Loma Linda University - Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hm

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview on last thursday which was 3/18 and i got a call on 3/24. Good luck to you! =)

This makes me super nervous...Starting to think I didnt get in. I interviewed 2/25 and now its 3/25 and ive heard nothing...:confused:

This makes me super nervous...Starting to think I didnt get in. I interviewed 2/25 and now its 3/25 and ive heard nothing...:confused:

Awww...hang in there. I honestly have no clue as to LLU's admissions process because people who've turned in their supp early got late interiviews and folks who turned in their supps got earlier interviews. SO i'm not sure what they are trying to do. I hope you hear from them soon with GOOD news! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

I think you should call, if it already pass 4 weeks. They are very nice and kept telling us not to be hesitate to call and ask question, so don't be afraid.;)

I think you should call, if it already pass 4 weeks. They are very nice and kept telling us not to be hesitate to call and ask question, so don't be afraid.;)
THanks mama ch. im trying to keep my head up. I emailed them yesterday. Ima call later on today. Thank you also nng. I pray its good news too.:xf:

so I got back from the interview yesterday ! i have no idea how i did! i was more nervous than ever...the faculty that interviewed me was so nice...the campus was pretty too. the 30 minutes spent with each interviewer seemed more like an hour. there were so many questions asked! anyways...now its the waiting game like everyone else on this forum.:)

Hey, me too. Btw, does anyone know if their is a specific laptop requirement? P1's? I'm planning to get a more compact notebook finally...

Our school doesnt require laptops, but if u want to bring them, feel free.

Our school doesnt require laptops, but if u want to bring them, feel free.
Ok. Meowmeow did u apply to LLU's 'Private Education Loan Application and Solicitation'? I'm a newb on fin aid. Which loans did u apply to? Just curious.

Anyone else who got accepted get asked this? It is in ur new student portal under Fin Aid requirements.

Ok. Meowmeow did u apply to LLU's 'Private Education Loan Application and Solicitation'? I'm a newb on fin aid. Which loans did u apply to? Just curious.

Anyone else who got accepted get asked this? It is in ur new student portal under Fin Aid requirements.

Yea, that was in my portal. I clicked on "yes," meaning I want to be considered for it. It seems to be a fixed interest loan that we can get that doesn't start accruing interest until after we graduate. I might be wrong, but it sounds like the loan is through LLU itself...

Yea, that was in my portal. I clicked on "yes," meaning I want to be considered for it. It seems to be a fixed interest loan that we can get that doesn't start accruing interest until after we graduate. I might be wrong, but it sounds like the loan is through LLU itself...
Yes, it is through LLU. Also, it says Unsubsidized Stafford and PLUS loans accrue while you're a student, but this private doesn't until you graduate. It's also a fixed interest rate between 0-9%. I'm just wondering if it's better, because I also heard that it is best to only apply to Federal loans first, then private ones only if you have to?

Yes, it is through LLU. Also, it says Unsubsidized Stafford and PLUS loans accrue while you're a student, but this private doesn't until you graduate. It's also a fixed interest rate between 0-9%. I'm just wondering if it's better, because I also heard that it is best to only apply to Federal loans first, then private ones only if you have to?

Yea, the Unsubsidized Stafford and PLUS loans do accrue interest right when you take them out, but you don't have to pay on them until after you graduate and get a job or 6 months after you graduate, whichever comes first. Same with the Subsidized, but it doesn't accrue interest until you graduate. The interest rate for the loan through LLU is a good rate, even if you get the 9%.This is because the PLUS loan is like 8.5%. I have also heard to take out federal loans first, but I would rather take out the loan from LLU that doesn't accrue interest while in school and take out less on the Unsub or PLUS. This way you will be in a little less debt when you graduate.

if you don't hear back from them soon, as in within the 4 weeks time span, does that mean you are rejected?
Also, does anyone know when they start pulling people from alt list?

For those still waiting to hear, the admissions committee meets today and on April 9. I guess they just finished break so school is back in session and faculty is back.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those still waiting to hear, the admissions committee meets today and on April 9. I guess they just finished break so school is back in session and faculty is back.

I just got a call today, said I was put in alternative list, but they cannot let me know my rank in the list :scared:. Kristi also said the school will start pull of student from the list from May to September. Last year, there was a person got accepted just 2 days before school starts.

I am just wondering that how many people in the waitlist. They interview 225-250 people, accept 75, and put the rest in the waitlist and rank them? or they actually deny some people after interview?

And here is the update list of who got interviewed, waitlisted and accepted.

Interviewed :xf::xf:

lovelystell interview 12/21/09

goingbackstar interview 12/16/09

alskdifh interview 1/11/10

chuichi10 interview 1/28

onlyforyours18 interview 12/22

cuncti316 interview 2/11

jumpmanjumma interview 2/25

ir2025 interview 03/09

cheeseboy2 declined interview 3/16

newbs interview 03/25

DrugsRUsRUs interview 03/18

Waitlisted :xf::confused:

tink7 waitlisted

sunshine1984 interiview 1/30 waitlist 2/09

bora0831 interview 2/17 waitlist 3/1

jn03prk interview 3/18 waitlist 3/24

nng interview 3/18 waitlist 3/29

Accepted :thumbup:

pharmascientist interview 1/26 accepted 2/5

SDreamer interview 2/03 accepted 2/08

Chromatography interview 03/11 accepted 3/22

huiting inteview 2/8 accepted 2/16

coffeejunkie interview 2/10 accepted 3/1

lakersfanpharmd interview 2/10 accepted 3/5

ILuvPharm2 interview 2/18 accepted 3/15

evaveZ interview 2/16 accepted 3/15

so is there anyone else get an interview in April?
Is there anyone who got pulled out from alternate list?

good luck to those who are still waiting.
Don't lose hope! There's always next year if you don't get in.

Last edited:
no not yet. I am wishing those who are waiting good luck though.

no not yet. I am wishing those who are waiting good luck though.

Hello folx,

I understand how worried when we are waiting for the calls or even the interview invitations.
I applied 5 schools this Cycle. I got all interview invitations and got accepted from one school, except LLU; I havent heard anything from them after my supplemental application in Nov 2009
Meanwhile, got the decisions ( qualified or not for interviews) from the other schools just within 3-4 weeks.
I really dont know LLU policy !?

Just want to share some of my story

Anyway, best wish to all try to get in LLU

ir2025. you're * from my interview day LOL.
nice to see your sn and email is the same.
don't worry I'll keep you anonymous on here. :)

remember to keep us updated with your status. I think you will get in. :)

I hope you all get in!!! Good luck! Hopefully you can all be my classmates :)

Hello folx,

I understand how worried when we are waiting for the calls or even the interview invitations.
I applied 5 schools this Cycle. I got all interview invitations and got accepted from one school, except LLU; I havent heard anything from them after my supplemental application in Nov 2009
Meanwhile, got the decisions ( qualified or not for interviews) from the other schools just within 3-4 weeks.
I really dont know LLU policy !?

Just want to share some of my story

Anyway, best wish to all try to get in LLU

Hey,

Thanks for sharing and congratulations, to you! Yea, I really hope prospective LLUSP-ers get some answers soon. very unconventional process/policy for sure.

Hey,

Thanks for sharing and congratulations, to you! Yea, I really hope prospective LLUSP-ers get some answers soon. very unconventional process/policy for sure.

Thanks

I hope you guys have news to take any back up plan out there.

Haha. and now I know who you are as well. :D Its nice to be able to match a face to the SN. :)

By the way, I have been thinking, people who got interviewed after 3/18 were :

ir2025 interview 03/18

newbs interview 03/25

And 2 of them were wait-listed so that means the three of us still have a chance to get an acceptance letter, unless they reject everyone or put them on wait-list. :(
Or newbs, how many people interviewed with you on 3/25?

Hi All,

I got the most-dreaded letter today...the good 'ol rejection letter. It was nice staying along the same path with ya'll for the last couple of weeks. Good luck to everyone and their endeavors!

I was hoping someone can help me. Where do I start if I want to get a pharmacy tech license? i.e. the materials, how to register for exam, how to study for it. Any suggestions will help.

The exam for the tech license is the PTCB exam right?

Thanks and good luck ya'll!!!!

Haha. and now I know who you are as well. :D Its nice to be able to match a face to the SN. :)

By the way, I have been thinking, people who got interviewed after 3/18 were :

ir2025 interview 03/18

newbs interview 03/25

And 2 of them were wait-listed so that means the three of us still have a chance to get an acceptance letter, unless they reject everyone or put them on wait-list. :(
Or newbs, how many people interviewed with you on 3/25?

there were 2 other ppl that interviewed that day with me so a total of 3.

Hi All,

I got the most-dreaded letter today...the good 'ol rejection letter. It was nice staying along the same path with ya'll for the last couple of weeks. Good luck to everyone and their endeavors!

I was hoping someone can help me. Where do I start if I want to get a pharmacy tech license? i.e. the materials, how to register for exam, how to study for it. Any suggestions will help.

I got mine too last week. Till next time.

Hi All,

I'm so sorry to hear that :(. I hope you have a better luck in other schools you applied for.
About the pharm tech lisence, yes, you can google PTCB and go to the website to register for the test. Within 90 days from the register date, you can make an appointment at any location you would find convenient for you and take the test there. If you want to change the test day, you can do that too by going to the test center website, but you have to do it 24 hours before your scheduled test day.
For the material, you can go to ebay, and search for PTCB review book, My friend used the one written by Mosby and she passed the exam at the first try. I used different one, studied for 2 weeks, and failed by 2 questions, so... I will take it again when I get the Mosby's book.
PM me when you have any more questions about the PTCB exam. I will gladly help.

I'm so sorry to hear that :(. I hope you have a better luck in other schools you applied for.
About the pharm tech lisence, yes, you can google PTCB and go to the website to register for the test. Within 90 days from the register date, you can make an appointment at any location you would find convenient for you and take the test there. If you want to change the test day, you can do that too by going to the test center website, but you have to do it 24 hours before your scheduled test day.
For the material, you can go to ebay, and search for PTCB review book, My friend used the one written by Mosby and she passed the exam at the first try. I used different one, studied for 2 weeks, and failed by 2 questions, so... I will take it again when I get the Mosby's book.
PM me when you have any more questions about the PTCB exam. I will gladly help.

THANK YOU, nng!!!

For those who are interviewed, do they send an email saying you are rejected or do you receive an actual letter after the 4 weeks wait?

For those who are interviewed, do they send an email saying you are rejected or do you receive an actual letter after the 4 weeks wait?

I would think an actual letter. Email is for quick correspondence purposes like interview invitation or acceptance, followed by an actual letter for officiallity.

Rejections are generally done the official way, so they wouldn't both send you an email AND an actual letter. I mean who needs to be informed of their rejection twice?

But come to think of it LLU does things differently than most schools. :confused:

nng. I think I know who you are. We met at CNCP! What a small world. we talked about LLU at our table and you asked me what is my SDN name is but I didn't tell you at the time.

congrats on being accepted to Worcestor. Hope you get into a Cali school but you should be happy you already got accepted. :)

nng. I think I know who you are. We met at CNCP! What a small world. we talked about LLU at our table and you asked me what is my SDN name is but I didn't tell you at the time.

congrats on being accepted to Worcestor. Hope you get into a Cali school but you should be happy you already got accepted. :)

Hey, I know you too... Thanks... I know, I am very lucky :) . Now I need a miracle to get accepted to LLU :rolleyes:, my first choice school. I hope we both get in... :xf:

I know what you mean. After interviewing at OOS schools I realized how much I want to stay on the pacific coast to be close to my family. But all schools have waitlisted or rejected me so I am feeling so hopeless. I have never felt so discouraging before. But at least you made your family proud with an acceptance already. I feel like I let my family down. I would gladly take your Worcestor acceptance anyday :(

don't feel bad, by getting an interview, you have already beat more than 1K other applicants.

don't feel bad, by getting an interview, you have already beat more than 1K other applicants.

I agree, Don't feel bad drugsRUsRUs, if you are in waitlists you have gone very far, and there are always hopes. :thumbup:

To those who are in alternate list, have you done the background check?
I am still thinking if I should pay $50 for it or wait until the good news come. I'm short in budget after all of these applications and travel, $50 is not a small amount of money for me at these time.

Last edited:
To those who are in alternate list, have you done the background check? I am still thinking if I should pay $50 for it or wait until the good news come. I'm short in budget after all of these applications and travel, $50 is not a small amount of money for me at these time.

I received a packet from LLU yesterday and it stated that you shouldn't get your background check before June 1, but before August 1, I believe. So, anywhere between June 1 and August 1 you can think about getting your background check.

Thanks Pharmascientist. I didn't receive any packet from LLU, since I'm only in waitlist. I didn't see they mentions about the time frame to do the background check so I just submitted my order and paid yesterday :confused:. Hopefully it did not go wrong and I have to pay another $50 :(

:soexcited: Woo hoo! I just got the phone call a couple hours ago that I was accepted!! I'm feeling very relieved right now and I screamed at the top of lungs while I was at work. I think I should be getting the packet sometime next week.

i got in too! phone call this morning . omg..i was losing hope. congrats pharma spia~!:)

:soexcited: Woo hoo! I just got the phone call a couple hours ago that I was accepted!! I'm feeling very relieved right now and I screamed at the top of lungs while I was at work. I think I should be getting the packet sometime next week.

wow... congrats! when were you interviewed?

congrats to you too newb! I thought interviews from Feb are for alternate list, but it seems to be wrong!!! :thumbup:

are there anyone got an interview in April?

Congrats to you all too! nng, hopefully u will get in too! I am going to create a facebook group class of 2014 soon. Hopefully you guys can all join. I just got AC for USC...so I am pretty sure I am going to LLU

Congratulation to those who are accepted today. Did you guys receive an email with your acceptance and pin number yet?

i got accepted 3/22, i got pin and email from llu already. I guess now i have to finish all the requirement for registration

Congrats to you all too! nng, hopefully u will get in too! I am going to create a facebook group class of 2014 soon. Hopefully you guys can all join. I just got AC for USC...so I am pretty sure I am going to LLU

i'm on the waitlist for usc too since feb but it doesn't really matter since i know for sure i'll be a lot happier at llu. :) go to school where i'll be happy for 4 years or sacrifice my happiness/sanity for 4 years? hmm tough choice :p.

i'm on the waitlist for usc too since feb but it doesn't really matter since i know for sure i'll be a lot happier at llu. :) go to school where i'll be happy for 4 years or sacrifice my happiness/sanity for 4 years? hmm tough choice :p.
Hey, I've just been accepted to both USC and LLU. Just curious, why do you think you will be happier at LLU?