Mountains - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mountainous means no power roles, right?

Other than me being the Alpha Townie, of course.
True, my friend, the roles in this game are listed in the opening post. Tis an open setup.

Yes, it's all vanilla.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Day 1 Yeet Tally

0/15
yeet closes in ~30.5 hours

Reactions: 1 users
True, my friend, the roles in this game are listed in the opening post. Tis an open setup.

Yes, it's all vanilla.
Speaking of the opening post, are all votes locked as soon as they're made, or does that only happen after a certain time or condition? I couldn't quite parse the way it was written.

Oh, and sidenote to Dubz: we should add "alpha townie" to list of roles to use in an over-the-top bastard game

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking of the opening post, are all votes locked as soon as they're made, or does that only happen after a certain time or condition? I couldn't quite parse the way it was written.

Oh, and sidenote to Dubz: we should add "alpha townie" to list of roles to use in an over-the-top bastard game
Votes only are locked specifically in VOLO.

Hmm reading the roster there’s no names that are just screaming that they need to be yeeted

So to start us off
Yeet true
For that one time

• Hmm
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Oh alpha villager has been a joke for a long long time

Ever since MJ claimed that what he was when he was actually chaos :yeahright:

Can't remember if I've actually called a role that yet though, so yes :heckyeah:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Majority hits starting D2, so we have to be careful about runaway wagons closing votes early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm reading the roster there’s no names that are just screaming that they need to be yeeted

So to start us off
Yeet true
For that one time
Oh yeah we have to do that voting thing huh

I used to be REALLY bad about going through already dead-set on my read of someone, and that's dangerous because you can twist pretty much anything to fit a narrative once you're locked in on it.
Pro tip to all nooblets: this is a great way to fake ISOs when you're wolfing

• Angry
Pro tip to all nooblets: this is a great way to fake ISOs when you're wolfing
It's also a great way to spend too much time on a game regardless of aff.

I still think about that time I spent 3 hours on an ISO to come out with the wrong conclusion at the end of it.

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
I still think about that time I spent 3 hours on an ISO to come out with the wrong conclusion at the end of it.
The idea that there might be some sort of returns in accuracy of reads for time you put into them is so foreign to me. I only get better at the game with more time put in insofar as it stops people from misyeeting me.

The idea that there might be some sort of returns in accuracy of reads for time you put into them is so foreign to me.
I get emotionally invested in the ISOs being actually useful, thinking about spending that much time and effort on one for it to be completely wrong at the end is almost as painful as thinking about how much that also applies to my PhD work.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
For a second I thought it said 150 posts max per game and I got real scared about counting correctly

• Haha
  • Care
I wanna try very hard not to get the noob spookies about speechy but the post about PSV not telling her who PSV is made me ickkkk

• Care

So to start us off
Yeet true
For that one time
Honestly, fair

So this is based on a previous game? Any sketch feels towards true at this point at all?
I shot her with a one-use Vig shot when there were three villagers, one wolf, and two cultists left in the game.

Basically locked the game for one of the scum factions to win.

• Care
I wanna try very hard not to get the noob spookies about speechy but the post about PSV not telling her who PSV is made me ickkkk
Eh, it's probably NAI. No one has PRs in this game so it would be a pretty silly time to try fishing.
...also I think she would immediately tell me IRL if she was a goon.

• Haha
Seems approximately as not-aware-of-forum-culture as I was for my first couple games.

• Haha
Vote dolphin

Most of y'all don't know this, but she's sketchy as heck
Don’t you prefer not to go straight to voting sketchballs/low-hanging fruit?

I might just have no WW memory left

• Care
  • Haha
Also @speechy_keen I assume that you've been told, but in case not, this is the least casual/goofy game that I've been in: we're preparing shorty and Zenge for a srs bznz competitive game with folks from other forums.

Just know that most games on here are a good bit looser/more casual!

• Care
Also @speechy_keen I assume that you've been told, but in case not, this is the least casual/goofy game that I've been in: we're preparing shorty and Zenge for a srs bznz competitive game with folks from other forums.

Just know that most games on here are a good bit looser/more casual!
It really ... doesn't have to be that way. Some people get tightly wound about it over here, but I don't think it's really necessary. Both of us have played over there before - and Zenge will only be playing champs if I have to sub out for some reason.

We can have just as much fun in this game as other games. It doesn't need to be Serious and Serious Only Practice.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I think the goal of champs practice is more to get a chance to be familiar with the setup than anything else.
Of course, you could take this as an opportunity to be as sketchy as you want, because we're all going to feel bad about voting for you for at least the first couple days 😂

• Haha
It really ... doesn't have to be that way. Some people get tightly wound about it over here, but I don't think it's really necessary. Both of us have played over there before - and Zenge will only be playing champs if I have to sub out for some reason.

We can have just as much fun in this game as other games. It doesn't need to be Serious and Serious Only Practice.
Retweet

• Care
  • Love
Of course, you could take this as an opportunity to be as sketchy as you want, because we're all going to feel bad about voting for you for at least the first couple days 😂
zenge already has "just modded" immunity too!

• Wow
  • Care
See the funny thing is, I didn't even know what the letters stood for, I just knew it meant "when you spend an hour finding evidence in people's posts to back up the conclusion you've already come to"
Hmm I think I Like you, but also this triggered a lot of flashbacks for me. Then what happens I scroll down more see WZ voting for me how rude.. and you fell right into my flashbacks. Does the Pokemon game mean nothing to you? :bigtears:

• Care
I just want to say, I've been hearing about several of y'all non-stop for the past few months so it's a pleasure to be here. I know more about y'all than you could ever hope to know about me. I also realize that last sentence sounds very threatening but I'm leaving it.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users