UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2026* Interview/Acceptance Thread

What do y'all think about the argument that UoP's tuition isn't that bad because you get an extra year of earning potential? Instead of spending money on tuition for D4, you're making money during that 4th year and that kind of can be seen as a discounting of tuition. I like the argument but it seems like there could be something I'm overlooking.
the argument gets even better when you consider you get one more year of average earnings
most people only take into account that you get one more year at recent grad pay
but in actuality, you add one more year to your career at you average pay
or you get to retire one year earlier...

Members don't see this ad.

the argument gets even better when you consider you get one more year of average earnings
most people only take into account that you get one more year at recent grad pay
but in actuality, you add one more year to your career at you average pay
or you get to retire one year earlier...
It might be worth crunching the numbers on how quickly interest accrues on the tuition difference. Like if you pay off that, let's say, 100k difference in the first year working then it's totally worth it. But I wonder how many grads are able to pay enough in that first year. The last thing I'd want is to pick UoP over my state school in hopes that the extra year is worth it, but then finding out that I'm stuck chasing exorbitant interest payments due to that increased tuition sum.

Does anyone have any idea how many batches of interviews the school sent so far, and if pre-dec is done? I received nothing since the receipt email from the office in early August...and I even sent an interest check email early this month and no response - maybe they do not reply to interest check emails.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea how many batches of interviews the school sent so far, and if pre-dec is done? I received nothing since the receipt email from the office in early August...and I even sent an interest check email early this month and no response - maybe they do not reply to interest check emails.
No clue for the number of batches so far, but no more pre-dec interviews.

No clue for the number of batches so far, but no more pre-dec interviews.
Noooo...I need UoP and Roseman so bad :( No offense, but are you sure about there being no more pre-dec interviews, or is it your assumption (I agree with you on that but I want it to be from an accurate source so I can give up)

Noooo...I need UoP and Roseman so bad :( No offense, but are you sure about there being no more pre-dec interviews, or is it your assumption (I agree with you on that but I want it to be from an accurate source so I can give up)
UoP is very selective about its OOS applicants. They accept almost all that they interview, which for class of 2024 I think was around 50-60 applicants. I can double-check if you'd like. And yes, I agree that all pre-December interviews are done. There are only 3 weeks left until acceptance day so most schools are finished for sending out pre-December invites. They'll almost all be mid-January or later now.

UoP is very selective about its OOS applicants. They accept almost all that they interview, which for class of 2024 I think was around 50-60 applicants. I can double-check if you'd like. And yes, I agree that all pre-December interviews are done. There are only 3 weeks left until acceptance day so most schools are finished for sending out pre-December invites. They'll almost all be mid-January or later now.
Yeah I have that OOS/IS interview, acceptance number chart as well - I mean their avg gpa is 3.5 and DAT 22 which I am right on for both numbers. erggg
OSS: 975 applied/69 interviewed/60 acepted.
IS: 899/192/147
Shoot its a very IS-friendly school...

Yeah I have that OOS/IS interview, acceptance number chart as well - I mean their avg gpa is 3.5 and DAT 22 which I am right on for both numbers. erggg
OSS: 975 applied/69 interviewed/60 acepted.
IS: 899/192/147
Shoot its a very IS-friendly school...
Yes, yes it is lol. Them being a 3 year program has also made it highly competitive as well so I’m sure more applicants applied this year compared to 2020. Hopefully things work out!

Yes, yes it is lol. Them being a 3 year program has also made it highly competitive as well so I’m sure more applicants applied this year compared to 2020. Hopefully things work out!
I really enjoyed the weather and the city there :p Also the rent seems not to be as very notorious as I expected it to be compared to other major cities like NYC or Boston. Just on par, I guess.

Would you say Roseman is going to be competitive as well? I would like to believe the news of the new 3-year program has not reached many applicants lol
Did you apply to both schools?

I really enjoyed the weather and the city there :p Also the rent seems not to be as very notorious as I expected it to be compared to other major cities like NYC or Boston. Just on par, I guess.

Would you say Roseman is going to be competitive as well? I would like to believe the news of the new 3-year program has not reached many applicants lol
Did you apply to both schools?
I didn't apply to either, Roseman felt way too expensive and I did not want to live in California for UoP, looking at the amount of OOS applicants they accept it wasn't worth it to me.

However, I did do a lot of research on the different schools which is why I am in this thread trying to help others. Roseman probably won't be as competitive as UoP just because it's a private school and I believe their stats aren't nearly as good compared to some of the state schools around it and it's a newer school. However, most will say you'll get the same education wherever you go so I would pick the program that's cheapest and makes you feel welcome.

got a call 8:49 AM PST!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today saying my file is still under review and they sent a survey asking for updates.

Reactions: 1 users
Is the survey from the UOP email relevant to whether or not you will eventually receive an interview invite or is it sent to all applicants?
doesn't matter
send it unless you have already been accepted to the school you want to go to...

My friends received the email last year too, it’s sent to everyone I believe to see who is still interested so they don’t send invites to those that are already committed and not interested in interviewing still

has anyone gotten a rejection from this school with no interview yet?
I also received the file under review and the optional questionaire but don't know if this is a good sign or not. (I also feel like they very much threw it out on the email very nonchantly, I almost missed it)

has anyone gotten a rejection from this school with no interview yet?
I also received the file under review and the optional questionaire but don't know if this is a good sign or not. (I also feel like they very much threw it out on the email very nonchantly, I almost missed it)
if you haven't gotten a rejection, that's a good thing...

I just got an "Optional Questionnaire" from UOP asking for an update on what I did so far and define "Humanism". Do you guys know what that is?

No I'm asking what the survey or questionnaire is. Did they send it to everyone or just those who are supposed to get interviews?
it's an "Optional Questionnaire" from UOP asking for an update on what you did so far and define "Humanism".
it is likely sent to everyone...

Has anybody received a post-December interview/when will more invites be sent out?

it's an "Optional Questionnaire" from UOP asking for an update on what you did so far and define "Humanism".
it is likely sent to everyone...
Did the optional questionnaire get sent to everyone during the month of december or was it sent to others earlier?

Is anyone from the group that interviewed 12/15 on here? Has anyone heard back?

• Okay...
Interviewed 12/15 and got the acceptance call at 12:06 PM PST!!!

• Wow
Has anyone received an interview invite from this school since the Winter break? I got accepted to OHSU but I am still waiting for Uop

Does anyone know how I can reach out to UOP admissions? Ive called and emailed and have not heard back and my concern is time sensitive.

I have a quick question. What quarter do we start in? Is it in the summer July 18 or Fall in October?