Mcw waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bump..............yyyyy is the list moving so slowly..i thought mcw would have considerable movement..whats going on??

Members don't see this ad.

Bump, any news about the waitlist, or has everyone given up hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
i ve given up hope..can't take this ne more...im retaking my mcat..and trying not to think about the wlist it feels like it won't move at all

So, I called and heard that it is moving very slowly, but is moving, so that is at least good news.

bump, anyone hear anything

i heard its moving slowly, and they made offers to about 5 or 6 people..and thats all

So i got an email from michael istwan mentioning the slow movement...and for those of you on the wlist who already are accepted somewhere else...will you be withdrawing from MCW??

btw...its interesting how we always get emails about how great the school is with those attachments...it makes the whole "being on the wlist" so much harder.

drwannabe44 said:
So i got an email from michael istwan mentioning the slow movement...and for those of you on the wlist who already are accepted somewhere else...will you be withdrawing from MCW??

btw...its interesting how we always get emails about how great the school is with those attachments...it makes the whole "being on the wlist" so much harder.

This sounds like last year's waitlist. Only 12 people, I think, are in my class from the waitlist.

Ashers said:
This sounds like last year's waitlist. Only 12 people, I think, are in my class from the waitlist.

Do you know how far down they went into the wlist last year? For instance was it just the first 12 people that they took of the wlist or did they go through more people?

drwannabe44 said:
Do you know how far down they went into the wlist last year? For instance was it just the first 12 people that they took of the wlist or did they go through more people?

Nope. They have a strange system.

:eek:
Ashers said:
Nope. They have a strange system.

what do you mean by strange...don't they just go to the list and pick those that are next on the alternate list

I think so. I do know it varies from year to year, and that there were people who heard from MCW my year (2002) as late as a week before classes started.

drwannabe44 said:
:eek:

what do you mean by strange...don't they just go to the list and pick those that are next on the alternate list

From what I heard, this year they aren't giving actual numbers. Last year I was given my rank on the waitlist. I heard from someone on the waitlist this year that people are in like quartiles (or some grouping), and each time there's an opening, everyone in the quartile is reevaluated.

Ashers said:
From what I heard, this year they aren't giving actual numbers. Last year I was given my rank on the waitlist. I heard from someone on the waitlist this year that people are in like quartiles (or some grouping), and each time there's an opening, everyone in the quartile is reevaluated.

ohhhh i seee...i got no chance either way :(

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about the waitlist.