MaWWke YoWWr OWWn WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
See now, the problem with being retired for >1 year and coming out of it for this game is I am positively manic.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Nope, because I honestly don't remember. I'll try and find the post with the list of games I've played though.
Yes plz do. I'd also like context for why my yes bothered you if you remember nothing about shorty.

I will probably end up assessing everyone as though it was a normally-randed game in the end. I don't think I have enough information about anyone save maybe marmot (even that is questionable) to take the wifom anywhere. But that's just me.

Speculation is fun tho

Like, you know who would choose to wolf? Stagg

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes plz do. I'd also like context for why my yes bothered you if you remember nothing about shorty.
I'm mostly making this comment so that whenever Stagg answers it, I remember to say something that I don't want to say just yet.

Hopefully one of you lot will remember I made this comment when I inevitably forget lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Speculation is fun tho

Like, you know who would choose to wolf? Stagg
Absolutely not. When I had weeks at a time off and had time, I loved wolfing. I don't hate it now, but it's so much effort especially given how I'm always a top suspect. There's a nearly 0% chance I'd actually ask to wolf now.

I did ETA to that post, but the fact that you said Shorty is the easiest for you to read of everyone bothers me. I don't believe that.

• Care
I did ETA to that post, but the fact that you said Shorty is the easiest for you to read of everyone bothers me. I don't believe that.
Really? Tell me exactly who I read best here then.

@JaggedJimmyJay it's kind of a tone read that hasnt been wrong on AM yet. it has to do with her syntax and communication style as a villager versus a wolf
Thank you. I sorta figured it'd be something like that, and it works for me. AM's game in general is largely one of "tone" and "style", put in the vaguest sense, but I understand at least the basis of the read (even if not necessarily the read itself). I think I got AM wrong in the Time to Get a Watch game because I misinterpreted tone.

I think SAR seems towny. A bit. Kinda.

• Hmm
Thank you. I sorta figured it'd be something like that, and it works for me. AM's game in general is largely one of "tone" and "style", put in the vaguest sense, but I understand at least the basis of the read (even if not necessarily the read itself). I think I got AM wrong in the Time to Get a Watch game because I misinterpreted tone.
The most important tip to know is that I'm always in Bb and never F#.

• Haha
Really? Tell me exactly who I read best here then.

Dubz, SAR, and Genny are all playing. I feel like you've talked about being able to read PSV well. Also, you always talk about how you can always tell when I'm wolfing. The statement that you can read Shorty better than any of us seems completely incorrect.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Animal Midwife , here you go:

Safari (creeped); Bake (spectator chat)

Colorado

Smash

Cycling

Lurking Beloww: Sea Monsters (first wolf outing-win by bussing every packmate from D1)

Hallowween Zombie

Reading WWeek

WWhats for dinner (6-player speed game, solo wolf-win)

I WWanna be the very best Pokemon redux (given the worst role ever, aka that fisherman with 6 magikarp)

Noobs in Space (Wolf convert (early), technically a loss but would have been a wolf win if Coffee? didn’t start wolf bragging before the game was over, also Dina should have won as Chaos, also the game should have ended 4-5 days earlier but I converted coffee after she revealed IC in thread, one of my prouder moments)

Dog WW game

WWFR aka Dubz family tree/reverse game (Wolf convert (early), hard-vouched by village mid-late game mods ‘MODified our roles/abilities mid-game- still a wolf win)

Basics: Hiking the NH48 WW (villager, voted off D1 by all villagers despite voting for 3/4 wolves on D1 and sussing the 4th)

HoWWrses: Bojack Horseman (village post-restrictor, we had some fun…@sporty needs to revisit that PM)

UnderWWear (mod)

Werewolves of Ireland (It was HOWLING, not WAILING!!! Pg 30 has some wonderful memes highlighting our village’s terrible play)

Panem et Circenses- Fields of Elysium aka Mel’s gladiator game (3P-neutral, win, ruined final vote so that every alignment other than village won)

Nav’s mystery game aka FFVIII theme (Wolf? converted to village, it was a weird game…)

Friends WW (ew)

Garden of Good and Evil

Spyro Speed game

WW Basic B****es (mod)

Ice Cream WW (wolfs win in a semi-sweep;
Nyan asked to be mod-killed d/t harassment in-thread)

American Horror Story (wolf convert, win)

Soccer WW

Milkshake Mafia (subbed out)

CYO

Fruit Shapes WW

Back to SkeWWl

Cartoons WW Noob (Manator to Samac)

End of the WWorld (wolf, subbed out)

England WW (was IC but got post restricted and voted out before I could reveal, still bitter about that restriction)

Red WW Blue

CYO II (3P with potential village conversion, voted out D1)

Everyone Wins in the Dead Circle-Decisive WW/NutMMeg and The Spice Girls at the OWWlyMMpics

Serial/Criminal Minds WW

Hannibal Part Deux

ETA: Stardeww 2 (wolf win)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Oh those are notes. I thought F# was like "final 3"

I know things. I have knowledge. Big brain.

• Haha
Absolutely not. When I had weeks at a time off and had time, I loved wolfing. I don't hate it now, but it's so much effort especially given how I'm always a top suspect. There's a nearly 0% chance I'd actually ask to wolf now.

Yes, I understand. And the fact that you vocally loved wolfing in the past again means that maybe you wouldn't choose to wolf here because it would be too obvious. Once again, WIFOM

I was just having fun

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Dubz, SAR, and Genny are all playing. I feel like you've talked about being able to read PSV well. Also, you always talk about how you can always tell when I'm wolfing. The statement that you can read Shorty better than any of us seems completely incorrect.
Could @WildZoo @SARdoghandler and @genny recount the numerous times that I correctly yeeted them as a wolf and/or correctly found them as village, especially if this occurs early on?

As for you, could you remind me why your games from the past 1.5 years is you talking about how I I never catch you as a wolf? To the point that it even leaked into last game's deadchat? Why the change of heart today?

Could @WildZoo @SARdoghandler and @genny recount the numerous times that I correctly yeeted them as a wolf and/or correctly found them as village, especially if this occurs early on?

As for you, could you remind me why your games from the past 1.5 years is you talking about how I I never catch you as a wolf? To the point that it even leaked into last game's deadchat? Why the change of heart today?
Same question to @potentialsheltervet since I apparently have such a grip on her.

Uhhhh this may be asking a lot of a 10 week old. Or that 10 week old 's mom's brain. I might be able to look at wolf games quick

But also I feel like this was light sarcasm. Or not. The angery brows always make it hard to tell

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
shorty suggested AM has always found her as town when she is town. That seems sufficient to me for AM to have confidence in her shorty read. It may not be perfectly representative, but it's a mindset thing. I am reasonably confident in my own ability to read shorty, and I haven't even played with her (I just spectated her three times in champs and town read her against consensus). Even if I am not justified in that confidence, I have it. AM can have it too, and she is likely more justified than I am.

You didn't catch me as a wolf, you just always claimed you did. I don't think you're great at reading me. Your claim about Shorty being the easiest to read just seemed off.

How are you reading me right now?

You didn't catch me as a wolf, you just always claimed you did. I don't think you're great at reading me. Your claim about Shorty being the easiest to read just seemed off.

How do you find I am to read, from your past experiences?

Then why did you say this?

Lol @Animal Midwife it looks like the last game I wolfed where you were playing and not modding was Diner WW in 2020 so not exactly a recent sample size. :laugh: I may have missed some as I was just skimming my pms looking for wolf chats but I think that's correct

FWIW though, you parked on me on D2 :shrug:

• Wow
shorty suggested AM has always found her as town when she is town. That seems sufficient to me for AM to have confidence in her shorty read. It may not be perfectly representative, but it's a mindset thing. I am reasonably confident in my own ability to read shorty, and I haven't even played with her (I just spectated her three times in champs and town read her against consensus). Even if I am not justified in that confidence, I have it. AM can have it too, and she is likely more justified than I am.
You feel like AM's confidence in her Shorty read was strong enough halfway through the first page?

You feel like AM's confidence in her Shorty read was strong enough halfway through the first page?
I don't think it was a "read" as much as a "prospect of having a read". There is precedence around here for people to vote mayorally in favor of those they think they can read the best.

If nothing else I have memories of nutella and/or katze tunneling you and arguing with them
In any event, probably a silly thing to get hung up on, so I'm going to try not to.
I have a tendency to latch onto semantics things I think are things and always turn out to be stupid and v/v, and this feels potentially like it would head in that direction.

Though that being said, I'm hesitant to village lean you early on because I watched StardeWW 2 :laugh:

In any event, probably a silly thing to get hung up on, so I'm going to try not to.
I have a tendency to latch onto semantics things I think are things and always turn out to be stupid and v/v, and this feels potentially like it would head in that direction.

Though that being said, I'm hesitant to village lean you early on because I watched StardeWW 2 :laugh:
Sure, there's no reason to read me either way based on vague (and maybe flawed) spec chat memories from last year lol

Lol @Animal Midwife it looks like the last game I wolfed where you were playing and not modding was Diner WW in 2020 so not exactly a recent sample size. :laugh: I may have missed some as I was just skimming my pms looking for wolf chats but I think that's correct

FWIW though, you parked on me on D2 :shrug:
Yeah, that was a tiny game where you were the only OG though (and also three years ago) ((and Stagg also should have no knowledge of this game)).

From what I recall I do not read you well, but I also don't think we've played together a ton. I feel like I've been in more games you've modded than games we've actually both played.
This is accurate.

The comment I was sitting on saying before is that there has never been a game we played together where both of us were still around on D2 - we played England (where I subbed out early in D2 and you were reading me wrong at that time), CYO II (where you were voted out D1), and CYO III (where I was N1ed AND you subbed out), so if you claimed to have any real memory of reading me, I was going to be skeptical.

Yeah, that was a tiny game where you were the only OG though (and also three years ago) ((and Stagg also should have no knowledge of this game)).

I love how you can just pull facts like this and then there was me, going through PMs like "golly gee, I played a diner game?"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Then why did you say this?
Because I think you've talked about it a lot previously. Ime you've always thought you could read me well and that I can't read you. I just think your statements about how we read each other aren't correct. The "us" is referencing me, Dubz, Genny, and SAR. Possibly PSV, but I may be mixing up other people talking about PSV in dead chat from previous games.

I don't think it was a "read" as much as a "prospect of having a read". There is precedence around here for people to vote mayorally in favor of those they think they can read the best.
Fair, but saying "shorty suggested AM has always found her as town when she is town" is backwards logic for voting mayor to me. Making someone mayor that you can consistently read wolf when they're wolf is more important that voting for someone who you can consistently identify as town but may misread when they're a wolf imo.

I'm getting a little déjà vu, like I have seen this AM/Stagg debate before. Must have been Stardeww 2; I don't think I've played with Stagg in any other game. I could be mistaken.

AM was town and Stagg was mafia in that game. In this case, AM looks town, and I have no read on Stagg. This might be meaningless if it's a debate that erupts often; I defer on that point to those with more knowledge.

Fair, but saying "shorty suggested AM has always found her as town when she is town" is backwards logic for voting mayor to me. Making someone mayor that you can consistently read wolf when they're wolf is more important that voting for someone who you can consistently identify as town but may misread when they're a wolf imo.
I'm not sure I follow.

The quote you draw looks like it is coming from me, though the mayoral vote you're bringing into question is AM's. AM's vote wasn't based upon my own considerations that came two pages later? If you mean something else, please clarify.

As I typed that I might have answered my own question, so I will take a stab: if, presumptively, AM has assessed her ability to read shorty based upon town outings, that'd likely be the result of the sample -- shorty also said there was only one wolf game ever. I don't necessarily fault someone for emphasizing correct town reads when they interpret their own accuracy about someone, because in the end it can be the same thing by POE. "Not town read"

Because I think you've talked about it a lot previously. Ime you've always thought you could read me well and that I can't read you. I just think your statements about how we read each other aren't correct. The "us" is referencing me, Dubz, Genny, and SAR. Possibly PSV, but I may be mixing up other people talking about PSV in dead chat from previous games.
Well, you can't read me. I can say since you're without having had a single correct wolf read or village read on me in multiple years. That's beside the point though.

By including yourself in the "us'", you're saying one of two things.

a. I can read you (along with dubz, genny, and SAR) at the bare minimum better than I can read shorty.

b. You're being facetious (and actually saying I can't read dubz, genny, SAR, or you). Which means I can read shorty better than all of you, so why do you have a problem with what I wrote again?

Don't say you were half-joking because that doesn't make sense in or out of context.

I'm not sure I follow.

The quote you draw looks like it is coming from me, though the mayoral vote you're bringing into question is AM's. AM's vote wasn't based upon my own considerations that came two pages later? If you mean something else, please clarify.

As I typed that I might have answered my own question, so I will take a stab: if, presumptively, AM has assessed her ability to read shorty based upon town outings, that'd likely be the result of the sample -- shorty also said there was only one wolf game ever. I don't necessarily fault someone for emphasizing correct town reads when they interpret their own accuracy about someone, because in the end it can be the same thing by POE. "Not town read"
It wasn't even a wolf game. I was an SK, who had claimed being the vig in a PM with AM (and eventually the rest of the game, but I told her first), and had NKed 1 wolf and voted the other one out.
I don't think I can fault anyone for not catching me in that scenario.

It wasn't even a wolf game. I was an SK, who had claimed being the vig in a PM with AM (and eventually the rest of the game, but I told her first), and had NKed 1 wolf and voted the other one out.
I don't think I can fault anyone for not catching me in that scenario.
Thanks for the clarification, and I agree that reading an SK is fundamentally different than reading mafia -- especially with mechanical evidence.