Maryland Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interview #2
School: UMD
Notification date: 9/30
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS (international)
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/19
Application complete date: 9/9 (photo uploaded)
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/21/no
Dates available: 11/16
Method of interview: Virtual

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone who sent their supplementals in call or email them asking for an update? It has been a while (8/26) since I submitted my secondary. Lmk if you have and if you would recommend it/discourage it.

Did anyone who sent their supplementals in call or email them asking for an update? It has been a while (8/26) since I submitted my secondary. Lmk if you have and if you would recommend it/discourage it.
I would try and wait a little longer. I submitted my secondary 8/18 and received an interview invite yesterday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone from IS received interview? If you have, could you share with stat?
I have submitted everything in mid July. However, I haven't heard yet... I am getting worried.....

Did Maryland’s supplemental have additional essays/ short answers to submit?

Is anyone else having trouble paying for the application fee? Every time I click on the cart to pay, an error happens.

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/30
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.08. 3.17
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/7

Are there anyone here that's received a seconday but has NOT received any interviews yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Are there anyone here that's sent a seconday but has NOT received any interviews yet?

Me! Applied mid-July and got the secondary a week or two later. Submitted the secondary the day after I received it but still haven’t heard back.

Are there anyone here that's received a seconday but has NOT received any interviews yet?
My application was complete 8/18 and got the secondary two weeks ago. Still waiting!

Interview #4
Notification date: 10/04
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19
Application complete date: 09/03
GPA (science, overall): 3.89, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any below 17): 23/24/20/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/19

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on August 2nd. Try emailing them and asking for an update on your application. That is what I did this On Monday morning and they sent me the email interview invite this morning.
what did you say when asking for an application update?

Interview #8
Notification date: 10/11
Method of notification: Phone/Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27
Application complete date: 9/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):23/22/20/23 No
Dates available: 10/13
Method of interview: virtual

what did you say when asking for an application update?
It was very basic I just told them if I can an an update on my application (those were my exact words)

Interview #8
Method of interview: virtu

Interview #8
hey how was your interview and you got only two days notice? also what other school you have received invitation?

hey how was your interview and you got only two days notice? also what other school you have received invitation?
Yeah, haha, I only got a two day warning. From what they told me, they had someone drop out of that day's interview. Honestly, the interview went well!
I've interviewed with UCSF, UConn, UMN, UAB, MUSC, UF, and will be interviewing with UNC this weekend!

Yeah, haha, I only got a two day warning. From what they told me, they had someone drop out of that day's interview. Honestly, the interview went well!
I've interviewed with UCSF, UConn, UMN, UAB, MUSC, UF, and will be interviewing with UNC this weekend!
ok I am interviewing in November and not other school you mentioned I have applied so I can not share much. we would find more in a months time I guess....

Interview #8
Congrats! When did you receive the email that UMSOD has received your secondary application?

Congrats! When did you receive the email that UMSOD has received your secondary application?
Thank you!! I got confirmation that my secondary was received on September 23rd. I received the secondary application on September 20th.

Has anyone whose secondary application was received on September 28th or later been invited to an interview?

Anyone still waiting on a supplemental?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #6
School: Maryland
Notification Date: 09/30
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25
Application complete date: 06/30
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/27/21/20/No
Dates available: 10/07

Interview #6
hey how was the interview and how long

hey how was the interview and how long
My interview was from 8 am to about 11:30 am Pacific time so a total of about 3.5 hours. It starts with a presentation of the school followed by a presentation from financial aid. Then you are given a break. After the break there is a QA with faculty and students. While the Q and A is going on people will be pulled out into a breakout room to be interviewed which lasts 30 minutes. After the interview you are placed back into the QA until it finishes.

Interview #6
wow!!! great stats!!! you could probably get into any school. Great job!

My interview was from 8 am to about 11:30 am Pacific time so a total of about 3.5 hours. It starts with a presentation of the school followed by a presentation from financial aid. Then you are given a break. After the break there is a QA with faculty and students. While the Q and A is going on people will be pulled out into a breakout room to be interviewed which lasts 30 minutes. After the interview you are placed back into the QA until it finishes.
ok you had in person interview you mean?

Does anyone know if there is a cut-off for supplementals? My application was finished 3rd week of July w the application fee. There was a hold placed in mid-early August bc my LOR was not signed. That issue was fixed that day. Does anyone have any insight on this? GPA: 3.55, 3.3 DAT, 22aa,21ts,20pat oos

Does anyone know if there is a cut-off for supplementals? My application was finished 3rd week of July w the application fee. There was a hold placed in mid-early August bc my LOR was not signed. That issue was fixed that day. Does anyone have any insight on this? GPA: 3.55, 3.3 DAT, 22aa,21ts,20pat oos
hey I don't know if theres a cut off but my application was placed on hold due to prereqs on Sept. 28th and I received the supplemental a few days ago so they're still sending them!

I had my interview on 9/30. They started off with just presentations of the school, financial aid, then they had a student panel that led a presentation “tour”. During the tour they pulled people in separate zoom rooms to interview while the rest were there with the panel waiting for their turn. My interview went so quick. I think it was like 15 minutes.

I had my interview on 9/30. They started off with just presentations of the school, financial aid, then they had a student panel that led a presentation “tour”. During the tour they pulled people in separate zoom rooms to interview while the rest were there with the panel waiting for their turn. My interview went so quick. I think it was like 15 minutes.
Did you only have one interview and was it 1 on 1? Did you find out who your interviewer was before hand?

no it was through zoom.
Thanks so it seems they provide more info on them so students can take better decision as not sure in 15 minutes what could you really make out. Lot of students would get multiple offers it seems as people are interviewing as many as 8 or 10 universities. it will be lengthy process till February so if anyone is worried need be patience and hopeful.

Thanks so it seems they provide more info on them so students can take better decision as not sure in 15 minutes what could you really make out. Lot of students would get multiple offers it seems as people are interviewing as many as 8 or 10 universities. it will be lengthy process till February so if anyone is worried need be patience and hopeful.
my actual interview was 30 minutes with one faculty member.

Does anyone know if they are still sending supplementals... Still haven't heard back and my application has been completed since they received my DAT score back in August.

Does anyone know if they are still sending supplementals... Still haven't heard back and my application has been completed since they received my DAT score back in August.
I received the supplemental last Wednesday, the 20th! My application was taken off hold September 29th.

Anyone have any interview advice? Saw on the school SDN page that the questions were entirely different then what some people expected?

Did you only have one interview and was it 1 on 1? Did you find out who your interviewer was before hand?
It was just a single interview, there was someone from the admissions committee (an older guy) and a D4 both interviewing me.

Also my interview was closed file. They had no previous knowledge on who I was which was contrary to what I read online.

Also my interview was closed file. They had no previous knowledge on who I was which was contrary to what I read online.
when did you get your link for interview and did they send any other material before interview?

Anyone have any interview advice? Saw on the school SDN page that the questions were entirely different then what some people expected?
I did get a diversity question but they asked it in a different way to what’s on SDN. I can’t remember though since it was a little while ago. But definitely prepare an answer for that.

Tbh I thought the best way to prepare was to have answers for all different kinds of questions they could ask you. Like don’t memorize anything but have an idea on what you could say, that way nothing throws you off.

I highly recommend doing a mock interview because it’ll make you more comfortable on your actual interview day. The only thing I wish I prepared more for was when they asked me at the end “is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?” I’m not sure why but I didn’t have a great answer for this. Maybe it was the nerves or that they asked me a lot of questions already but I didn’t have something prepared so I kinda stuttered.

when did you get your link for interview and did they send any other material before interview?
They sent an email invitation with an interview date. I had to call a number to confirm the date or if I needed to reschedule. Once I confirmed the time they sent a follow up email with the zoom link and an itinerary.

Interview is on Nov 3rd for me. and when I called they said they would send the link closer to the date.

Interview #1
Notification Date: 10/28
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/28
Application complete date: September
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/19/No
Dates available: 11/09
Received and submitted my supplemental last week