Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the accepted checklist on my portal this morning. I interviewed on the 3rd! I'm very excited. Perfect timing too, I'm going out of the country for vacation and now I can fully enjoy it!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the accepted student checklist today, interviewed dec 6th... most likely going here :) facebook group please!

I just had my interview yesterday. I felt like I did ok... most of the questions they asked I gave examples from my work experience so I hope I didn't look so one-dimensional. Plus, I'm a big hand talker and almost hit the girl next to me.:scared: I LOVED the campus, it is so nice. They did tell us that so far only 50 people have committed so that leaves 100 seats open for this round (about 25 interviewed) and future interviewers/waitlisters.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked my student portal. I've been accepted!:)

Hey Hilary! I think I had you in my interview group last week, if this is the right Hilary?? This is Chelsea. I got accepted too!! Will you be going here?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else was waiting on another school before completely committing to going to MWU? I'm waiting on University of Arizona's interview calls/decisions before I make my final decision. Also if anyone else is thinking about going to another school, it would probably relieve some stress to those on the wait list.

What do you mean "completely committing"? Do you mean fully submitting the app, or paying the deposit? I mean I know dozens of others who are still waiting on other schools but still secured their seat at MWU by paying the deposit. It gives you more security in the event that you don't get in to the other school. Especially for schools like UofA who don't start sending out interviews till January.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else was waiting on another school before completely committing to going to MWU? I'm waiting on University of Arizona's interview calls/decisions before I make my final decision. Also if anyone else is thinking about going to another school, it would probably relieve some stress to those on the wait list.

You will have to pay the deposit to secure your seat. I believe MWG allows two weeks for you to do so. UofA interview invites will most likely not be received until after the new year. Therefore, it would be in your best interest to secure your seat at MWG, unless there are other schools you have already been accepted to.

Last edited:
Is this the Chelsea from washington?? I was accepted too!!!, this is Shanna I shared an umbrella with you...lol

What do you mean "completely committing"? Do you mean fully submitting the app, or paying the deposit? I mean I know dozens of others who are still waiting on other schools but still secured their seat at MWU by paying the deposit. It gives you more security in the event that you don't get in to the other school. Especially for schools like UofA who don't start sending out interviews till January.

Ya I should have been more clear. I already paid the deposit, I just meant who else is awaiting other schools' decisions.

I was accepted, and I'm still waiting on 2 other schools, U of A and Chicago State. I have an interview with CSU in January, and like others have posted, U of A won't start sending out invites until January. Idk what I would do if the other 2 schools accepted me, but I would make a decision pretty quick to allow MWU to pull people off the waitlist, that is if I decided to go elsewhere...

I would not interview at CSU. The school is not yet accredited and the area surrounding the school is shady.

I was accepted, and I'm still waiting on 2 other schools, U of A and Chicago State. I have an interview with CSU in January, and like others have posted, U of A won't start sending out invites until January. Idk what I would do if the other 2 schools accepted me, but I would make a decision pretty quick to allow MWU to pull people off the waitlist, that is if I decided to go elsewhere...

UofA does the interviews through January and Febuary, but I don't think they will make a decision until March after all the interviews are done.

Members don't see this ad :)
FINALLY paid the deposit after requesting a deadline extension! so excited :)

Is this the Chelsea from washington?? I was accepted too!!!, this is Shanna I shared an umbrella with you...lol
Yes it is!! :) Yay for getting accepted!! :) Have you decided where you are going yet??

I was wondering... is it still too late to apply for Midwestern?

I know the pharmcas deadline is approaching (the 5th of January), but are there still a lot of seats available? Or possible interview dates in mid or late January?

I applied to other schools already that I wish to attend, but I recently thought about the Glendale campus (nice campus, 3yrs, good area...somewhat away from the city...). I understand they are rolling admissions. Therefore, I am wondering if it is a good idea to apply. I would like to spend wisely, so that's why I am asking. :)

Sorry if it sounds like a bad question (or set of questions)
Happy New Years

Hey Hilary! I think I had you in my interview group last week, if this is the right Hilary?? This is Chelsea. I got accepted too!! Will you be going here?

Yes, this is me. I knew you would get accepted! I'm still debating because I have been accepted to OU and have an interview with a school closer to home and am still waiting to see if I get an interview with my in-state school. I loved mid-western's campus but I'm still iffy about the accelerated program. I guess I have until the 7th to make a decision.

I've just been accepted. I got a call today. I had an interview on the 5th of January. Only 2 days to receive the response. :) Quick huh?

WOO-HOOOO!!! I am sooooo happy! I got the call today, and I also interviewed on the 5th of Jan and I thought they said it would take about 2 weeks minimum??? But I am sooooooooo happy! this was my number one choice!! Woo-hoooo!!! :)

I just recieved a letter via mail telling me my application was put on hold. Does anyone know if there is still a chance for an interview request?

Mine was put on hold to in December. Did u hear back from them at all?

Oops nvm I went ahead and read more posts. I hope there's still a chance for "hold" people!

Last edited:
Hey SDRx what is your name? I don't know if I met you at the interview?

Hi Razvan Congrats which Midwestern are you accepted into? Chicago or Arizona?

I actually got accepted into the Arizona one, I also have an interview to Chicago next week on Wednesday but I am canceling that as I prefer to go to the Arizona campus, plus its a 3 year program which is a bonus.

Accepted :D

Interview on Wednesday, heard from them on Friday. Awesome ... Now to lay down the $1000 ... hmmmm ... I think outlaying $1k is harder than the interview.

I know, I love it!

So far, I know the following users were accepted but not sure if attending:

JaySid
wannaBpharmD
heatheld
lazysnake25
mochocco
VICH5070
redundant
mschmid3
nekoshotgun
pharmddreams
wendy912

Yes, I really just took the time to look at the past 6 pages to find everyone!
If any of you guys/gals are attending, join us on the book!!!

Edit: I just saw your post JaySid - so you're a "maybe" :) I had you confused with Jenny before (sorry, knowing people only by usernames is hard!) It is you that is still waiting on UoP, right?
Add me in! =)

I was put on hold since December, and have not heard since. Does anybody know when the next interview dates are? Just wondering if I have a shot for an interview later on. Thanks!

Anyone know if there is a deadline for sending in the transcripts?

Anyone know if there is a deadline for sending in the transcripts?

Super Sayn, are you talking about updating your transcript or applying for the first time? The window for applying closed on January 5. The academic update window runs for another 2 weeks I think.

Super Sayn, are you talking about updating your transcript or applying for the first time? The window for applying closed on January 5. The academic update window runs for another 2 weeks I think.

I'm talking about the "Accepted Student Checklist." I'm still waiting on a couple other pharmacy schools and havnt sent mine in yet. I've already put in my deposit though.

i decided not to put my deposit down just letting those on wait list know

For those are currently in the school right now:

How do you feel about the curriculum overall? Do you think it prepares you well for residencies, NAPLEX, etc.? How knowledgeable and approachable are the faculty?

Much thanks,

LucAlb

Hey just to give some hope to others, I declined my offer of acceptance so one more seat opened up!

Have declined admission. Best of luck to the person who'll take my spot :thumbup:

interviewed on jan 31st and got my acceptance checklist today =)

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

I had my interview on Jan 5th for Midwestern CCP, and noticed that people have been accepted within a week or so. Does this mean that I'm rejected?

You should have gotten something in the mail. I interviewed the same day and got an alternate list letter.

Does anyone know about how many seats have been taken/still available? I have an interview on Apr 8th (so late!! :confused: ) but I don't know if it would be worth it to go....I don't want to interview for a waitlist spot.

What are the stats of people they generally accept?

Any advice for the interview or travel? Anything would be great! :)

Does anyone know about how many seats have been taken/still available? I have an interview on Apr 8th (so late!! :confused: ) but I don't know if it would be worth it to go....I don't want to interview for a waitlist spot.

What are the stats of people they generally accept?

Any advice for the interview or travel? Anything would be great! :)

If you have an interview, then there are seats in the class still available. I don't believe that schools interview for waitlist spots. And from previous posts, it seems like there are a good handful of people who have given up their seats, me included.

With that being said, it will be worth it to go. You have to give it a shot or else you'll never know. I also remember the dean mentioning during the interview that you have a really high chance of being accepted if you have an interview.

Average GPA of accepted students: ~3.2

If you are flying in, then you should fly to Phoenix. The school should have emailed you a list of hotels near MWU. I would suggest picking a hotel that gives free breakfast. It's nice not having to drive around in the morning trying to find a place to eat, especially since the interview is really early in the morning.

GOOD LUCK!

If you have an interview, then there are seats in the class still available. I don't believe that schools interview for waitlist spots. And from previous posts, it seems like there are a good handful of people who have given up their seats, me included.

With that being said, it will be worth it to go. You have to give it a shot or else you'll never know. I also remember the dean mentioning during the interview that you have a really high chance of being accepted if you have an interview.

Average GPA of accepted students: ~3.2

If you are flying in, then you should fly to Phoenix. The school should have emailed you a list of hotels near MWU. I would suggest picking a hotel that gives free breakfast. It's nice not having to drive around in the morning trying to find a place to eat, especially since the interview is really early in the morning.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks so much!! Where have you committed to?

Thanks so much!! Where have you committed to?

I will be attending USC. :woot: I will be losing my 1K deposit though :thumbdown: but it was definitely nice having that assurance I would be attending pharmacy school in the upcoming school year.

BTW...you should check the school feedback section so you have an idea of what questions they may ask you during the interview. A lot of the questions they asked me were the same. It is a group interview and there is no essay. If you arrive early, you get a chance to talk to some of the current students. Everyone, including the interviewers, are very nice people. So try not to be so nervous and enjoy the day. Good luck! You will do great!