Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i was in the same delimma but i don't have finals right now. it is a short notice but i decided to just interview as early as possible because i think the next interview dates might be in january. i think you should just wait because you definitely need to do well on your finals, its also a lot of planning if you are coming from far away.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey peeps, got a question regarding Pharmcas and Midwestern:

I am missing one course for Social Science and need to take it in Spring '11, and the academic update for Pharmcas closes Feb., 5th 2011 ( I think thats the last date for updating). How will Midwestern get final grade that I need to send them?

The class ends March 3rd, do I need to send in another transcript before Feb. 5th to let them know that course is "In-Progress," then send another one to the school after acceptance (if)?

Also LORS, Midwestern requires two, but I want to add a third one just in case if one doesn't follow through. Do they read the first two that are sent in if all three decides to write them? I have a pharmacist, chemistry and speech professor who are writing one. I prefer to have the Pharmacist and Chemistry be read.

Last edited:
Well, I received a waitlist letter today.
So I dunno if I will be joining y'all.
:mad:
Good luck to the others.

Well, I received a waitlist letter today.
So I dunno if I will be joining y'all.
:mad:
Good luck to the others.

Hey, don't get discouraged! Please don't lose hope. I know that people get pulled off the waiting list even a few days before the session starts!:xf::xf:

Hey peeps, got a question regarding Pharmcas and Midwestern:

I am missing one course for Social Science and need to take it in Spring '11, and the academic update for Pharmcas closes Feb., 5th 2011 ( I think thats the last date for updating). How will Midwestern get final grade that I need to send them?

The class ends March 3rd, do I need to send in another transcript before Feb. 5th to let them know that course is "In-Progress," then send another one to the school after acceptance (if)?

Also LORS, Midwestern requires two, but I want to add a third one just in case if one doesn't follow through. Do they read the first two that are sent in if all three decides to write them? I have a pharmacist, chemistry and speech professor who are writing one. I prefer to have the Pharmacist and Chemistry be read.

Just add the course "in progress" when the academic update window begins in this month. That way the will know you are taking it, and then just send the transcripts directly to MWU after you finish the course.

They only read two eLORS. I THINK it is the first two on the list, but I am not sure. That is just how mine were chosen. You are not able to add preference on certain letters.

Hey, don't get discouraged! Please don't lose hope. I know that people get pulled off the waiting list even a few days before the session starts!:xf::xf:

Thank sweetie. It is just frustrating, and I feel like I am going to have my life on hold until I hear from them.
NOT a feeling I enjoy.
Maybe once they get my OCHEM grades they will relent.:confused:

Thank sweetie. It is just frustrating, and I feel like I am going to have my life on hold until I hear from them.
NOT a feeling I enjoy.

I am sure they will!:)

NOT a feeling I enjoy.

I hope so. Like I told you, I don't know you but from the little bit I do know, you deserve this.
Hang in there :xf:

Another round of interviews tomorrow...good luck!
I've got another friend from school that will be there so I'm wishing her and the rest of you the best!

Anyone else have an interview this monday December 6th? And does anyone know about how many people there are per interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)

Personally, I wanted to get my interview out of the way on the soonest available date. The longer you wait, the longer you’ll be worrying about it. It is rolling admissions so the sooner you interview, the better chance you have of being admitted. Plus there really isn’t that much of a difference in price in plane tickets if you fly in the next week or the next month. As far as being cynical, you shouldn’t be! Midwestern decided you were qualified enough to want to interview you. You should be proud of that fact! Also, in Dean McCallian’s presentation before the interviews, he states that over 300 candidates are eventually offered acceptance out of ~385 that interview so your chances are really pretty good! The worst that can happen is you will get placed on the alternate list, which means you may eventually be accepted anyway.
Just bone up on the interview feedback portion of the site and practice, practice, practice giving genuine answers to your friends, family, or just yourself in the mirror! I did this and found I was much less nervous on interview day. If you know what you’re going to say ahead of time, your delivery will be much smoother and more believable. Just try not to sound like your giving a canned response. It’s a balancing act, but just try to sound sincere and you will do great!

Thank you very much KCPharmD and others who replied to my plea for advice. 300 out of 385 sounds like really good chances! I feel better about it now especially because I'll unfortunately have to wait for the next date. :( I would have loved to interview asap and get it over with because I'm really nervous about it. But it just wasn't possible on such short notice especially with all my finals (3 next week) and orgo the next which I really have to do well in! My stats aren't so high so my fall grades are my last chance to tell them I'm good enough (smart enough and doggone it people like me!) :)

I submitted the Midwestern glendale supp application on 11/29, no response yet.
I submitted Midwestern Chicago supp application last night, and just got an interview invite today.. awesome.. scheduled on jan 5. Am a little nervous coz this will be my first interview, but at least am one step away from the final decision.

I recieved a letter from Glendale saying that my application is pending for review and.... blah blah blah and that they recieve 1800 applications each year ( cant even remember everything is says)..
I think that is a fancy way of saying "NO to an interview".. and "NO to our school".. I knew from the beggining that was a waste of $$$, but nway no regrets. Atleast i experienced how the application process works. :smuggrin:

I recieved a letter from Glendale saying that my application is pending for review and.... blah blah blah and that they recieve 1800 applications each year ( cant even remember everything is says)..
I think that is a fancy way of saying "NO to an interview".. and "NO to our school".. I knew from the beggining that was a waste of $$$, but nway no regrets. Atleast i experienced how the application process works. :smuggrin:
lol that's silly. you got an interview with chicago and not AZ. i say the money was worth it because you never know where you'll get in. thats a problem, some people apply to 2-3 schools and then don't get in anywhere. as you can see w/ my signature i leave nothing to chance. good luck!

lol that's silly. you got an interview with chicago and not AZ. i say the money was worth it because you never know where you'll get in. thats a problem, some people apply to 2-3 schools and then don't get in anywhere. as you can see w/ my signature i leave nothing to chance. good luck!

Thanks monkieez, thats right. Atleast i got other interview invites at MWU CCP and Howard university. No complains.

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone out there who as recently submitted their Glendale supplemental hear back from an interview? I submitted mine Friday (12/3) and hoping to hear from them soon. Also does anyone know when the next cycle of interviews will be?

in case anybody is wondering, the admissions comittee is meeting this friday so those who interviewed 12/3 should recieve news by next week if accepted.

hi i was wondering if the accepted student checklist appears..does that mean i got accepted??

hi i was wondering if the accepted student checklist appears..does that mean i got accepted??
yep! congrats. that means they'll get around to calling you soon.

Edit: Also, if you are going to put the deposit down/joining our class, join our class's facebook group.

this is surreal! i interviewed on monday 12/6 :D

should i still go to the midwestern chicago interivew? for those of you that interviewed at both, which school did you guys like better?

this is surreal! i interviewed on monday 12/6 :D

should i still go to the midwestern chicago interivew? for those of you that interviewed at both, which school did you guys like better?

Congrats... Clearly we can't answer that question for you because it depends on where you would rather go. The two states are like opposites in weather, CPG is 3 years, CCP is 4, etc etc. If you would rather live in chcicago, go to the interview. If not, ummm why go?

So if the accepted applicant checklist isn't available, does that mean we didn't get accepted?

I did not have any change in my portal so I called admissions office this afternoon and they were able to tell me that I was on the alternate list..

pretty bummed but I guess that is better than a flat out rejection.. does anyone have any insight as to how likely it is to get pulled off the waitlist? Thanks in advance.

I did not have any change in my portal so I called admissions office this afternoon and they were able to tell me that I was on the alternate list..

pretty bummed but I guess that is better than a flat out rejection.. does anyone have any insight as to how likely it is to get pulled off the waitlist? Thanks in advance.

It is VERY likely that you could be pulled from the waitlist. They accept a strong majority of who they interview. I know it's a major bummer to have to wait, but you guys are definitely not out of the running.

If the accepted student checklist doesn't appear, it doesn't necessarily mean you were rejected/on the alternate list. I called admissions yesterday and they said about 20 applicants haven't been reviewed yet, so hopefully we hear some news next Friday when the admissions committee meet again.

Just add the course "in progress" when the academic update window begins in this month. That way the will know you are taking it, and then just send the transcripts directly to MWU after you finish the course.

They only read two eLORS. I THINK it is the first two on the list, but I am not sure. That is just how mine were chosen. You are not able to add preference on certain letters.
For the LOR's, they'll take the one from the pharmacist and the one from the science prof. I was in the same situation and they ignored the one from my econ prof, even though his was the first letter submitted.

For the LOR's, they'll take the one from the pharmacist and the one from the science prof. I was in the same situation and they ignored the one from my econ prof, even though his was the first letter submitted.

Not necessarily. For mine, they took one from a pharmacist and one from a previous employer. They did not take the one from the science professor.

hi, does anyone know if mwu allows an extension on the deposit due date?

hi, does anyone know if mwu allows an extension on the deposit due date?
I don't know, it doesn't hurt to ask. i don't remember which MWU said that they might give you a few days leeway if you call and have a situation such as you are waiting for a paycheck or something like that. The deposit is transferable between MWU chicago and arizona, btw.

Not necessarily. For mine, they took one from a pharmacist and one from a previous employer. They did not take the one from the science professor.

I guess it goes both ways? I am still in a jam because my speech professor submitted their LOR before the chemistry LOR will do hers before January 5th (don't know when). A little worry that the speech professor LOR will be read instead of the science one.

Also, my GPA has still not been calculated, and they just received my transcripts (12/14/2010), will that be enough time for the chemistry professor to submit her LOR, and have a chance to be read before my app. get sent out?

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Just thought I would introduce myself. I have an interview scheduled for Jan 5th. Looking forward to it.

I also applied, and am waiting to hear from USN, Pacific, UC Denver, and Creighton.

I did undergrad at SUU.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know you all better. Good luck to all.

Congrats to all who have made it. Just a quick encouragement to those that have been placed on the waitlist. You have a HIGH chance of making it in. Last year, I was in the first group to interview for CPG but I was waitlisted because I bombed the interview and was not accepted until April. That was the longest 7 month wait of my life. In my experience, waitlisted applicants start to get accepted in January and increase dramatically after all interviews are completed in March. Fortunately, if CPG isn't impressed with you, they will reject you outright. That's why those on the waitlist should be happy and confident with yourselves. You're going to get in; I'm not joking.

So if the accepted applicant checklist isn't available, does that mean we didn't get accepted?

I interviewed Dec. 3 but I was in the same position as you (my applicant checklist wasn't available on Friday), but I checked again on Monday and it was updated, so you should check if you haven't already!

I interviewed Dec. 3 but I was in the same position as you (my applicant checklist wasn't available on Friday), but I checked again on Monday and it was updated, so you should check if you haven't already!

I checked this evening and the accepted applicant portal was there!!! :D Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your experience and showing your encouragement for others :)

I interviewed on Dec. 7 and I just checked the portal today and I got accepted! :laugh:

I was the only girl in the group but our group was small, so I felt less stressed out.

The Dean was a really nice guy, I felt he was very down to earth.
The students and the faculty are all really nice, they really are very welcoming. It was something I needed since I was coming from California being away from home and all.

I haven't put in my deposit yet but will be doing so in a few days.

All I can say to you guys who are waitlisted/on hold please DON'T GIVE UP.
I felt like I didn't have a chance due to my stats but I took the pcat twice and did well on the 2nd round, plus I felt like I interviewed well.

But good luck to the rest of you guys and can you guys give me a link to that facebook page? I can't seem to find it.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else was waiting on another school before completely committing to going to MWU? I'm waiting on University of Arizona's interview calls/decisions before I make my final decision. Also if anyone else is thinking about going to another school, it would probably relieve some stress to those on the wait list.

I checked this evening and the accepted applicant portal was there!!! :D Thank you!

You're welcome. It was worth the wait right? Congrats!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience and showing your encouragement for others :)

Thanks for all your previous helpful posts :) I was looking through this thread to prepare for the interview back in November, lol.