Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dr Meows are you still hoping to get off be AZCOM wait list? Is this your #1? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for your support!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at some past threads, it seems like they start pulling most people starting June ... yet I keep obsessively checking SDN and my portal for updates. Lol. Any word on the waitlist count? Good luck to everyone who is also waiting on that much-anticipated call!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at some past threads, it seems like they start pulling most people starting June ... yet I keep obsessively checking SDN and my portal for updates. Lol. Any word on the waitlist count? Good luck to everyone who is also waiting on that much-anticipated call!

Went in today to ask, they said 170

Oh wow.... I better get on this next cycle's application...

Just withdrew my spot. AZCOM was my first interview invite and my first acceptance, so it holds a special place in my heart. I hope my spot goes to an SDN'er! Good luck guys, it's a great school!

Primary Sent: 6/6
Primary Verified: 6/12
Complete: ~7/11
Interview Invite: 8/7
Interview: 9/13
Accepted: 9/27

I won't be following the thread anymore, so send me a PM if you have questions

Just withdrew my spot. AZCOM was my first interview invite and my first acceptance, so it holds a special place in my heart. I hope my spot goes to an SDN'er! Good luck guys, it's a great school!

Primary Sent: 6/6
Primary Verified: 6/12
Complete: ~7/11
Interview Invite: 8/7
Interview: 9/13
Accepted: 9/27

I won't be following the thread anymore, so send me a PM if you have questions

Thanks for letting us know Neko! Good luck to you wherever you're going :) :thumbup:

I also just withdrew my spot from AZCOM (ouch! losing that deposit really hurt.). Good luck everyone!

I made the alternative list here after my Interview on May 10. I have a 3.75 G.P.A. and a 32 MCAT and have already had a gap year after my undergraduate degree. For the last year I have simply been working part time minimum wage jobs. I was wondering what backup plan I should consider if I do not get in this year as I have been rejected everywhere else. Also are the chances semi good for me to get accepted after I make the alternative list?

I made the alternative list here after my Interview on May 10. I have a 3.75 G.P.A. and a 32 MCAT and have already had a gap year after my undergraduate degree. For the last year I have simply been working part time minimum wage jobs. I was wondering what backup plan I should consider if I do not get in this year as I have been rejected everywhere else. Also are the chances semi good for me to get accepted after I make the alternative list?

Sounds like your numbers are solid, but what's your science GPA? It could be your EC's and work experience that's lacking. A good job to get into that gives you relevant clinical experience is scribing. Scribe America gets pre-meds like you into these positions if they have them in your area. If you want the straight up answers of what's lacking in your application you should call the schools and ask someone from the adcom to go over it with you. Hang in there. My gap year turned into two gap years. All I can tell you is one word: perseverance. Where there's a will there's a way!

Sounds like your numbers are solid, but what's your science GPA? It could be your EC's and work experience that's lacking. A good job to get into that gives you relevant clinical experience is scribing. Scribe America gets pre-meds like you into these positions if they have them in your area. If you want the straight up answers of what's lacking in your application you should call the schools and ask someone from the adcom to go over it with you. Hang in there. My gap year turned into two gap years. All I can tell you is one word: perseverance. Where there's a will there's a way!
A few questions.

When dd you apply?

What are your clinical experiences?

Thanks for this wealth of information!

I have a question about courses at AZCOM -- are they still taught in an "integrated medicine" approach, where teams of healthcare professionals (PAs, pharmacy, etc) are brought together to learn ways to better use resources, work together, etc?

Thx

Thanks for this wealth of information!

I have a question about courses at AZCOM -- are they still taught in an "integrated medicine" approach, where teams of healthcare professionals (PAs, pharmacy, etc) are brought together to learn ways to better use resources, work together, etc?

Thx

There's only ever been the one course that aims (and fails miserably) to do that. Aside from that course, DO students and DPM students take basic sciences together and they both take immunology with pharm (and maybe optometry?).

Hi there,

Just curious, how late is too late to apply to AZCOM?

I would recommend mentioning that on the AZCOM 2017 fb page.

I just booked a room at the Drury Inn. Did you guys have to make reservations for the shuttle? The man I spoke to did not mention it but it is mentioned in the file that AZCOM sent out. Thanks for the help!

I just booked a room at the Drury Inn. Did you guys have to make reservations for the shuttle? The man I spoke to did not mention it but it is mentioned in the file that AZCOM sent out. Thanks for the help!

Wrong year.

Yes, you need to speak with the front desk and set it up.