Mcw waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drwannabe44

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so May 15th is coming up and I wanted to know if anyone has heard about how the waitlist might move this year (for MCW)???? Also for those of you who got in through the wlist for MCW in the past years...is there anything you did ie LOI, called them, activity update etc. that might be of some use?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on the waitlist last year. I would definitely recommend sending in a LOI if you haven't already. I would also start calling the school next week to see if you can get your rank. If you're as anxious as I was last year, you can call the admissions office on a near daily basis to see if the list has moved. It might be best just to call once a week to retain some basic level of sanity. The list moved very slowly in May last year, so don't get too discouraged if you aren't moving immediately. You should always feel free to call or e-mail Mike Istwan. He might not be able to give you a great idea of where you stand in the early part of the summer, but as July approaches, he should be able to give you a fairly good idea of what your chances are. He was a great help to me last year and he never showed any visible signs of annoyance at my continual pestering of him.

opmed said:
I was on the waitlist last year. I would definitely recommend sending in a LOI if you haven't already. I would also start calling the school next week to see if you can get your rank. If you're as anxious as I was last year, you can call the admissions office on a near daily basis to see if the list has moved. It might be best just to call once a week to retain some basic level of sanity. The list moved very slowly in May last year, so don't get too discouraged if you aren't moving immediately. You should always feel free to call or e-mail Mike Istwan. He might not be able to give you a great idea of where you stand in the early part of the summer, but as July approaches, he should be able to give you a fairly good idea of what your chances are. He was a great help to me last year and he never showed any visible signs of annoyance at my continual pestering of him.

Thanks for the advice. Some have told me that I shouldn't send in a LOI, because mcw is my only option. What do you think?
Do you mind telling me your stats and possibly where you were on the list upper half, middle or lower half???

MCW seems like the kind of school that would be impressed if someone shows serious interest in them. I would send a LOI, but then again, I don't know anything. I'll probably be in your shoes about this time next year. Hope you get in and we can be classmates!

It was so hard to decide-- but I finally withdrew today. Best of luck to you!

azanna said:
It was so hard to decide-- but I finally withdrew today. Best of luck to you!

Ditto. Good luck :thumbup: .

i called them and found out that im on the 1/3 quarter of the waitlist :(....looks like maybe i should do something else

did ne one else find out there ranK???

bottom 1/2. it's such a vague position, isn't it?

yeah thats where I am..i had to ask them specifically where on the bottom half and they told me towards the top...i dont know why they can't tell us a rank??? Did they tell u about when the list might start moving ??

Members don't see this ad :)
hey for the people who called...did you just call the admissions office or did you ask to talk to michael istwan...can the front desk tell you where you are on the list

Hmm...this top 1/3 bottom 1/2 stuff is a little odd. Last year they told us our exact number. I think you might be able to find this out by next week unless they changed their waitlist format from previous years.

midwest77 said:
hey for the people who called...did you just call the admissions office or did you ask to talk to michael istwan...can the front desk tell you where you are on the list

I called the admissions office and they were able to tell me, but I think it would be better to call mr istwan. That will show him that you are very interested.

i am in the top quarter. I asked how it was split up and the lady said that it was split into thirds....which doesnt make much sense that i am in the top quarter and not the top third. im confused.

I also called and found out that I am in the top 1/4. From what I understand it is divided into quarters and not thirds.

Bottom half.... :(
I even did a LOI!!

Bump fo da top!!!

bluelotus1214 said:
Bottom half.... :(
I even did a LOI!!

Bump fo da top!!!

yeah im in your position. Do you have ne idea why you are in the bottom half??

midwest77 said:
i am in the top quarter. I asked how it was split up and the lady said that it was split into thirds....which doesnt make much sense that i am in the top quarter and not the top third. im confused.

THey told me that it was split into quarters. So is MCW your number one choice?

drwannabe44 said:
THey told me that it was split into quarters. So is MCW your number one choice?

that makes sense...i thought it was weird that she said it was split into thirds. its kinda a long story about whether or not i go there...it is dependent on several factors. i am just gonna have to see what my situation is IF i get accepted.

I'm in the bottom half also. I'm gonna send in an LOI, hopefully that will bump me up?

is ne one thinking of reapplying?? is that a good idea, or should i wait some longer?

drwannabe44 said:
is ne one thinking of reapplying?? is that a good idea, or should i wait some longer?

i'm only on two waitlists so, yeah im reapplying. also, late applications are what killed me last cycle so ill be damned if i do that to myself again..

Has anyone heard of ne movement yet?

uptempo said:
i'm only on two waitlists so, yeah im reapplying. also, late applications are what killed me last cycle so ill be damned if i do that to myself again..

is mcw your first choice?

drwannabe44 said:
is mcw your first choice?

second.. now that I know I'm on the bottom half. lol.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new?

Hi everyone, talked to dean istwan today. He said that they have accepted a few people off the waitlist last week, and are talking to a few more this week. He told me there would be a lot of movement in the next eight days. He also said that there were 56 people on the Wisconsin portion of the waitlist and that 11 out 14 in the first quarter were accepted at other schools. Who knows if this means they are still waiting to hear from MCW or not.... Either way good to hear some news:)

DJ Sherpa said:
Hi everyone, talked to dean istwan today. He said that they have accepted a few people off the waitlist last week, and are talking to a few more this week. He told me there would be a lot of movement in the next eight days. He also said that there were 56 people on the Wisconsin portion of the waitlist and that 11 out 14 in the first quarter were accepted at other schools. Who knows if this means they are still waiting to hear from MCW or not.... Either way good to hear some news:)

that is good news!!...hopefully this is the same for the non wisconsin portion of the list

the non-WI list should move much faster since people are more likely going to be accepted to their state schools and thus will choose to stay there. Good luck all.

Bump. Anyone on here get an offer yet?

i called them ..and they told me that they took off three people from the non WI alternate list??? I thought it would move faster..why is it so slow??

Also, what happens on June 15th? Is that where people with multiple acceptances have to finally decide on one school?

I plan on calling tomorrow, so I'll see if anything new is going on there.

Bump..I called they told me it is moving very very slowly

I received a call from Michael Istwan at 9 am today. It was an offer of acceptance. So, the good news for you guys is that there does seem to be movement going on. The bad news for you is that I am going to be going to MCW, since it is my only M.D. acceptance. Good luck.

mtDNA said:
I received a call from Michael Istwan at 9 am today. It was an offer of acceptance. So, the good news for you guys is that there does seem to be movement going on. The bad news for you is that I am going to be going to MCW, since it is my only M.D. acceptance. Good luck.

WOW Congrats!!!...thats great news!! do you mind if I ask you where you were on the list????

drwannabe44 said:
WOW Congrats!!!...thats great news!! do you mind if I ask you where you were on the list????

Thanks, I am VERY excited about it. As for my position on the waitlist, I only know that I was on the top quarter for Non-Wisconsin residents.

Bump, any ideas on what is happening with the waitlist?

for those that are in the top quarter or even in the top half of the waitlist (non-Wi list), is MCW your first choice???...