Lord of the Rings WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe I'm just weird, but I honestly don't really pay attention to what the dead people say unless I'm one of them. Or when they bring up alcohol apparently. Anytime I see the stars, I kind of just skim past them until I get to where active players are discussing theories.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm just weird, but I honestly don't really pay attention to what the dead people say unless I'm one of them. Or when they bring up alcohol apparently. Anytime I see the stars, I kind of just skim past them until I get to where active players are discussing theories.
Ditto

I'm asking that players who are dead be a bit more cautious about what they say as a way of being respectful to the remaining players, and we have to agree to disagree about that?

Um... ok.

No I completely agree. But, even you last game were guilty of posting too much in my eyes. It is all a matter of perspective. It really should be left to random musings. I sometimes think even the go villagers or evil will win can be too much, if read in context with other live players posts.

Thanks everyone :oops: Glad you guys enjoyed!!!:D We really tried our best to keep everything fair for each side when things got, um, complicated. A huge hats off to AKD who came up with the idea and basically all the items and roles, he put a huge amount of work into this. Plus a huge THANKS for being so accommodating with my horrible schedule. :cool:

Alright, if everyone has stuff going on (it is Easter after all) I can wait to feed my WW addiction. :)

I have to take a WW break for a little while :( Hubby is visiting from the States for the next two weeks, so need to spend some quality time with him for a bit. But will definitely be back after that. Will need to feed my addiction!!

I can wait to feed my WW addiction. :)

Will need to feed my addiction!!

tumblr_kxu0smvnIZ1qaalrko1_500.jpg

Ugh!! When Pippin got "lost in the woods" I totally thought he was converted, I even brought it up to firefly. But I never trust myself and I think we both wanted to trust LIS (I had communicated a ton with him from the very beginning), so we let it go. Then I figured it out when we almost lynched shortnsweet but got to the thread too late to change my vote! I asked what firefly thought of my theory, she agreed and posted it... but it was too late!! But I thought there were only 2 wolves left, I didn't think LMMS was a wolf.

Great game AKD and Packen! Even though I sucked in it, like usual, haha. And hopefully one day I'll get to be a wolf, to see what the other side is like :) This was game number 4 for me, and I've been a villager every time.

Excellent game, mods! I'm sorry to see that we lost, though... at least my suspicion of LMMS was justified :laugh:

Absolutely amazing game on the mod's part! I loved how many roles there were. I have to say, my position was definitely the best. Still getting to be a wolf, but not having to worry about being under suspicion because I was dead was pretty amazing. Alaska and Packen, you guys did a great job handling a lot of little (or big) hiccups along the way, and I really appreciated that. Thanks everyone for a great game! Can't wait for the next one!

Members don't see this ad :)
You know...after being on your team before, I knew how you played, so my vote was to get rid of you earlier, but then other....let's say issues....came up.

TW figured me out right away after she died (she would send me frustrated messages every day lol)....but no one else suspected me until you posted your list, and even then I seemed to be low on the radar.

Seriously people!!!!! No one suspected her in a looooong time. I was going to send the arrow after her and changed back to pepper bc that was the general consensus!!!

Seriously people!!!!! No one suspected her in a looooong time. I was going to send the arrow after her and changed back to pepper bc that was the general consensus!!!

It's because I am so little and cute :laugh:

Evil prevails! Yay!! :woot:

First and foremost: Way to go AKD and Packen. You did an awesome job!! GREAT game!! :bow: Also, thank you for providing me with a distraction during my mental duress. The incredible theme was the perfect way to take my mind off of chem and lowered my bp to nearly normal levels. THANK YOU!!!

Also, props to my fellow wolves - you guys did a great job of communicating and strategizing. And LIS, no apologies necessary. I realize that you really didn't want to be a wolf, but you were very good at it.

Additionally, to all of you that suspected me, I congratulate you and must say that you did an excellent job forcing me to stay on my toes with things. As DVMD said, the longer these things go, the harder it is to find ways to defend yourself. Especially when there are very clever persons who are able to see through the wording of things. Right DVMD? ;) Then, when Cuitz came back and had several good reasons of suspicion, that really threw me for a total loop. Cuitz - way to go for keeping up with things from the after life. Quite impressive!

Thanks to all for a great game! Now to go and delete over 500 msgs from my inbox.

I'm glad you guys liked it!! I had way to much fun thinking of ideas :p And thanks everyone for sticking with it even after we had a few speed bumps to recover from. I was really just worried that people weren't having fun after all that :(

Firefly: We didn't let you live because killing you would cast suspicion on me (pretty much anything was going to do that). We let you live because most nights we were less than confident we could take you out for one reason or another (armor, ring, etc.). And, Lissa and DVMD were really more of a threat since they were literally spelling out exactly what was going on.

I was kinda hoping that at some point we'd be able to swing suspicion your way (or to JJohnston) - at least enough to sway some votes away from one of us - but the opportunity never really came up.

Just wanted to say that for my first WW game, I was highly impressed with AKD and Packen for the theme and storyline. AWESOME job guys! :D So, anyone else wanna start another one? This game was so much fun to play!

I must say. It was both aggravating yet hilarious to watch villagers pass up wolves. I Actually predicted right before I died that my arrow would work on a wolf no matter what (plus I complained to AKD wayyyy too often)

Thank you shortnsweet for tolerating my moaning! She was the 3rd person I was suspicious of!!! Oh well. Glad the game turned around after all the drama!

I love how this forum has quieted down considerably since the game ended. We seem to be in that "post app cycle but before next app cycle rut."

I must say. It was both aggravating yet hilarious to watch villagers pass up wolves. I Actually predicted right before I died that my arrow would work on a wolf no matter what (plus I complained to AKD wayyyy too often)

Thank you shortnsweet for tolerating my moaning! She was the 3rd person I was suspicious of!!! Oh well. Glad the game turned around after all the drama!

No worries...I found your PMs hysterical.

I love how this forum has quieted down considerably since the game ended. We seem to be in that "post app cycle but before next app cycle rut."

It'll speed up again for a little bit around April 15th and the week or so after. Then it dies, then is brightens up around June and then people start getting really grouchy around September. The cycle is so very fun to watch! :)

It'll speed up again for a little bit around April 15th and the week or so after. Then it dies, then is brightens up around June and then people start getting really grouchy around September. The cycle is so very fun to watch! :)

I know :) I've been around for 2 years or so. It's just sooo funny. My mom browses this forum (I know, right??? UGHHH) and she's like "all you guys are doing is these games." I'm sorry we can't be more entertaining, mom :laugh:

Lol Nyanko. She doesn't read through the games, but all the other stuff is fair game. It's super creepy, actually. Like she'll be "Oh so-and-so was talking about ***" and I haven't even seen the thread yet. She's more addicted than I am!

Lol Nyanko. She doesn't read through the games, but all the other stuff is fair game. It's super creepy, actually. Like she'll be "Oh so-and-so was talking about ***" and I haven't even seen the thread yet. She's more addicted than I am!

So my actual nickname is Minkey (my car's vanity plate). And my coworkers know I've been playin these games for multiple weeks. And now they call me TigerMinkey. It sounds sooooo wrong!!!! Gah!!! I'm time warner!!

You guys were awesome mods. Thanks for handling my stupidity well and not letting it destroy the game. The wolves in this game were awesome, I think I served to level the playing fields a little. Again, sorry about that, it was all my fault, Hedgie was involved, but it was all my plan and it was me that messed it up by PMing LIS. And I am so glad you guys converted LIS, if he had gone back through his earlier messages, I didn't tell him who the wolves were but I had "suspicion lists" and there were wolves on them. And for the record, before I spilled my guts to LIS trying to get him to come in on our plan, Nyanko was the only wolf Hedgie knew of and she figured it out for herself. I did say WAY too much to LIS and I apologize for that.

If you guys ever let me play again, I promise to never pull any stupid stunts like that again. Hedgie and I won't be groupies anymore and I am not gonna play with the same people in my group all the time and strategize broadly like Hedgie and I did, it will all be about the game at hand and nothing more. Don't plan to play again for quite some time though.

Well, it is quite miraculous that the wolves still won. Even with the epic WW fail.

YAY!!!! And the wolves for the win!!!! :highfive::clap::soexcited::bow:

Great job AKdream and Packen - very well done game! :D I wish I hadn't gotten killed so early so I could have played the thing through more.

I need another WW game now - so someone needs to start one up STAT!!!

And too bad for you DVM - I can still drink the alcohol, so your poison failed. :hungover: :laugh:

If you guys ever let me play again, I promise to never pull any stupid stunts like that again.

Good 'nuff for me.

Honestly, I think where you went wrong is in your 'group' allegiance philosophy, because I get the sense that's what led to the silly truce concept. I know in our first game you talked about carrying those relationships into the next game. Problem is, you have no way to tell what status a player will have in the next game - each game is completely independent. Absolute loyalty is good, but it needs to be to your overall team (villagers vs. wolves), not the artificially constructed groups. So... just rethink your group loyalty and apply it in the right place and you'll be fine. :)

I'd be happy to play with you again.

And too bad for you DVM - I can still drink the alcohol, so your poison failed. :hungover: :laugh:

Honestly, DVMD's shining moment wasn't figuring out who the wolves were - a few of us had that pretty much pegged early, but just couldn't really steer things that way (or didn't get the chance, in my case).

DVMD's best moment, I thought, was catching the timing of the delivery of the item notices with relation to when the turn events were posted (when shortnsweet made the Sting play). That was highly observant - very clever.

Wolfie PARTAY with ze alcohol!!!!

And squirrels...I'm sorry, but I can't completely forgive you yet. You weren't playing with your team. That wasn't strategy. You played us so we wouldn't vote for hedgie, and so you could win, not us as a team. I just hope you learned that this game is supposed to be fun, but there is certain etiquette you need to follow....

Honestly, DVMD's shining moment wasn't figuring out who the wolves were - a few of us had that pretty much pegged early, but just couldn't really steer things that way (or didn't get the chance, in my case).

DVMD's best moment, I thought, was catching the timing of the delivery of the item notices with relation to when the turn events were posted (when shortnsweet made the Sting play). That was highly observant - very clever.

Agreed. I should have said I was drunkies and hit delete before I read it and AKDream had to resend it.....:laugh:

To be fair, AKD didn't give me the results from my last sting investigation until after I was dead. He asked me if I still wanted it...of course I still wanted it! He then taunted me about the results since I couldn't do anything with them.

To be fair, AKD didn't give me the results from my last sting investigation until after I was dead. He asked me if I still wanted it...of course I still wanted it! He then taunted me about the results since I couldn't do anything with them.

lol in the dog game and the JP game I got my "you died" at the same time as my final investigation results...both times of wolves. both were some variant of "...is a wolf, but you died so you can't tell anyone! how unfortunate!"

to be fair, akd didn't give me the results from my last sting investigation until after i was dead. He asked me if i still wanted it...of course i still wanted it! He then taunted me about the results since i couldn't do anything with them.

:hungover:

Yea this was a great observation! Also I think firefly said about LMMS and the role title she made up just not fitting with the rest of them :thumbup: