Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bummer. This waiting is so hard.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I Just Called To Get An Update && The Guy Said The Next Committee Meeting Isn’t Until The 17th 😩🫠 Y’all The Anxiety Has Really Been Getting To Me .!

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an acceptance email with an “unofficial letter of acceptance”… it said my official letter of acceptance should be coming in the next three weeks… I don’t really know if this is a scam? I know it sounds crazy, just the circumstances seem off.

I just received an acceptance email with an “unofficial letter of acceptance”… it said my official letter of acceptance should be coming in the next three weeks… I don’t really know if this is a scam? I know it sounds crazy, just the circumstances seem off. I interviewed on 12/7 for reference.

I just received an acceptance email with an “unofficial letter of acceptance”… it said my official letter of acceptance should be coming in the next three weeks… I don’t really know if this is a scam? I know it sounds crazy, just the circumstances seem off.
That was the first thing I got when I was accepted. Check your portal to be sure! It should have an accepted student checklist included now.

Can't believe I'm saying this but - accepted via portal changing last night and email received this morning! So happy. This is my 2nd application cycle. I interviewed on December 7th :) I hope you all get the news you are hoping for as well!

Also, in case some of you are waiting for an answer after others from the same interview day have been accepted - last year that happened to me and it took them a few weeks to email me to let me know I was waitlisted. Not sure if that's how it works for everyone but that was my experience

I interviewed on 11/30 and haven’t heard anything 😕

Did anyone get a prompt to confirm their address information when they logged into their portal today? I wouldn't put it past me to just have clicked on something weird that made that happen without realizing it, but I was hoping it meant they were confirming it before sending an acceptance letter lol. My acceptance checklist still hasn't changed though, and I interviewed on November 30th.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a prompt to confirm their address information when they logged into their portal today? I wouldn't put it past me to just have clicked on something weird that made that happen without realizing it, but I was hoping it meant they were confirming it before sending an acceptance letter lol. My acceptance checklist still hasn't changed though, and I interviewed on November 30th.
I got the same thing today and I’m on interview waitlist. I was hoping it meant they might send me an invite lol. Looks like it was just some generic thing.

I got that today as well and interviewed 11/30 also

I got the same thing today and I’m on interview waitlist. I was hoping it meant they might send me an invite lol. Looks like it was just some generic thing.
Bummer 😂 I had such hope haha!

I got the same thing as well. I have been on the Alternate list since Dec 7th. I interviewed on Nov 17th. Still waiting to hear anything but I heard it could be as late as 2 weeks into the school year.

Does anyone know how many people are on the Alternate list? What are the chances of being accepted if you are an alternate??

I also got the address thing in my portal and interviewed on 11/30 with no other updates since then

If I have not received any communication besides setting up an account on their website, should I assume that's a rejection? It seems like from what I am reading here, interviews ended back in December. Should I e-mail them or do you think they would be annoyed by the inquiry?
I haven't heard anything from them since setting up my account as well. I'm wondering the same thing.

Does anyone know how many people are on the Alternate list? What are the chances of being accepted if you are an alternate
I got the same thing as well. I have been on the Alternate list since Dec 7th. I interviewed on Nov 17th. Still waiting to hear anything but I heard it could be as late as 2 weeks into the school year.
That happened to me too

That happened to me too
I was on the alternate list for what felt like forever. Basically anyone who interviews but doesn't get accepted is on the waitlist. Last year they filled their seats right away and only took a handful off the alternate so the odds were not high. But other years they took a bunch so it really depends

Last edited:
I just got an email from admissions that the committee meets every Tuesday.

i literally haven’t even heard back about an interview or waitlist… i’ve been forgotten😭

i literally haven’t even heard back about an interview or waitlist… i’ve been forgotten😭
same 😵‍💫 I heard I was on the waitlist about 2 months ago but nothing since. I guess I’m rejected, but I have other offers 🙏

I just got an interview invite for 2/1 through the portal! This is the first I've heard from them since setting up my portal in september, so don't lose hope ❤️

I hope I’m taken off of the alternative list soon

I just got an interview invite for 2/1 through the portal! This is the first I've heard from them since setting up my portal in september, so don't lose hope ❤️
I just got mine as well for the same day!!!

• Love
Just got mine too!

• Love
Ok so I didn't see the email confirming that the university received my application and the link to register in the portal UNTIL TODAY 😭😭. I checked and in the Portal Interview Scheduling says that I "do not have any interviews to schedule (via the online system) at this time". I submitted the VMCAS application on 9/11 and Midwestern confirmed they received it on 9/22 (that's when they sent the link to the portal).

Did you guys receive interview invitations via email or portal? When you guys received the invitations, did they give a deadline to confirm the interview? I'm scared that I might have missed my invitation (if any) if it was through the portal😩

Ok so I didn't see the email confirming that the university received my application and the link to register in the portal UNTIL TODAY . I checked and in the Portal Interview Scheduling says that I "do not have any interviews to schedule (via the online system) at this time". I submitted the VMCAS application on 9/11 and Midwestern confirmed they received it on 9/22 (that's when they sent the link to the portal).

Did you guys receive interview invitations via email or portal? When you guys received the invitations, did they give a deadline to confirm the interview? I'm scared that I might have missed my invitation (if any) if it was through the portal
They sent me an email inviting me for an interview!

Ok so I didn't see the email confirming that the university received my application and the link to register in the portal UNTIL TODAY 😭😭. I checked and in the Portal Interview Scheduling says that I "do not have any interviews to schedule (via the online system) at this time". I submitted the VMCAS application on 9/11 and Midwestern confirmed they received it on 9/22 (that's when they sent the link to the portal).

Did you guys receive interview invitations via email or portal? When you guys received the invitations, did they give a deadline to confirm the interview? I'm scared that I might have missed my invitation (if any) if it was through the portal😩
I received the invitation through the portal last night, with app submission on 9/13 and confirmation on 9/22. I did not see anything about a deadline, but the interview scheduling page said "If you are unable to attend any of the following dates, you will be notified when further dates are made available." I would email them with your application number to see if they reviewed yours yet. When I did a few months ago, they were pretty fast to respond, but made it seem like they were done interviewing people (clearly not the case)

They sent me an email inviting me for an interview!
I received the invitation through the portal last night, with app submission on 9/13 and confirmation on 9/22. I did not see anything about a deadline, but the interview scheduling page said "If you are unable to attend any of the following dates, you will be notified when further dates are made available." I would email them with your application number to see if they reviewed yours yet. When I did a few months ago, they were pretty fast to respond, but made it seem like they were done interviewing people (clearly not the case)
Okay, this gives me a little bit of peace, thank you guys so much!! But it is so confusing, because some receive invitations via email, others through the portal😅
Where in the portal did the invitation appear?

Did the invitation appear in the Message Center or did you constantly check the Pre-accepted: Interview Scheduling tab?

Did the invitation appear in the Message Center or did you constantly check the Pre-accepted: Interview Scheduling tab?
Last night was a bit of blur (rough day at work and IS rejection), but I think it either came up as soon as I logged in, or it was in the interview schedule tab

Has anyone that interviewed on November 30th heard back? I haven't, and it's starting to stress me out that people who interviewed later than me are starting to get acceptances..

Has anyone that interviewed on November 30th heard back? I haven't, and it's starting to stress me out that people who interviewed later than me are starting to get acceptances..
I’m in the same position as you

Same here! It's definitely weird but I'm trying to not stress about it. When I interviewed at Ross there were several ppl on here who interviewed after I did and heard back before me. Maybe our group of interviewers aren't meeting until later in the month!

Has anyone received an interview invitation today? I'm beginning to get very worried 🥲

I’ve been on a waitlist just for an interview since November I’m taking it as a rejection .

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I just went on interview waitlist, I feel like that is so late in the game.