Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any acceptances for those that interviewed on the 19th of November? :0)

Members don't see this ad.

Any acceptances for those that interviewed on the 19th of November? :0)

Hey Bud :)
Come to think of it, I believe everyone who got acceptances this week were from the 18th. In fact, the only person I know that even interviewed on the 19th was "Pharmassist" so I don't know who else to ask...

hello everyone! congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing/hoping to interview.

i will actually be interviewing at MWU CCP on the 1st of december, but i'm starting to think that maybe i should have applied to MWU in glendale as well. honestly, is it too late to apply since the due date to submit to pharmcas is january. :confused:

It's defintely getting late, but if the deadline isn't till January, then you obvoiusly have until January. It could never hurt to try.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Bud :)
Come to think of it, I believe everyone who got acceptances this week were from the 18th. In fact, the only person I know that even interviewed on the 19th was "Pharmassist" so I don't know who else to ask...

Thanks :0) I'm trying to find out for a friend. That's so cool how you guys started a Facebook page! Good idea :thumbup:

It's defintely getting late, but if the deadline isn't till January, then you obvoiusly have until January. It could never hurt to try.

I have to agree with this advice. If you are interested you can still apply. I know a few folks who are planning to who haven't gotten it in yet.
Especially if you are a strong candidate, you still have a reasonable chance.
They have 130 seats, and we only know for sure they have admitted around 30 folks so far.

No it is not too late to apply. I think you will like the glendale campus a lot if you get a chance to see it. The class size is actually 150 so that even gives you a better chance. :)

LizP interviewed on the 19th as well. She has been accepted.:)
I have not yet:(
Were you there with us?

Oh I thought she was on the 18th.
I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet. I don't know your stats, but I do know from past years they seem to admit a large majority of who they interview. It really blows you have to sit in torture over Thanksgiving, but I still think you've got a pretty good shot.
I know my words don't really mean diddly, but hey, they can't hurt :)

Don't give your hopes up! I bet they interviewed many students on the 18th and 18th. The adcom only meets up so often and I doubt they had time to make decisions for everyone who interviewed those days.

LizP interviewed on the 19th as well. She has been accepted.:)
I have not yet:(
Were you there with us?

I got the call from MW confirming my acceptance, I was at the Nov 19th interview if anyone is curious

Last edited:
hmmm..thanks for the info. yeah, it makes sense for you since you could live at home, whereas i would have to deal with the expensive rental rates. no way would i commute 1 hr a day and live in a house w/ 6 other people. i'm sure touro is great and if i didnt get into cpg i would be really happy if i got in there. are you applying to ucsf as well?

as for the plane ride, it wouldn't be a total loss, the return ticket was bought w/ miles so i could at least push it back and use it later.

No I didn't apply there, I did for Northstate and UoP. CPG was my number 2 school so I would still go there, even though it would be tempting to save on all the living expenses. I like getting out in 3 years so it goes UoP and then CPG for me haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call from MW confirming my acceptance, I was at the Nov 19th interview if anyone is curious

Congrats :thumbup: Join the Facebook group so Amanda and Kevin can stalk you :laugh:

hello everyone! congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing/hoping to interview.

i will actually be interviewing at MWU CCP on the 1st of december, but i'm starting to think that maybe i should have applied to MWU in glendale as well. honestly, is it too late to apply since the due date to submit to pharmcas is january. :confused:
Also, it takes absolutely no effort, but just a bit of money (but hey it's nothing compared to the debt you'll get into). What I mean is that the supplementals are exactly the same, so you don't have to write more essays. But, for some reason you do have to reenter the same information, lol

Yes, I got the phone call. Did you go that day? I'm pretty sure I was the youngest guy there haha
Oh I know who you are. You're the 6 year old from Tucson, aren't you ;)
Congrats !
I was there too, but I think I was the other bookend ( the oldest candidate there).

Oh I thought she was on the 18th.
I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet. I don't know your stats, but I do know from past years they seem to admit a large majority of who they interview. It really blows you have to sit in torture over Thanksgiving, but I still think you've got a pretty good shot.
I know my words don't really mean diddly, but hey, they can't hurt :)

Thanks Amanda. I am not exactly despairing, but it sure is hard hearing others interviewed with you and have already been admitted. :eek:
Still, I have to remind myself, it has only been one week tomorrow, and I am not the star candidate, so it will just take more time.
But it should be cool eventually.:cool:
Thanks for your everpresent encouragement !

Don't give your hopes up! I bet they interviewed many students on the 18th and 18th. The adcom only meets up so often and I doubt they had time to make decisions for everyone who interviewed those days.

Thanks, I expect you are right. Just frustrating. But most of the interviewees do get admitted so I will just sit tight and stalk my portal.
( Well, I told myself not to look again until monday night since I know nothing will change, but we will see...):rolleyes:

Thanks Amanda. I am not exactly despairing, but it sure is hard hearing others interviewed with you and have already been admitted. :eek:
Still, I have to remind myself, it has only been one week tomorrow, and I am not the star candidate, so it will just take more time.
But it should be cool eventually.:cool:
Thanks for your everpresent encouragement !

Just hang in there! Don't lose hope. You will surely get a call soon. I am sure of that:)!!

Yes. I think I talked to you at lunch. I think I saw that you got in, so congrats!

Yes. I think I talked to you at lunch. I think I saw that you got in, so congrats!

Thanks ! Same to you !:) So did Harmine, the other girl at our table (She interviewed in your group.)

Also, it takes absolutely no effort, but just a bit of money (but hey it's nothing compared to the debt you'll get into). What I mean is that the supplementals are exactly the same, so you don't have to write more essays. But, for some reason you do have to reenter the same information, lol

thank you, monkieez! good to know. :) i was dreading that i would have to write more essays after coming back from the chicago interview...but thank goodness. yes, another 100 smuckaroos. lol

I just added AZ campus on my PharmCAS. I hope I am not too late....Are the questions on the supp the same as the supp for Chicago?

Hey guys I just recieved the supp application for Midwestern Glendale and chicago, but am afraid of wasting money and time to send it back because of my weak application. GPA 3.62, August PCAT 45, October PCAT 53 (85,84 Chem & Bio respectively, math slightly over 50, but reading & verbal pulled me down. Writing scores 3.5/3.5). No degree, No pharmacy experience,few hour of pharmacy shadowing.
Am confused. Any advice would really be appreciated.

Your gpa is good but pcat is a little low. I would apply if I were you because you have a chance of getting a interview.

Hey guys I just recieved the supp application for Midwestern Glendale and chicago, but am afraid of wasting money and time to send it back because of my weak application. GPA 3.62, August PCAT 45, October PCAT 53 (85,84 Chem & Bio respectively, math slightly over 50, but reading & verbal pulled me down. Writing scores 3.5/3.5). No degree, No pharmacy experience,few hour of pharmacy shadowing.
Am confused. Any advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks pharmddreams. My only concern is the PCAT verbal and reading scores, but nway getting denied is not the end of life. I will give it a shot and see what happens. The worst that can happen is losing some $$$ and feel like a "loser" for few days.
Congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to the interviwees. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks pharmddreams. My only concern is the PCAT verbal and reading scores, but nway getting denied is not the end of life. I will give it a shot and see what happens. The worst that can happen is losing some $$$ and feel like a "loser" for few days.
Congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to the interviwees. :thumbup:
i agree with pharmddreams. give it a shot, your gpa is very good. u said you don't have pharmacy experience, but what about extracurricular/leadership? those are always a plus too and good to focus on in essays. If you think you can improve your PCAT then sign up for the January one (but still apply now). Even bringing up the quant section (which i feel is doable) would really bring up your composite score. I used the Pearson practice tests to figure out what concepts were tested and then went to other websites to teach/reteach myself the math concepts and practice them to get faster.

i agree with pharmddreams. give it a shot, your gpa is very good. u said you don't have pharmacy experience, but what about extracurricular/leadership? those are always a plus too and good to focus on in essays. If you think you can improve your PCAT then sign up for the January one (but still apply now). Even bringing up the quant section (which i feel is doable) would really bring up your composite score. I used the Pearson practice tests to figure out what concepts were tested and then went to other websites to teach/reteach myself the math concepts and practice them to get faster.

Thanks monkieez. I have been volunteering for a community organization since August 2009 and a soccer club team lead for two years.
I tried as hard as i can to get a better PCAT score, but i guess that is all am capable of pulling out. I have been speaking English for only five years now, so i think that had an impact on my RC and VA scores. Besides am just sick of that monster test and dont wanna do it anymore. I might go for nursing hoping that they dont need some standardize test like PCAT(do they?).

Thanks monkieez. I have been volunteering for a community organization since August 2009 and a soccer club team lead for two years.
I tried as hard as i can to get a better PCAT score, but i guess that is all am capable of pulling out. I have been speaking English for only five years now, so i think that had an impact on my RC and VA scores. Besides am just sick of that monster test and dont wanna do it anymore. I might go for nursing hoping that they dont need some standardize test like PCAT(do they?).
i figured that might the case, thats why i did i suggested focusing on quant. but on the plus side, you obviously can communicate well and that will show in your essays. good luck!

I might go for nursing hoping that they dont need some standardize test like PCAT(do they?).

Yes, they do....in fact many schools use two. One is the NET (Nursing Entrance Test) and one is the HESI. I know because my wife is an RN.

i figured that might the case, thats why i did i suggested focusing on quant. but on the plus side, you obviously can communicate well and that will show in your essays. good luck!

Well it's too late this cycle to take the Jan PCAT anyway I think. But if you already paid Pharmcas to add MWU, then I would definitely recommend doing their supp. You can't lose anything.

Yes, they do....in fact many schools use two. One is the NET (Nursing Entrance Test) and one is the HESI. I know because my wife is an RN.
Really? Well, i guess i will have to quit school and do something else. :(

Hey guys, finally had time to hop back online this weekend. I am so behind on all the new acceptances and updates for our class!

For those that are still in the application process and are worried about their stats, take it from me:

I have good numbers (GPA and PCAT), but I am confident that MWU assesses the applicants on a holistic basis. I am sure of this because during the interview, they don't have access to your scores. They treated us all equally, gave us so many opportunities to showcase our skills and motivation, and provided relentless support and encouragement during the interview process.

A PCAT score > 50 is sufficient for an interview (pretty sure) granted that your GPA is above 3.4 (that seems to be the trend from what I've seen and looked up from past candidates, though there are exceptions).

In my opinion, the numbers dictate your ranking in their computers. But if you get the interview, then there's a separate set of criteria they're looking at. For the prospective applicants: broadcast yourself to get that interview! Then mentally prepare and make sure you can effectively & genuinely convey your character and goals. If you do this, you're set! MWU is all about selecting "family-oriented" candidates who are a full package. Show them that you have the skills and passion for pharmacy, and make sure you can say so in a way that will make them believe it. I chose MWU because there is not only a close-knit feel between the faculty and students, but also among the different groups of students in different programs. If you want to go to MWU, then we all want you, too.

Anyone that wants my support or personal advice during this process, feel free to message me. I may not be back on, but if I get a PM, I will see it.

-Kevin :laugh:

i just accepted the interview for december 6th, that gives me less than a week to prepare! any tips?

i just accepted the interview for december 6th, that gives me less than a week to prepare! any tips?

Congrats Red87.:)
There is a ton of info in the Interview feedback tab up top, you can search for the school. I will say don't believe the breakfast part, it was rediculous, just eat at the hotel. It is a very low key friendly process. Read the dossier they give you on your interviewers so you can have a follow up question ready at the end.
Oh and my group really did look like a murder of crows, throw some color in your wardrobe.
Relax and be yourself.

Congrats Red87.:)
There is a ton of info in the Interview feedback tab up top, you can search for the school. I will say don't believe the breakfast part, it was rediculous, just eat at the hotel. It is a very low key friendly process. Read the dossier they give you on your interviewers so you can have a follow up question ready at the end.
Oh and my group really did look like a murder of crows, throw some color in your wardrobe.
Relax and be yourself.

thank you for the tipp!!! was there an essay portion?

Hello everyone!
I would like to wish those that are applying and/or have an interview to MWU CPG the best of luck!

I recently interviewed on the 18th of November and received an offer of admission on the 23rd of November :)! (I accepted their offer within the week!)

Anyhow, if you have any questions-- feel free to ask or PM!:)

There is no essay at the interview. Good job theFeverNFocus, we will be seeing you next year!

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated because i'm freaking out(!!)
I just got an email this morning for an interview but the dates they gave me are THIS friday (the 3rd), monday the 6th, or tuesday the 7th. It's finals week and I have SO much going on right now and I'm coming from really far away.
Has anyone requested a later interview date? Is it stupid to since the earlier the better? Is it even possible and do we know when the next batch of interviews is? (like a week or a month later?)
I'm freaking out because in addition to possibly making last minute arrangements (since it would most likely have to be friday because I have a practical and exam the other days)
I haven't even finished freaking out about the fact that I even was offered an interview in the first place and the cynic in me is thinking that I have low chances of getting in since they probably gave me someone's rejected date which is why it's so last minute
Thanks for your help!

I have an interview and mine is on Dec. 16th so you should be able to get that one, hope that helps, good luck

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated because i'm freaking out(!!)
I just got an email this morning for an interview but the dates they gave me are THIS friday (the 3rd), monday the 6th, or tuesday the 7th. It's finals week and I have SO much going on right now and I'm coming from really far away.
Has anyone requested a later interview date? Is it stupid to since the earlier the better? Is it even possible and do we know when the next batch of interviews is? (like a week or a month later?)
I'm freaking out because in addition to possibly making last minute arrangements (since it would most likely have to be friday because I have a practical and exam the other days)
I haven't even finished freaking out about the fact that I even was offered an interview in the first place and the cynic in me is thinking that I have low chances of getting in since they probably gave me someone's rejected date which is why it's so last minute
Thanks for your help!

Personally, I wanted to get my interview out of the way on the soonest available date. The longer you wait, the longer you’ll be worrying about it. It is rolling admissions so the sooner you interview, the better chance you have of being admitted. Plus there really isn’t that much of a difference in price in plane tickets if you fly in the next week or the next month. As far as being cynical, you shouldn’t be! Midwestern decided you were qualified enough to want to interview you. You should be proud of that fact! Also, in Dean McCallian’s presentation before the interviews, he states that over 300 candidates are eventually offered acceptance out of ~385 that interview so your chances are really pretty good! The worst that can happen is you will get placed on the alternate list, which means you may eventually be accepted anyway.
Just bone up on the interview feedback portion of the site and practice, practice, practice giving genuine answers to your friends, family, or just yourself in the mirror! I did this and found I was much less nervous on interview day. If you know what you’re going to say ahead of time, your delivery will be much smoother and more believable. Just try not to sound like your giving a canned response. It’s a balancing act, but just try to sound sincere and you will do great!

Sent in my supplemental wednesday evening, got an interview invite less then 12 hours later at 3 am the next day (Thanksgiving). Interviewing December 6th. :idea: Coming from Cleveland, OH, this may be a little vacation as well.

I have good numbers (GPA and PCAT), but I am confident that MWU assesses the applicants on a holistic basis.

They do. When I got my call from Dr. Dietrich he told me that even though my GPA was pretty low, they like to look at the applicant as a whole and not judge them entirely on a couple of stats. So that was pretty awesome. :)