and super excited ... which I trust is all of you!). We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
MU-COM Admissions

So happy to have the opportunity to join the Marian family!!

I have a feeling this school will quickly rise to the top of the DO ranks

UPDATE:

Email version of offers of admission were just sent to all admits from all three weeks of committee review. We decided to give a Halloween surprise to the latest group of MU-COM doctors!

Congrats and welcome!!!

MU-COM Admissions

So EXCITED!! I'm so happy to be in this most fantastic class of obviously brilliant people who will be the INAUGURAL class of Marian!!

Honestly after receiving the most wonderful news of my life on Thursday (the acceptance call), I woke up on Friday and wondered if it had all actually happened! I knew it had, of course, and I checked my phone records and everything to be sure I wasn't dreaming!

However, that lovely email letter expressing the congratulations for acceptance was the ICING on the cake!! (OK, I admit, I forwarded it to my mom and dad so they could beam with pride a little bit more!) :p

Saving up every penny and working tons of extra shifts to get enough for the deposit, but I will get it somehow. Looking forward to meeting everyone and celebrating our futures as osteopaths together!!

So EXCITED!! I'm so happy to be in this most fantastic class of obviously brilliant people who will be the INAUGURAL class of Marian!!

Honestly after receiving the most wonderful news of my life on Thursday (the acceptance call), I woke up on Friday and wondered if it had all actually happened! I knew it had, of course, and I checked my phone records and everything to be sure I wasn't dreaming!

However, that lovely email letter expressing the congratulations for acceptance was the ICING on the cake!! (OK, I admit, I forwarded it to my mom and dad so they could beam with pride a little bit more!) :p

Saving up every penny and working tons of extra shifts to get enough for the deposit, but I will get it somehow. Looking forward to meeting everyone and celebrating our futures as osteopaths together!!

:) I'm excited as well!!!

Interviewed on 10/19 and accepted on 10/25. I'm soooo excited! What an absolute dream come true!! I just looked at the Facebook page and submitted to be a member of the group-whoo hoo!

Cant wait to get to know everyone!! So excited for next year to start!!

Me too! Join the FB group so we can get to know you better :)

With great fanfare, I can announce that the portal will update for admitted students on Wednesday of this week.

MU-COM Admissions

With great fanfare, I can announce that the portal will update for admitted students on Wednesday of this week.

MU-COM Admissions

Thank you so much!!! I am excited to see the new page.

Important Updates:
- Portal has been updated for current admits.
- Regarding housing, we will be in touch soon to share information about on- and off-campus living options. More information will be available at the Admitted Student Program in March.
- Finally, a question was posted to the FB group about technology and equipment. Students will be responsible for purchasing diagnostic equipment like stethoscopes (estimated cost after discounts that we are negotiating will be $300+/-). Since we will be paperless in the curriculum also, students will need a laptop, tablet, iPad, or the like. Most PC and Mac systems will work, but we are developing minimum specifications to distribute at the Admitted Student Program in March.

MU-COM Admissions

Curriculum details will be added to the portal for admits on Friday.

MU-COM

Curriculum update is done ... just waiting for it to be uploaded to the portal. Sorry. Hopeful for this weekend, but Monday at the latest.

MU-COM

The curriculum information is in the portal under "MU-COM Advantages." Enjoy!

MU-COM Admissions

The curriculum information is in the portal under "MU-COM Advantages." Enjoy!

MU-COM Admissions

There is a TON of information now that I have a chance to read and print it all out. Even more excited to come here!! Thank you again for being so receptive to us!